Magical Weapons...Where do I get one?

Jabba

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
I am a level 8 warrior, and I think it's about time I went after a Magical
Sword or something. Is there a place I can got to get one, or a quest I can
go on.
I heard Runnyeye is quite good, but it's 20th Level gobbos to get anything
good.
Anyway, let me know if you can help.

Kerry Jane

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Jabba wrote:
>I am a level 8 warrior, and I think it's about time I went
>after a Magical Sword or something. Is there a place I
>can got to get one, or a quest I can go on.

Yes, it's called the Quest of the Buying of the Mino Axe. If you listen to
/auctions ... people sell Mino axes for approximately 5-10 pps quite often.
Either that, or save up approximately 60 plat for a Combine sword, that can
be purchased at the gypsy camps.

>I heard Runnyeye is quite good, but it's 20th Level gobbos
>to get anything good.

Higher than that, I think.

KJ.

Mr. Mojo

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
What are you fighting at level 8 that needs a magic weapon to be hit? And
please tell what magic weapon in runneye you think you can get. (If he says
BIBS i'll scream, I mean it.)
--
Mr. Mojo

"And a thousand thousand slimy things Lived on;
and so did I."

Jabba wrote in message <37937...@news1.mcmail.com>...

>I am a level 8 warrior, and I think it's about time I went after a Magical
>Sword or something. Is there a place I can got to get one, or a quest I can
>go on.

>I heard Runnyeye is quite good, but it's 20th Level gobbos to get anything
>good.

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:06:10 -0700, "Kerry Jane" <4kerr...@geocities.com>
wrote:

|Jabba wrote:
|>I am a level 8 warrior, and I think it's about time I went
|>after a Magical Sword or something. Is there a place I
|>can got to get one, or a quest I can go on.
|

|Yes, it's called the Quest of the Buying of the Mino Axe. If you listen to
|/auctions ... people sell Mino axes for approximately 5-10 pps quite often.
|Either that, or save up approximately 60 plat for a Combine sword, that can
|be purchased at the gypsy camps.

Minotaur Axes are not magic weapons.

Dennis F. Heffernan EQ: Venture (E'ci) dfra...@email.com
Montclair State U #include <disclaim.h> ICQ:9154048 CompSci/Philosophy
"There's no easy way to be free."
-- Pete Townshend, "Slip Kid"

Kerry Jane

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Dennis Francis Heffernan wrote

> Minotaur Axes are not magic weapons.

You are sure? I could have sworn we were told we could hit wisps with
them...

KJ.

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:16:21 -0700, "Kerry Jane" <4kerr...@geocities.com>
wrote:

|Dennis Francis Heffernan wrote

Quite sure...believe me, I'd have been out whacking Wisps a lot sooner if
they were.

ClayPigeon

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Not magical. My warrior friend makes a lovely "whump" sound when he hits
ghouls with a mino. Followed by the obligatory "INVULNERABLE" message being
printed on the screen. I'd assume wisps are the same.

For the original poster, the correct quest is for 50+ plat to buy a combine
longsword from the gypsy camp in N. Karana.

CP

Kerry Jane <4kerr...@geocities.com> wrote in message
<5CMk3.1263$HU.5...@news.uswest.net>...

>Dennis Francis Heffernan wrote
>> Minotaur Axes are not magic weapons.
>
>You are sure? I could have sworn we were told we could hit wisps with
>them...
>

>KJ.

Kerry Jane

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
ClayPigeon wrote:
>For the original poster, the correct quest is for 50+
>plat to buy a combine longsword from the gypsy
>camp in N. Karana.

Oh well. That quest is *so much more fun* anyway. ;)

There are other gypsy camps, too.. not just the one in NK, in case the other
poster is somewhere far away. However, the one in NK is the safest.
Course, back when we bought *my* combine long sword, there were hill giants
abound... now they are, well, not there.

KJ.

Cpl. Punishment

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
I have one, and no, it doesn't work on wisps, ghouls, etc.

Zyladmyr
Rodcet Nife

Sam Schlansky

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
4kerr...@geocities.com (Kerry Jane) wrote in
<5CMk3.1263$HU.5...@news.uswest.net>:

>Dennis Francis Heffernan wrote
>> Minotaur Axes are not magic weapons.
>
>You are sure? I could have sworn we were told we could hit wisps with
>them...

Positive.

After all, it'd be ridiculous to have a weapon so easily obtainable that
could hit magic, right? I mean, everyone would have one!

Like the Dragoon Dirk.

Bah. I remember back when I *had* to buy a combine weapon to hit magic; now
everybody is just getting a dirk. You kids have it so easy... :)

Sam

--

/| Sam Schlansky <sam[at]operation3d[dot]com>
/| PGP Key ID: 0x63A9D707

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:47:33 -0700, "Kerry Jane" <4kerr...@geocities.com>
wrote:

|There are other gypsy camps, too.. not just the one in NK, in case the other

|poster is somewhere far away. However, the one in NK is the safest.
|Course, back when we bought *my* combine long sword, there were hill giants
|abound... now they are, well, not there.

Oh, they're there; they just seemed more omnipresent when they were the
hunters and not the hunted.

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
On 19 Jul 1999 16:56:06 -0500, s...@deletethis.operation3d.com (Sam Schlansky)
wrote:

|4kerr...@geocities.com (Kerry Jane) wrote in
|<5CMk3.1263$HU.5...@news.uswest.net>:
|
|>Dennis Francis Heffernan wrote
|>> Minotaur Axes are not magic weapons.
|>
|>You are sure? I could have sworn we were told we could hit wisps with
|>them...
|
|Positive.
|
|After all, it'd be ridiculous to have a weapon so easily obtainable that
|could hit magic, right? I mean, everyone would have one!
|
|Like the Dragoon Dirk.

How about like a summoned dagger, available to all newbie Magicians?

Really now.

Roadkill[PCR]

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
> Minotaur Axes are not magic weapons.

Magically cheap... hehehehe... but that's it.

Goonboy

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:06:10 -0700, "Kerry Jane"
<4kerr...@geocities.com> wrote:

Ignore that post.

Mino axes are not magical and cannot hit a creature that requires
magic weapons such as a wisp.

You can complete a few quests for magical items. The easiest to get
are blunt it seems.

Buying a weapon is a good investment though. You can buy a combine
long sword from the gypsies for around 50 to 60 plat depending on your
charisma. You can also look for magic weapons being auctions and they
are often cheaper. A tentacle whip for instance goes for 25 to 40
depending on the seller. It is lower damage ratio thn a sword but it
can get you started.

Check out one of the EQ sites like Eqlizer which has info on a number
of quests. One of these is for a bloodforge hammer. This quest can
be completed by a small pary of 8th levelers if they are careful. It
yields a magic 2 handed hammer with stats 13 damage, 50 delay, +10
save magic. Other quests vary in their difficulty and reward.

Good luck to you.

-G

>Jabba wrote:
>>I am a level 8 warrior, and I think it's about time I went
>>after a Magical Sword or something. Is there a place I
>>can got to get one, or a quest I can go on.
>
>Yes, it's called the Quest of the Buying of the Mino Axe. If you listen to
>/auctions ... people sell Mino axes for approximately 5-10 pps quite often.
>Either that, or save up approximately 60 plat for a Combine sword, that can
>be purchased at the gypsy camps.
>

>>I heard Runnyeye is quite good, but it's 20th Level gobbos
>>to get anything good.

Dolm

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99

Kerry Jane wrote:

> Dennis Francis Heffernan wrote

> > Minotaur Axes are not magic weapons.
>

> You are sure? I could have sworn we were told we could hit wisps with
> them...
>

> KJ.

I found this out first hand with my dwarf warrior a couple of months
ago.

"Ohhh a wisp! A lightstone maybe! I'll kill it with this Mino axe!"

I spent the next few minutes running around with a wisp smacking me as I
looked for a caster to kill the thing heh.

Anyway, to answer the original poster, you don't need a magical weapon
at 8th level. A mino axe is perfect for you at this level (8 to 13).
After that, start saving up for a combine weapon.

If you need a weapon just to hunt wisps, ask a mid-level Magician to
summon you a magical weapon (it lasts until you camp -- and you may be
able to keep it indefinately if you put it in a container in the bank).
They can summon fangs (pircing), Staff of Warding (don't use Staff of
Tracing it won't hit a wisp), and higher level Mages can get you a
magical sword.

-- Dolm

Ravice

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
No, you can not Hit wisps with it.
No, it is not magical.

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:16:21 -0700, "Kerry Jane"

Morgan

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
Kerry Jane wrote:

> Dennis Francis Heffernan wrote
> > Minotaur Axes are not magic weapons.
>
> You are sure? I could have sworn we were told we could hit wisps with
> them...
>
> KJ.

Don't you think we would have said, "Why don't you just spend 4pp on
a minotaur axe instead of 60 on that combine sword to hunt wisps" if
they were magical? We are your friends here. ;)

--
Morgan