Log Parser 0.8 now available

1 view

jo...@cws.org

Jul 13, 2001, 3:35:48 PM7/13/01
It's Friday the 13th, what better day to release a new version?

http://www.cws.org/~pasketti

The change most people will notice is that it now understands the new
level-up message.

I've also added a new Loot by Zone report, and a Faction by Zone report,
along with a few minor bug fixes.

Enjoy!
Joe D

Changes:
** Data file format has changed **
** Data files will need to be recreated **
** You DID keep the logs to do this, right? **

List last seen time for players and guilds.
Tracks damage taken from spells. Note: can only track this from logs made
after the 17 APR 2001 patch.
Added faction by zone report, so you can see what zones to go to for faction
work.
Fixed problem with non-friends getting added to friends list.
Eliminated some crufty and unneeded code that would cause the program to
blow up if a large number of log files were selected.
All "Troubadors" now lumped into "Troubadour".
Zone times over 3 minutes long will no longer be counted in zone time stats,
in case you go linkdead while zoning.
New "allied" faction reported correctly.
Added loot by zone report.
Fixed bug where reports were being saved in HTML format even when text
format was selected.
Understands new level up message.
Added "Maxed?" column to faction report to let you know if it's the
best/worst possible faction.
Understands new corrected sneak failure message.

--
Good thing the election is over.
Now the Illuminati can get back to business.

Jeff Lanham

Jul 13, 2001, 3:57:48 PM7/13/01
<jo...@cws.org> wrote in message news:o4I37.36744$rh.7...@news6.giganews.com...

> It's Friday the 13th, what better day to release a new version?
>
> http://www.cws.org/~pasketti

*snip wonderful news*
Many Kudos and Thanks, Joe!
You're a gnome's gnome.
I'd offer up my first born in tribute to you, but I don't have any.
You can have my stepson's girlfriend, though.
I get to keep the granddaughter.

jaZZmanian Devil

Jul 16, 2001, 7:03:52 AM7/16/01
jo...@cws.org wrote:

> It's Friday the 13th, what better day to release a new version?
>
> http://www.cws.org/~pasketti

Joe,
This weekend was the first time I ever downloaded your programs. I just have
to say, nice job. That must have been a lot of work, but these applications are
really useful and the user interface is smooth as glass. Also loved your web
pages. :-)
--
Jakugg Blackheart, Troll Warrior of 41 Campaigns
a.k.a.

Orlun

Jul 16, 2001, 1:39:05 PM7/16/01
I also must congratulate you on this fine program. I have been using an
older version but will be upgrading tonight. One question I'm curious on
(cant wait to see) is if the print function has been implimented. I have
been manually copying my skill levels into my small notebook for in-game
reference and would love to have this printed out.

thanks

Orlun, 39th Rogue of Xev

Dalavidu

Jul 16, 2001, 4:50:15 PM7/16/01
The parser is an amazing program and I'm grateful that this most Gnomish of
Gnomes has made it available to the rest of us at such a reasonable price!

I will upgrade immediately.

A feature I would like to see--being that I'm a Mage that solos with my Pet
most of the time--is a read-out of my Pet...her damage done, taken, spells,
etc.

Thanks, Joe

Dalavidu, Hands of Mercy
Mage 16th

Sim Pilot

Jul 16, 2001, 9:10:29 PM7/16/01
What exactly does this program do? I've heard some folks in my guild
rave about it. Thanks a ton!

Sim Pilot
EQ addict. Level 35 Ranger
Vigilantes of Virtue

Richard Burge

Jul 17, 2001, 4:07:42 PM7/17/01
Orlun <brin...@qwest.net> wrote:

> I also must congratulate you on this fine program. I have been using an
> older version but will be upgrading tonight. One question I'm curious on
> (cant wait to see) is if the print function has been implimented. I have
> been manually copying my skill levels into my small notebook for in-game
> reference and would love to have this printed out.

It would appear to have been implemented:

EQLog - EQ Log File Parser 0.8 - July 13th, 2001
Features:

Tracks faction, skill increases, mobs fought, damage taken, damage
dealt, spells, merchants and their wares, players, zones, and other
stuff

Tracks many statistics by level, so you can see how you improve

You can set benchmarks while playing, making it easier to compare
weapons, check the effects of stat values, etc

It's fast

Small size

Doesn't splatter DLLs all over the place

Can handle multiple log files, of any size

**** You can print the information for later perusal, as well as save it
to a text file for importing into other programs. ****

You can save the reports in HTML format, for uploading to a web page.

valadriel

Jul 17, 2001, 8:03:02 AM7/17/01
jo...@cws.org wrote in message news:<o4I37.36744$rh.7...@news6.giganews.com>...
> It's Friday the 13th, what better day to release a new version?
snip
> http://www.cws.org/~pasketti

Thanks as usual Joe. great program, I look upon it as my personal trainer :)

Orlun

Jul 17, 2001, 9:16:22 AM7/17/01
got it downloaded last night...

Wow! nice job

Richard Burge wrote in message
<1ewost4.16m5uer1qvmag5N%rb_u...@blueyonder.co.uk>...

Joe D

Jul 17, 2001, 12:18:12 PM7/17/01
Dalavidu <da...@madbbs.com> wrote:
> A feature I would like to see--being that I'm a Mage that solos with my Pet
> most of the time--is a read-out of my Pet...her damage done, taken, spells,
> etc.

It does that, too. But you have to do a "/pet who leader" so that the
program will know who your pet is. You also have to turn others hits and
misses on.

Joe D
--
It was a ... Hmmmmmmmm!

Dalavidu

Jul 17, 2001, 2:55:16 PM7/17/01
The Gnome comes through again!

My thanks! (Ellie thanks you too!)

Dalavidu, Hands of Mercy
Mage 16th

"Joe D" <jo...@cws.org> wrote in message

Busker/Lannella

Jul 17, 2001, 9:10:37 PM7/17/01
Can someone re-post the URL?

"Richard Burge" <rb_u...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

ChriS2000

Jul 18, 2001, 5:40:56 AM7/18/01
How about an inventory logger ?
Is there any way to know what you are carrying and what you have equipped at
the moment ?

--
___
chri...@galactica.it

Hendrik Becker

Jul 18, 2001, 9:01:45 AM7/18/01

ChriS2000 schrieb in Nachricht <1Rc57.2324$sE4....@news6.giganews.com>...

>How about an inventory logger ?
>Is there any way to know what you are carrying and what you have equipped
at
>the moment ?
That information is stored on the server's side, so I dont think there is a
way to do that except picking up good old paper and pencil again :-)

Joe D

Jul 24, 2001, 10:24:07 AM7/24/01
ChriS2000 <chri...@galactica.it> wrote:
> How about an inventory logger ?
> Is there any way to know what you are carrying and what you have equipped at
> the moment ?

If it doesn't get written to the log file, it can't be tracked by the
program.

Joe D
--
If one falls on you
we just carve your name onto it

Joe D

Jul 24, 2001, 10:26:27 AM7/24/01

A followup.

It was pointed out that Verant changed the response that pets give to the
"/pet who leader" command, so that the logger will no longer detect it.

Fortunately, there is a workaround.

Target the pet, and type "/say track damage for %T"

I'll fix this in the next release.

Joe D
--
Everything is controlled by a small, evil group-
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.

evilsofa

Jul 24, 2001, 8:27:34 PM7/24/01
In article <byf77.22048$sE4.4...@news6.giganews.com>,
Joe D <jo...@cws.org> wrote:

I'm just curious, Joe D, about how Log Parser tracks PVP kills on, say,
Sullon Vek. (Nope, I haven't gottem up to PVP level there yet so I
couldn't tell you what it looks like...)

--
"Atrocity is recognized as such by victim and perpetrator alike, by all
who learn about it at whatever remove. Atrocity has no excuses, no

Joe D

Jul 25, 2001, 12:15:06 PM7/25/01
evilsofa <res0...@verizon.remove_this_part.net.invalid> wrote:
> In article <byf77.22048$sE4.4...@news6.giganews.com>,
> Joe D <jo...@cws.org> wrote:

> I'm just curious, Joe D, about how Log Parser tracks PVP kills on, say,
> Sullon Vek. (Nope, I haven't gottem up to PVP level there yet so I
> couldn't tell you what it looks like...)

No idea. I don't play on a PvP server. I also haven't gotten any negative
feedback from those that do, so in the absence of any reports to the
contrary, I'm concluding that it works ok.

Joe D
--
Why be normal?