Gone overboard with the nerfing! Few things I noticed right away.

1 view

Xemn

Sep 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/14/99
They went a little overboard on the nerfing this time! Since I first
logged in after yesterday's VERY long patch I noticed some problems with
my inventory right away. I swear they are making changes to the game
without any thought at all. Just pointing here and there saying “nerf
that, and nerf that too. Ah, what the hell, nerf that.” And note this is
just MY inventory. Who knows what else they changed. There have to be
some tremendous morons over there at Verant to come up with the changes
I listed here.

Mystic Doll (now a NO DROP item)

This is a stupid trivial item that I now have to carry with me
everywhere I go. Are Mystic Dolls really so exploited they need to be No
Drop? I like to keep my Charisma gear in the bank till I need it, thank
you.
Medal of Merit (now a NO DROP item)

Why is this now NO DROP!? The only reason to get this thing over an
Order of Thunder is that it is NO DROP. I don’t exactly see a huge
market for these things. Now why the hell would anyone work to get a
Medal of Merit when they can simply go into the sewer and kill Drosco
the zombie and get an Order of Thunder? (which has also been nerfed, see
below)
Koalindl Fish (now a NO DROP item)
Erudins Tonic (now a NO DROP item)

Dang, wish I traded these out of my inventory before the patch. I can
actually see the reason behind making these NO DROP with the 5,000
Glowing Steins all over the place. Not bitching about this one, just
pointing out a change.
Box of Abu-kar (now only reduces 10% weight instead of all of it)

No! NOOOOOO!!! My Box of Abu-kar is now worse then my Shralok Pack! I
traded 1,000 Plat and a Ghuolsbane for my Box of Abu-kar! THIS CAN'T
HAPPEN TO ME!!!!!!!!! Verant - You Bastards!!! What the hell do you
think you're doing making such a nerf!?!?!?!? I HOPE YOU ALL ROT IN
HELL!
Order of Thunder (used to have a AC:2, was removed)
What the?? What happened to the +2 AC on my Order of Thunder!? Stop...
nerfing... the ITEMS!!!
Anyways, this would be the item to get if you are looking for charisma
gear now. Medal of Merit and Order of Thunder are pretty much the exact
same item now that you can’t put either one of them in the bank.

Here's an idea.... (AND READ THIS VERANT)

Why don’t you make NO DROP items able to go in the bank? This is one
thing I never understood. I can understand not wanting certain items
dropped/traded/sold, but why the hell are we forced to carry it around
with us wherever we go! Being NO DROP in the bank and being NO DROP in
your inventory are one and the same, it’s not going anywhere!

HappyRon

Sep 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/14/99
> Here's an idea.... (AND READ THIS VERANT)
>
> Why don't you make NO DROP items able to go in the bank? This is one
> thing I never understood. I can understand not wanting certain items
> dropped/traded/sold, but why the hell are we forced to carry it around
> with us wherever we go! Being NO DROP in the bank and being NO DROP in
> your inventory are one and the same, it's not going anywhere!

Got to agree.

I have 1 ogre head for the Butchersblock quest and need another.

If I could put it in the bank I would leave it there and maybe finish the
quest when I bumped in to the other one. As it is I now have to either carry
the thing around or destroy it.

Guess what it turned me into a camper for the other one.

I thought you were trying to get us away from the camper mentality?

HappyRon