Patchwork Ammor?

Steven Le

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
Can you make a full set of patchwork for all slots? Also were can I
find all the patterns for leather ammor, I have found the gorget,
tunic, pant, gloves, cap, boot, and sleeve in the East Freeport
Leather Ammor shop. What I looking for is the wristbands to help
complete my friends patchwork set.

Manba
Cleric lvl 14
Xegony

A.G. Turner

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
Only 7 pieces of patchwork can be made. From top to bottom, Cap, Gorget,
Tunic, Arms, Gloves, Pants, Boots. So you have found all the existing
patterns. The other pieces cannot be made since no patterns exist for them.
So, for Bracers, Capes and Belts you will have to get them off monsters,
purchase or quest whatever you can.

Hope that Helps and Good Hunting :-)

Steven Le <SPAMBLOC...@pdq.net> wrote in message

Steven Le

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 02:55:53 -0700, "A.G. Turner" <nos...@please.net>
wrote:

>Only 7 pieces of patchwork can be made. From top to bottom, Cap, Gorget,
>Tunic, Arms, Gloves, Pants, Boots. So you have found all the existing
>patterns. The other pieces cannot be made since no patterns exist for them.
>So, for Bracers, Capes and Belts you will have to get them off monsters,
>purchase or quest whatever you can.

Really? I saw patchwork wristbands before.

Morgan

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
> >Steven Le <SPAMBLOC...@pdq.net> wrote in message
> >> Can you make a full set of patchwork for all slots? Also were can I
> >> find all the patterns for leather ammor, I have found the gorget,
> >> tunic, pant, gloves, cap, boot, and sleeve in the East Freeport
> >> Leather Ammor shop. What I looking for is the wristbands to help
> >> complete my friends patchwork set.

> On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 02:55:53 -0700, "A.G. Turner" <nos...@please.net> wrote:

> >Only 7 pieces of patchwork can be made. From top to bottom, Cap, Gorget,
> >Tunic, Arms, Gloves, Pants, Boots. So you have found all the existing
> >patterns. The other pieces cannot be made since no patterns exist for them.
> >So, for Bracers, Capes and Belts you will have to get them off monsters,
> >purchase or quest whatever you can.

> Steven Le wrote:
>
> Really? I saw patchwork wristbands before.

They were not made by a player.

Some patchwork items (or tattered items) can be found. At least one quest
gives patchwork as a reward and I have gotten shoulderpads from it. I would
not be surprised if it also gave wristbands and other pieces. However, I
don't believe the patterns exist for these items, so they cannot be made by
players.

--
Morgan

A.G. Turner

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
Sorry, for some reason my ISP's mail server didn't pick up the responsive
post. So I'm piggybacking off Morgan's. I have heard of a quest which
gives patchwork. Apparently Morgan has actually done that quest.

While you can't say for certain that any item doesn't exist since no one has
investigated every nook and cranny of Norath yet, a LOT of people have
diligently searched for more than the seven standard patterns. No one has
reported finding them. When I first enter a town I usually canvas it pretty
thoroughly. I have never seen any more than the 7. But I always see those
seven in the same place as at least a small sewing kit and regular leather
armor. Because all the known shops including Island and Gypsy shops have
been investigated, I believe it virtually certain that the patterns don't
exist.

This is consistent with the omission of gloves from banded. Verant just
seems to want to leave gaps in what is makeable. Tailoring is especially
problematic in this regard.

On the bright side, if you can only wear leather, belts, better boots and
capes can be had in Qeynos Hills from the Millers. But you have to pay very
close attention to what they ask for and give them exactly that, or you
don't get their wolf or bear pelt items. A nice leather cape can also be
obtained from Karg in Everfrost if you can ever find him. And, leather
bracers can be obtained very occasionally from certain mobs in Crushbone
(but not your typical orc). Legionnaire's Bracers get dropped all the time,
if you can wear better than leather (but there are some race restrictions on
these).

So those are a few suggestions on places to pick up the missing leather type
items, other than a vender of course. But only the quest mentioned gives
patchwork as far as I've heard. (I've never personally done the quest, I
just used cloth I found for the missing pieces, then bought some
Legionnaires bracers and then saved for banded).

Hope that Helps and Good Hunting :-).

Morgan <mor...@brownie.cs.berkeley.edu> wrote in message

Steven Le

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:09:04 -0700, Morgan
<mor...@brownie.cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
<snip>

>Some patchwork items (or tattered items) can be found. At least one quest
>gives patchwork as a reward and I have gotten shoulderpads from it. I would
>not be surprised if it also gave wristbands and other pieces. However, I
>don't believe the patterns exist for these items, so they cannot be made by
>players.

What quest is this?