I'll be damned .....

1 view

Crash86

Feb 7, 2003, 12:39:20 PM2/7/03
They're already hunting the frog guards in Gukta on CT.

Was taking the nickel tour of the place (like what the frogs have done with
it) when a group walks in and starts pulling. There were a couple of
halflings (a warrior and a rogue) with 'em ... I hope they realize that
froggies are a good race.

On a funnier note, there was a lvl 58 troll SK in there, invised, looking
around. Out of the blue comes:

<TrollSK> shouts "Dis tickin me off."

Best laugh I've had all week.

Crash

Darktyger

Feb 7, 2003, 12:52:27 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:39:20 -0600, "Crash86" <cra...@shotmail.com>
wrote:

As I understand it, currently there are no faction hits for killing
the frog NPCs. I'm sure this will be changed very shortly, of course.
Not surprised people are camping the guards.

1) New NPCs will always be farmed to see what loot they have so long
as they're killable
2) Troll players are bitter over losing their "home" and venting on
the froggies, even if it means loggin in alts to do so.
--
Dark Tyger
Kahir Rhom, Vah'shir BST of the 51st calling - Tunare

"There are no happy endings because nothing ever really ends"
-Schmendrik, The Last Unicorn

LANkrypt0

Feb 7, 2003, 1:01:32 PM2/7/03
Crash86 valdalized the alt.games.everquest bathroom wall with:

C> They're already hunting the frog guards in Gukta on CT.
C>
C> Was taking the nickel tour of the place (like what the frogs have done with
C> it) when a group walks in and starts pulling. There were a couple of
C> halflings (a warrior and a rogue) with 'em ... I hope they realize that
C> froggies are a good race.
C>
C> On a funnier note, there was a lvl 58 troll SK in there, invised, looking
C> around. Out of the blue comes:
C>
C> <TrollSK> shouts "Dis tickin me off."
C>
C> Best laugh I've had all week.
C>
C> Crash
I havent been on in a few days, but the frogs are already moved into
Innothule(sp)? Does that mean the trolls are no longer there? Where did
they go? I just read here neriak, but are they there already?

+=======>
LANkrypt0
"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one
word is 'to be prepared'."
- President George W. Bush
aa#2118

Adam Russell

Feb 7, 2003, 1:18:53 PM2/7/03

"LANkrypt0" <jas...@monmouth.com> wrote in message

> Crash86 valdalized the alt.games.everquest bathroom wall with:
>
> C> They're already hunting the frog guards in Gukta on CT.
> C>
> C> Was taking the nickel tour of the place (like what the frogs have done
with
> C> it) when a group walks in and starts pulling. There were a couple of
> C> halflings (a warrior and a rogue) with 'em ... I hope they realize that
> C> froggies are a good race.
> C>
> C> On a funnier note, there was a lvl 58 troll SK in there, invised,
looking
> C> around. Out of the blue comes:
> C>
> C> <TrollSK> shouts "Dis tickin me off."
> C>
> C> Best laugh I've had all week.
> C>
> C> Crash
> I havent been on in a few days, but the frogs are already moved into
> Innothule(sp)? Does that mean the trolls are no longer there? Where did
> they go? I just read here neriak, but are they there already?

Not just the trolls. I had a Vah Shir bard logged in innothule when the
change happened and woke up at the 'safe spot' in Nektulos.

jaZZmanian Devil

Feb 7, 2003, 1:27:20 PM2/7/03
Crash86 wrote:

> On a funnier note, there was a lvl 58 troll SK in there, invised, looking
> around. Out of the blue comes:
>
> <TrollSK> shouts "Dis tickin me off."
>
> Best laugh I've had all week.

Priceless! LOL!

Good for him! I dont' have much of a problem with people camping guards
anyway, if they are enjoying themselves and not messing up anybody
else's game, but in this case in particular it would be funny to see
some Troll SK, frothing at the mouth and cussing up a storm laying waste
to the frog guards, screaming, "OUT~! OUT, you slimy BASTARDS!!!"

--
"Would you care for a sammich?"

Olaf

Feb 7, 2003, 4:08:57 PM2/7/03
"Crash86" <cra...@shotmail.com> wrote in message

> On a funnier note, there was a lvl 58 troll SK in there, invised,
looking
> around. Out of the blue comes:
>
> <TrollSK> shouts "Dis tickin me off."

Heh. A lot of trolls are pissed off their city is gone.

olaf

David Navarro

Feb 7, 2003, 4:22:29 PM2/7/03
A long, long time ago, Crash86 wrote:
> They're already hunting the frog guards in Gukta on CT.
>
> Was taking the nickel tour of the place (like what the frogs have done
> with it) when a group walks in and starts pulling. There were a
> couple of halflings (a warrior and a rogue) with 'em ... I hope they
> realize that froggies are a good race.

You seem to operate under the mistaken impression that they give a shit. :)

> On a funnier note, there was a lvl 58 troll SK in there, invised,
> looking around. Out of the blue comes:
>
> <TrollSK> shouts "Dis tickin me off."
>
> Best laugh I've had all week.

Trolls have traditionally been some of the best roleplayers in EQ. I
blame Terry Pratchett.

--
Hanrahan Thornhide, Human Druid, 56, Fennin Ro

Pavlov's Dog and Schrodinger's Cat walk into a bar...

Darktyger

Feb 7, 2003, 4:25:54 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 21:08:57 GMT, "Olaf" <olaf...@SPAMswbell.net>
wrote:

Current speculation I've heard is they may get a new city in LoY,
Neriak just being as an alternative for those who don't upgrade.

Crash86

Feb 7, 2003, 4:53:01 PM2/7/03
"David Navarro" wrote:
> A long, long time ago, Crash86 wrote:
> > They're already hunting the frog guards in Gukta on CT.
> >
> > Was taking the nickel tour of the place (like what the frogs have done
> > with it) when a group walks in and starts pulling. There were a
> > couple of halflings (a warrior and a rogue) with 'em ... I hope they
> > realize that froggies are a good race.
>
> You seem to operate under the mistaken impression that they give a shit.
:)

Heh ... I for one think the concept of a place where lowbie good charcters
can hang out and bank near the swamp is a good thing. Particularly if some
of the new zones are going to be off the swamp.

I know, I know ... there's always the PoK. But sometimes I just don't want
to deal with the framerate and lag issues of the PoK just to bank.

Crash

Justisaur

Feb 7, 2003, 9:06:44 PM2/7/03

These are Trolls you are talking about, I dont think they could manage
such a sentance.

How about a little Troll poetry:

"Kill da froggie, Kill da froggie!
Froggie took me home,
Kill da froggie, Kill da froggie!
Me live wid Inky,
Kill da froggie, Kill da froggie!
Froggie gonna die alone,
Kill da froggie, Kill da froggie!
Inky learn me good,
Kill da froggie, Kill da froggie!
Froggie die by me Stinky,
Kill da froggie, Kill da froggie!
Gonna get back me hood!
Kill da froggie, Kill da froggie!"

Sigh, I was just thinking of starting a Troll, Innothule used to be a
pretty good newbie zone, the DE one sucks...

- Justisaur -
check http://justisaur.tripod.com/well.htm for my encounter generator,
xp calculator, and other usefull documents.

Brian Hance

Feb 8, 2003, 1:58:31 AM2/8/03
Darktyger <dark...@overthere.nothere> wrote:

>2) Troll players are bitter over losing their "home" and venting on
>the froggies, even if it means loggin in alts to do so.

I really have no problem with this at all though. This works out in
both roleplay AND real life. I can understand the frustration.
Trolls SHOULD be trying to take it to the froggies.

--
Brian Hance
"I feel compelled to have the reader conjure Ralph Reed soiling his

Brian Hance

Feb 8, 2003, 1:58:36 AM2/8/03
Justisaur <rpil...@rcsis.com> wrote:

>Sigh, I was just thinking of starting a Troll, Innothule used to be a
>pretty good newbie zone, the DE one sucks...

Actually, they've made a ton of improvements in Nek forest not to long
ago. It's a fairly decent starting zone now. I like Innothule more,
but still, Nek isn't bad at all.

Brian Hance

Feb 8, 2003, 1:58:41 AM2/8/03
David Navarro <da...@alcaudon.com> wrote:

>Trolls have traditionally been some of the best roleplayers in EQ. I
>blame Terry Pratchett.

They need a troll only cooling helmet that gives something like +20
int.

sanjian

Feb 8, 2003, 7:57:08 PM2/8/03
"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

Heh, well I guess this world wasn't quite as static as I had assumed.

Anyways, there's really nothing wrong with hunting guards (from a
roleplaying aspect), as long as it's for a reason. My paladin did a few
levels in Nek forest killing kinky er... inky guards. She may go on to
Rivervale to kill halflings, but that's more due to the fact that I'm sick
of assling druids.

Now, I guess it's a good thing that trolls don't have cultural. I can see
some poor troll warrior with a stack of invisiblilty potions sweating
bullets at the forge.

Brian Hance

Feb 9, 2003, 4:10:45 AM2/9/03
"sanjian" <san...@widomaker.com> wrote:

>Now, I guess it's a good thing that trolls don't have cultural. I can see
>some poor troll warrior with a stack of invisiblilty potions sweating
>bullets at the forge.

Trolls DO have cultural.

http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/recipes_smithing_troll.htm

And the troll cultural forge seems to have already been moved to the
Foreign Quarter.

Dark Jedi

Feb 9, 2003, 10:36:58 PM2/9/03

I realized when that event happened...
2 years and some change, and I have *never* been in Grobb.
Never made a troll, never went in to look around as a non troll.
I had a druid many moons ago who was a traveler, and prided herself on
having seen (And died in many of) every realm she could stick her nose
in to. Literally, she had been in every non-plane or keyed zone in the
game, at the time. (Pre-Velious) at level 19. And somehow, I missed
Grobb. Wow.

--
"The basic Creationist strategy is thus: If Evolutionists point
out uncountable examples in nature, claim it isn't science

Rumbledor

Feb 10, 2003, 10:33:36 AM2/10/03
"sanjian" <san...@widomaker.com> wrote in

> Now, I guess it's a good thing that trolls don't have cultural. I can
> see some poor troll warrior with a stack of invisiblilty potions
> sweating bullets at the forge.

Lol! Too funy. :)

Rumble

Horus

Feb 10, 2003, 1:56:56 PM2/10/03
Darktyger <dark...@overthere.nothere> wrote in message news:<ges74vcpf62fk1uj6...@4ax.com>...

> As I understand it, currently there are no faction hits for killing
> the frog NPCs. I'm sure this will be changed very shortly, of course.
> Not surprised people are camping the guards.
>
> 1) New NPCs will always be farmed to see what loot they have so long
> as they're killable

Ok - anyone want to start a pool on how long it will take for new
froglok characters to start hunting thier own guards? I give it 3
weeks after release.