Making Arrows in Freeport

mark

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Hi all

Thanks for all the responces to "of bows and arrows", but now my next
question is:-

I am currently settled in Freeport, hunting Darkweed snakes and I am
spending a fortune on arrows, (Is it my imagination but have some prices
gone up recently?).

I have found the nooks for sale at the hidden inn in East Commons, but does
anyone know where I can get the shafts and other bits. I want to get them
in antonica if at all possible.

Yes I know I could go to kelethin, but its a boat ride and loads of time to
get there, plus the loot/experience in EC is good compared to Grt Fay, so I
dont want to go back yet.

So please there must be somewhere else in Norrath were you can get started
in arrow making without hanging around kelethin all my life. So any advise
would be worshipped.

Thanks for any help

Perciville 12lvl Paladin on cazic-Thule

Desdinova

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
"mark" <gi...@dial.pipex.com> sez:

>I have found the nooks for sale at the hidden inn in East Commons, but does
>anyone know where I can get the shafts and other bits. I want to get them
>in antonica if at all possible.

There are only two places in the entire game where you can get
arrow-making components: Kelethin and Surefall Glade.

Desdinova

Desdinova EternalLight
Erudite Conjurer of the 6th Circle
Innoruuk

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:35:48 +0100, "mark" <gi...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

|So please there must be somewhere else in Norrath were you can get started
|in arrow making without hanging around kelethin all my life. So any advise
|would be worshipped.

The other place is Surefall Glade.

Yes, this sucks.

Dennis F. Heffernan EQ: Venture Fletcher(E'ci) dfra...@email.com
Montclair State U #include <disclaim.h> ICQ:9154048 CompSci/Philosophy
"There's no easy way to be free."
-- Pete Townshend, "Slip Kid"

Sean

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Make a friend with one who has teleport. Send him/her back to Surefall to
buy it for you. I know, this is reaqching a bit, but I'm just trying to be
constructive. ;)

When I was in Freeport, there was someone kind enough to summon arrows for
me. Auction to see if anyone is looking to practice their summon skills.
Make sure you put them in the bank before you camp. The arrows will
disappear otherwise.

Abort the Insane

Dennis Francis Heffernan <dfra...@email.com> wrote in message

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:04:28 GMT, "Sean" <ab...@slapstick.net> wrote:

|Make a friend with one who has teleport. Send him/her back to Surefall to
|buy it for you. I know, this is reaqching a bit, but I'm just trying to be
|constructive. ;)

There are no convenient teleport destinations near Qeynos. You'd do
better to teleport to Greater Faydark, but prices are higher there.

|When I was in Freeport, there was someone kind enough to summon arrows for
|me. Auction to see if anyone is looking to practice their summon skills.

I've never found a Magician high enough to cast Summon Arrows who could be
bothered to do so. I'm sure they exist but they seem to be pretty rare.

jason

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
The little voices told Desdinova <abu...@rcn.com> to say:
> "mark" <gi...@dial.pipex.com> sez:

>>I have found the nooks for sale at the hidden inn in East Commons, but does
>>anyone know where I can get the shafts and other bits. I want to get them
>>in antonica if at all possible.

> There are only two places in the entire game where you can get
> arrow-making components: Kelethin and Surefall Glade.

I thought one of the huts in the East Commonlands (I seem to
remember it being the furthest west cluster of huts) had a merchant who
sold arrow pieces. I'll see if I can go find that tonight.

Jay
Yehleka, Lvl 9 wood elf ranger, F.R.
...and many others

Kyle

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Umm actually your wrong. Another spot is in East Commons, and is in a
building, and in in the northern half of zone. Anymore detail would be
a spoiler and I do not do spoilers.

Kailere Drowsbane of Veeshan
Paladin of 31 Summers

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:59:56 GMT, abu...@rcn.com (Desdinova) wrote:

>"mark" <gi...@dial.pipex.com> sez:
>
>>I have found the nooks for sale at the hidden inn in East Commons, but does
>>anyone know where I can get the shafts and other bits. I want to get them
>>in antonica if at all possible.
>
> There are only two places in the entire game where you can get
>arrow-making components: Kelethin and Surefall Glade.

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:33:51 GMT, kyle...@nospam.fuse.net (Kyle) wrote:

|Umm actually your wrong. Another spot is in East Commons, and is in a
|building, and in in the northern half of zone. Anymore detail would be
|a spoiler and I do not do spoilers.

They don't have all the parts, just nocks and kits. No shafts, no
fletches and no points.

Jim Williams

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
There's a place in Kithicor that has some arrow parts, but I can't recall
which. It might work with the one in e commons for making arrowz.

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:41:21 -0500, "Jim Williams" <am...@ionet.net> wrote:

|There's a place in Kithicor that has some arrow parts, but I can't recall
|which. It might work with the one in e commons for making arrowz.

It's near the Highpass Hold entrance, and it doesn't.

The landscape is littered with "fletching vendors" who only have nocks and
kits. It's extremely frustrating, espcially for the evil races.

Desdinova

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
jason <ja...@dhp.com> sez:

> I thought one of the huts in the East Commonlands (I seem to
>remember it being the furthest west cluster of huts) had a merchant who
>sold arrow pieces. I'll see if I can go find that tonight.

The vendor you're thinking of is what we Fletchers derisively refer
to as a "nock vendor". Whichever verant employee came up with the idea of
having a vendor that sells only nocks should be taken out and beaten. The
only use that a nock vendor has is (A) They sell the fletching kits (which
you can't get off the vendors of either fletching or bowyering components);
and (B) they sell cheap arrows for those who have bows but no access to
fletching materials.

Desdinova

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
kyle...@nospam.fuse.net (Kyle) sez:

>Umm actually your wrong. Another spot is in East Commons, and is in a
>building, and in in the northern half of zone. Anymore detail would be
>a spoiler and I do not do spoilers.

No, I'm not wrong.

Trust me. I moderate the Fletching message board on Stratics.
This is a frequently axed question in that board. The vendor you're
talking about is between the two orc camps on the far northwestern portion
of the East Commonlands zone. That's the only vendor near Freeport that
sells anything even vaguely resembling fletching components.

Repeat after me: There are only TWO vendors in ALL of Norrath who
sell the FULL range of arrow-making components. There are Lots(tm) of
vendors who sell nocks, kits, and a few other archery supplies, but the
items that they sell do NOT constitute the full range of fletching
equipment.

To make an arrow, you must have an arrowpoint, a shaft, a
fletch/vane, and a nock. Once again, repeat after me: There are only TWO
merchants in ALL of Norrath who sell arrowpoints, shafts, and
fletchs/vanes. One is in Surefall Glade. The other is in Kelethin.

Fletchers from every server, from level 1 to level 50, have scoured
the lands looking for other vendors that sell the full range of arrowmaking
components. Currently, there ain't any. Maybe we'll get lucky and Verant
will put another fletching vendor or two elsewhere on the map. But until
then there are only (choral response) TWO vendors in ALL of Norrath who
sell the FULL range of arrow-making components.

This has been a public service announcement.

Jim Williams

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
I noticed in Surefall, the fletching vendor had both fletches and vanes..
what're the vanes for? What affect do they have on arrows, do you know?

Desdinova

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
"Jim Williams" <am...@ionet.net> sez:

>I noticed in Surefall, the fletching vendor had both fletches and vanes..
>what're the vanes for? What affect do they have on arrows, do you know?

Advanced form of fletch. Use them *instead of* round, parabolic,
or shield cut fletches.

Kyle

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
I stand corrected. After checking last night, I see that the shafts I
saw there must have been sold by someone. Because they were not a
usual load.