Amazing Kunark Loot

JackiePrice

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?

Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire stuff) I think
I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me drool.

(We were previously lamenting the lack of good 2h weapons for rangers. Look
again...)

2h Slashers:

Runic Carver: 18/37 (slightly better than GZ, easier to get, Warrior,
Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight)

Swarmcaller: 29/41, effect: Tagar's Insects (Ranger only, WOW! Not
particularly hard to get either)

1h Slashers:

Sword Breaker: 9/20, AC10. Nodrop, magic. (Bard, Ranger, Rogue, Warrior,
again WOW! Rangers, can you say Briarzephwho?)

Bards take a look at:
Symphonic Saber: 11/23, +10 cha, +5 int, effect: Symphonic Harmony (whatever
that is). Sounds interesting.

1h Blunts:

Lots of crappy, but very light 1h blunt weapons good for monks to practice
with. Also, monks take note of the monk only

Master Wu's Trance Stick: 7/18, effect: Smite (I imagine this effect goes
off a lot at that delay, a great practice weapon too.)

Jade Mace: 9/18, wt 2.1 (Brd, Cle, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rog, Shd, Shm, War) With
the magic number taken into account, this is better than whitened Treant
fists...

Peircing:

Iksar Phalange: 3/24, range 40 (unremarkable in every way, except that it
can be foraged???)

Sainey's Singing Dagger: 7/22, Effect: Symphonic Harmony (bard only...gotta
find out what that symphonic harmony is)

Viik's Dark Defender: 7/20, AC 10, Warrior Only

Locustlure: 8/17, effect: walking sleep. (Rogue Only --Wow again!)

Jade Chokidai Prod: 11/30, +3 sta, +6 wis, (Brd, Rng, Rog, Shd, Shm,
War--this one is going to be too popular to get...rogues and shamen fighting
over it...and maybe some others too)

Jarsath Trident: 11/22, +5 str/sta, -5 dex/agi. (warrior only...wow)

Howling Harpoon: 13/35, +6 wis, +40 mana (shaman only...wow again--why do I
think Karnor's Castle will be crowded?)

Armor Items:

Jarsath Scale Chestplate AC 20, +5 dex, +10 hp, wt 0.8, Clr, Pal, Shd, Shm,
War.

Tree Weave: AC 25, +10 Str, wt. 12
Brd, Clr, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rng, Rog, Shd, Shm, War

Earring of Grachnist: AC 5, +2 str, +10 hp, all/all

Cobalt Boots: AC 25, effect: Strength of the Kunzar (+25 buff, unlimited
charges). Warrior only.

Gem Encrusted Ring: AC 10, +7 str. (random drop off any mountain giant)

Jarsath Scale Gauntlets: AC 10, +20 hp, +20 mana
Clr, Pal, Shd, Shm, War

Cobalt Gauntlets: AC 25, Effect: Reckless Strength (unlimited charges).
Warrior only.

(Next for you Shamen)
Jarsath Scale Helm: AC 10, +2 wis, +2 int, +6 magic
Clr, Pal, Shd, Shm, War

Okay, I'm impressed. Now I need my RoK CD...

Adar

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
Comments below: some new stuff added to the list, keep an eye out.

> Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire stuff) I think
> I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me drool.
>
> (We were previously lamenting the lack of good 2h weapons for rangers.
Look
> again...)
>
> 2h Slashers:
>
> Runic Carver: 18/37 (slightly better than GZ, easier to get, Warrior,
> Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight)
>
> Swarmcaller: 29/41, effect: Tagar's Insects (Ranger only, WOW! Not
> particularly hard to get either)

Swarmcaller= insane. This is the best 2 hander in the game, BY FAR better
than FA. Actually, this makes FA look like Suckfire.

> 1h Slashers:
>
> Sword Breaker: 9/20, AC10. Nodrop, magic. (Bard, Ranger, Rogue,
Warrior,
> again WOW! Rangers, can you say Briarzephwho?)

***Not*** lore, and, in the foreseeable future, not going to bards or, most
likely, rogues (who have plenty of drops elsewhere in the castle.) This
sucker is ranger/warrior only...and OMG, are warriors gonna love this.

> Bards take a look at:
> Symphonic Saber: 11/23, +10 cha, +5 int, effect: Symphonic Harmony
(whatever
> that is). Sounds interesting.
>
> 1h Blunts:
>
> Lots of crappy, but very light 1h blunt weapons good for monks to practice
> with. Also, monks take note of the monk only
>
> Master Wu's Trance Stick: 7/18, effect: Smite (I imagine this effect goes
> off a lot at that delay, a great practice weapon too.)
>
> Jade Mace: 9/18, wt 2.1 (Brd, Cle, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rog, Shd, Shm, War)
With
> the magic number taken into account, this is better than whitened Treant
> fists...

By far.

> Peircing:
>
> Iksar Phalange: 3/24, range 40 (unremarkable in every way, except that it
> can be foraged???)
>
> Sainey's Singing Dagger: 7/22, Effect: Symphonic Harmony (bard
only...gotta
> find out what that symphonic harmony is)
>
> Viik's Dark Defender: 7/20, AC 10, Warrior Only
>
> Locustlure: 8/17, effect: walking sleep. (Rogue Only --Wow again!)
>
> Jade Chokidai Prod: 11/30, +3 sta, +6 wis, (Brd, Rng, Rog, Shd, Shm,
> War--this one is going to be too popular to get...rogues and shamen
fighting
> over it...and maybe some others too)
>
> Jarsath Trident: 11/22, +5 str/sta, -5 dex/agi. (warrior only...wow)
>
> Howling Harpoon: 13/35, +6 wis, +40 mana (shaman only...wow again--why do
> think Karnor's Castle will be crowded?)

Add a 10 31 trident that procs Ice Strike (don't know classes, sorry), and a
ton of other similar gear. There's a lot of weapons with lousy ratios and
great procs, even a 6 39 Ykesha.

> Armor Items:
>
> Jarsath Scale Chestplate AC 20, +5 dex, +10 hp, wt 0.8, Clr, Pal, Shd,
Shm,
> War.
>
> Tree Weave: AC 25, +10 Str, wt. 12
> Brd, Clr, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rng, Rog, Shd, Shm, War
>
> Earring of Grachnist: AC 5, +2 str, +10 hp, all/all
>
> Cobalt Boots: AC 25, effect: Strength of the Kunzar (+25 buff, unlimited
> charges). Warrior only.
>
> Gem Encrusted Ring: AC 10, +7 str. (random drop off any mountain giant)
>
> Jarsath Scale Gauntlets: AC 10, +20 hp, +20 mana
> Clr, Pal, Shd, Shm, War
>
> Cobalt Gauntlets: AC 25, Effect: Reckless Strength (unlimited charges).
> Warrior only.
>
> (Next for you Shamen)
> Jarsath Scale Helm: AC 10, +2 wis, +2 int, +6 magic
> Clr, Pal, Shd, Shm, War

Plus five magic, actually. It's also nodrop.

You also missed some nodrop 5 AC earrings off some Sarnak or other, a nice
healer GBS offhand equivalent (5 wis, 40 mana, something or other, nodrop),
and a set of AWESOME low level druid sleeves (AC 8, double-cast-time
unlimited charges Drones of Doom, *not* nodrop.)

But you haven't seen the REAL items yet. Let me clue you in:

Cleric chestplate from Karnak= (mind blowing spoiler ahead)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
40 AC, double-cast-time Effect: Complete Heal.

(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...)

Oh, and each class armor piece from Karnak has a (2x cast time) right click
effect. My bet on the warrior version of the chestpiece is 50-60 AC,
Effect:Avatar :)

Brudo (E'ci)
Loredaeron (E'ci)

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:54:19 GMT, "JackiePrice" <nos...@NOSPAM.ca> wrote:

|Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?

We haven't seen what the casters are getting yet.

|Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire stuff) I think
|I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me drool.

'Easy to acquire' has to be taken in relative terms...CD or no, I can't
get this stuff.

It's still early. I have complete faith in Verant's ability to screw over
the fighters.

Dennis F. Heffernan EQ: Venture Fletcher(E'ci) dfra...@email.com
Montclair State U #include <disclaim.h> ICQ:9154048 CompSci/Philosophy
"You bitch about the present and blame it on the past/I'd like to find your
Inner Child and kick its little ass!" -- D. Henley & G. Fry, "Get Over It"

Sam Schlansky

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
nos...@NOSPAM.ca (JackiePrice) wrote in
<LeqN4.78315$2D6.1...@news20.bellglobal.com>:

>Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?
>

>Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire stuff)
>I think I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me drool.

Yeah. AMAZING items in Kunark so far. After shit like Paw, I'm really
impressed.

(snip)

>Swarmcaller: 29/41, effect: Tagar's Insects (Ranger only, WOW!
>Not particularly hard to get either)

By far the most useful proc on any weapon in the entire game, period.
By FAR.

I mean, nothing even comes close. If it was a 9/18 one-handed
slasher, I'd be happy to see it as a Sky quest reward!

>1h Slashers:
>
>Sword Breaker: 9/20, AC10. Nodrop, magic. (Bard, Ranger, Rogue,
>Warrior, again WOW! Rangers, can you say Briarzephwho?)

Again, an amazing weapon for the off-hand.

>Bards take a look at:
>Symphonic Saber: 11/23, +10 cha, +5 int, effect: Symphonic Harmony
>(whatever that is). Sounds interesting.

Nobody knows what that does... the spdat has no (decoded) info
either. Maybe it turns on the "instrument" flag for the bard?

>1h Blunts:
>
>Lots of crappy, but very light 1h blunt weapons good for monks to
>practice with. Also, monks take note of the monk only
>
>Master Wu's Trance Stick: 7/18, effect: Smite (I imagine this
>effect goes off a lot at that delay, a great practice weapon too.)
>
>Jade Mace: 9/18, wt 2.1 (Brd, Cle, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rog, Shd, Shm,
>War) With the magic number taken into account, this is better
>than whitened Treant fists...

It's MUCH better than whitened treant fists. There's no comparison. A
bit heavy for a monk, but I'm sure they'll make do. :)

(snip)

>Viik's Dark Defender: 7/20, AC 10, Warrior Only

Not as good as Sword Breaker, but badass nevertheless for heavy
tanks.

>Locustlure: 8/17, effect: walking sleep. (Rogue Only --Wow
>again!)

A great off-hand weapon for rogues.

>Jade Chokidai Prod: 11/30, +3 sta, +6 wis, (Brd, Rng, Rog, Shd,
>Shm, War--this one is going to be too popular to get...rogues and
>shamen fighting over it...and maybe some others too)

Nobody but a rogue or a shaman should get this weapon.

>Jarsath Trident: 11/22, +5 str/sta, -5 dex/agi. (warrior
>only...wow)

If I saw this one a week ago, I'd be drooling... now.... pffft. :)

>Howling Harpoon: 13/35, +6 wis, +40 mana (shaman only...wow
>again--why do I think Karnor's Castle will be crowded?)

Yep, real nice one!

>Armor Items:
>
>Jarsath Scale Chestplate AC 20, +5 dex, +10 hp, wt 0.8, Clr, Pal,
>Shd, Shm, War.

All of the jarsath scale items give steel plate or slightly better
than steel plate armorclass, look like chainmail, and give minor stat
bonuses. They're obviously meant for iksar to wear, but in some cases
(not this piece) they're decent for other races.

>Tree Weave: AC 25, +10 Str, wt. 12
>Brd, Clr, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rng, Rog, Shd, Shm, War

Pity it's so heavy, monks can wear it. This is really a ranger and
rogue item.

>Earring of Grachnist: AC 5, +2 str, +10 hp, all/all

AC5 earring, that works. Nice.

>Cobalt Boots: AC 25, effect: Strength of the Kunzar (+25 buff,
>unlimited charges). Warrior only.

Yep, 25 strength for 36 minutes, nice item. Pity it can't be made to
proc when kicking.

>Gem Encrusted Ring: AC 10, +7 str. (random drop off any mountain
>giant)

Amazing item. Every tank should get one immediately. Pity it's lore.

>Jarsath Scale Gauntlets: AC 10, +20 hp, +20 mana
>Clr, Pal, Shd, Shm, War

These is really a shaman/cleric item, unless you're an iksar. One of
the better Jarsath pieces.

>Cobalt Gauntlets: AC 25, Effect: Reckless Strength (unlimited
>charges). Warrior only.

50 strength for three minutes, then your strength drops below normal.
Why bother, really? Strength doesn't do anything anyway.

>(Next for you Shamen)
>Jarsath Scale Helm: AC 10, +2 wis, +2 int, +6 magic
>Clr, Pal, Shd, Shm, War

This isn't a shaman item, shamen have an AC12 5wis helm in totemic.
It's a cleric item and a marginal one at that. We got three of em
last night.

Again, it's jarsath... mostly for iksar.

>Okay, I'm impressed. Now I need my RoK CD...

D'oh! :(

Sam

--

/| Sam Schlansky <sam[at]operation3d[dot]com>
/| I speak for myself only unless noted otherwise.

Sam Schlansky

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
dfra...@email.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) wrote in
<asccgs8cfv2r0fqj0...@4ax.com>:

>On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:54:19 GMT, "JackiePrice" <nos...@NOSPAM.ca>
>wrote:
>

>|Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?
>

> We haven't seen what the casters are getting yet.

Caster items historically suck, since there really isn't much we
need. Wooo, another 20 mana and four wisdom, woohoo.

Compare that to a sword that procs FUCKING TAGARS INSECTS. That's
*AMAZINGLY GOOD*. AMAZINGLY.

>|Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire
>|stuff) I think I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me
>|drool.
>

>'Easy to acquire' has to be taken in relative terms...CD or
>no, I can't get this stuff.

Why not? Too low level? Power yourself up, it's easy enough to do.

>It's still early. I have complete faith in Verant's ability
>to screw over the fighters.

Whatever man. You can't complain about these items and their current
drop rate.

I have no doubt that the drop rate will be severely nerfed in the
future, don't get me wrong... but for right now, the items are
AMAZING, and they're possible to get without months of work sitting
in one room staring at the wall.

And that's pretty good if you ask me.

FRED BRIEDEN JR

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
<Jaw drops> damn! Ok...this message was enough to make me go order kunark
today. Thanks for the info 8) Hopefully the delivery takes about 2 weeks so
i can finish school and actually pass.
JackiePrice <nos...@NOSPAM.ca> wrote in message

> [...]
> think Karnor's Castle will be crowded?)
>
> Armor Items:
>
> Jarsath Scale Chestplate AC 20, +5 dex, +10 hp, wt 0.8, Clr, Pal, Shd,
Shm,
> War.
>
> Tree Weave: AC 25, +10 Str, wt. 12
> Brd, Clr, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rng, Rog, Shd, Shm, War
>
> Earring of Grachnist: AC 5, +2 str, +10 hp, all/all
>
> Cobalt Boots: AC 25, effect: Strength of the Kunzar (+25 buff, unlimited
> charges). Warrior only.
>
> Gem Encrusted Ring: AC 10, +7 str. (random drop off any mountain giant)
>
> Jarsath Scale Gauntlets: AC 10, +20 hp, +20 mana
> Clr, Pal, Shd, Shm, War
>
> Cobalt Gauntlets: AC 25, Effect: Reckless Strength (unlimited charges).
> Warrior only.
>
> (Next for you Shamen)
> Jarsath Scale Helm: AC 10, +2 wis, +2 int, +6 magic

danstrad

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00

JackiePrice wrote in message ...

>Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?
>
>Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire stuff) I think
>I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me drool.
>
>(We were previously lamenting the lack of good 2h weapons for rangers. Look
>again...)
>
>2h Slashers:
>
>Runic Carver: 18/37 (slightly better than GZ, easier to get, Warrior,
>Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight)
>
>Swarmcaller: 29/41, effect: Tagar's Insects (Ranger only, WOW! Not
>particularly hard to get either)

What about this one though:

Polyphenomenal Axe- 37(!!!) damage, 48 delay, -10 to all saves. PAL SHD only.

Holy shit, no way is the loss of those saves going to stop anyone from using
this weapon, with a decent haste item this thing would be insane. I see a sudden
drop in interest in the Fiery Avenger.

<snip>

Adar

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00

danstrad <dans...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

Oh yeah, I forgot another weapon in the Kunark 'Big Pile O'Death <TM>' list:

Oggok Cleaver
44 Dam 60 Delay
War SK/All
(no resist negatives)

Needless to say, Cleaver+Berserk+Megahit Discipline= one mob every 30
minutes that has no idea what the license plate number of that truck was...

Matt Frisch

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 01:23:44 GMT, s...@deletethis.operation3d.com (Sam
Schlansky) scribed into the ether:

>dfra...@email.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) wrote in
><asccgs8cfv2r0fqj0...@4ax.com>:
>
>>On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:54:19 GMT, "JackiePrice" <nos...@NOSPAM.ca>
>>wrote:
>>

>>|Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?
>>

>> We haven't seen what the casters are getting yet.
>
>Caster items historically suck, since there really isn't much we
>need. Wooo, another 20 mana and four wisdom, woohoo.
>
>Compare that to a sword that procs FUCKING TAGARS INSECTS. That's
>*AMAZINGLY GOOD*. AMAZINGLY.

Awe inspiringly good. Tagar's is of ENOURMOUS benefit...and having it proc
on a weapon that would be good without the proc? Damn...

>>|Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire
>>|stuff) I think I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me
>>|drool.
>>

>>'Easy to acquire' has to be taken in relative terms...CD or
>>no, I can't get this stuff.
>
>Why not? Too low level? Power yourself up, it's easy enough to do.

C'mon Sam, gimme a break. Dennis has been playing since day 1 and has
barely broken 30th level.

Nightsky

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
Let the farming begin!

Damn, with all this stuff available even to those who did not buy the
expansion, how long will it be before the Uberguilds start farming it all
and shipping it back to the other continents?

"danstrad" <dans...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> JackiePrice wrote in message ...

> >Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?
> >

> >Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire stuff) I
think
> >I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me drool.
> >

> >(We were previously lamenting the lack of good 2h weapons for rangers.
Look
> >again...)
> >
> >2h Slashers:
> >
> >Runic Carver: 18/37 (slightly better than GZ, easier to get, Warrior,
> >Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight)
> >
> >Swarmcaller: 29/41, effect: Tagar's Insects (Ranger only, WOW! Not
> >particularly hard to get either)
>

> What about this one though:
>
> Polyphenomenal Axe- 37(!!!) damage, 48 delay, -10 to all saves. PAL SHD
only.

> Holy shit, no way is the loss of those saves going to stop anyone from
using
> this weapon, with a decent haste item this thing would be insane. I see a
sudden
> drop in interest in the Fiery Avenger.
>

> <snip>

John P. Van Smith

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
> Okay, I'm impressed. Now I need my RoK CD...

Does this mean I am not the only one left out in the cold without the darn cd argh!

Roadkill

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
>Does this mean I am not the only one left out in the cold without the
>darn cd argh!

No. I'm with you for one more day. Mine came yesterday, but I'm always at
work when UPS delivers... so I get to go pick it up today. But they'll
screw it up, and not hold it for me like they usually do I'm sure. So I
might have it tomarrow.

Bashugud

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
wrote:

>Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?

Oh great. Well anyone stubborn enough to still be playing a melee
class had better rush on over and grab some of this stuff while it's
still dropping.

Yes powergamers -- hurry up and grab your stuff before it's nerfed.
Hurry!

Knowing Verant, the better items will be moved to the Plane of Ungodly
Body Odor or someplace else where noone can get them as soon as a
"sufficient" number of power gamers have them.

Just like manastones. Just like rubicite. Just like the
mistwalker. Etc. Etc.

personally I can't be bothered.

Olaf

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
Whoa! Where do the Swarmcaller and Swordbreaker drop?

olaf

JackiePrice <nos...@NOSPAM.ca> wrote in message

> Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?
>

> Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire stuff) I think
> I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me drool.
>
> (We were previously lamenting the lack of good 2h weapons for rangers. Look
> again...)
>
> 2h Slashers:
>
> Runic Carver: 18/37 (slightly better than GZ, easier to get, Warrior,
> Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight)
>
> Swarmcaller: 29/41, effect: Tagar's Insects (Ranger only, WOW! Not
> particularly hard to get either)

Olaf

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
There is a 10/22 1hbash that procs Ykesha too.

olaf

BigTEN

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
Agreed, why do I play a caster?, aside from the obvious bind/gate etc.

We all know of the rare ass Ancient Cyclops in South rho whom drops
the Ring of the Ancients for the famed Jboots quest.

Wondering around this morning with my 35 Wiz I saw the AC from a
distance. When I got there, a Dwarf Paladin was already engaged
and had knocked off roughly 1/4 health. Since I don't care for Verant's
Play Nice policy especially for rare mobs such as this, I started Nuking
with my 34th level Ice shock which does a bit over 300 damage without
full resist. Mind you the Pally was already engaged and had a 1/4 life
head start on me. The Pally was level 44 by the way.

In the end I took his kill, and was overjoyed that I was finally able to get
the Ring of the Ancients.

It was sad that he was 10 levels ahead of me, had a 1/4 health head
start and I still took his kill.

So why play a Tank?

If Verant wants me to Play Nice, they better increase the spawn for
rare mobs such as this, because frankly I and many others will continue
to act as above.

Someone here is bound to call me an ass, but I don't play enough to
wait another month to see the AC again. Frankly I got lucky this
morning, hehe

"Dennis Francis Heffernan" <dfra...@email.com> wrote in message

V Typhus

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
>Cobalt Gauntlets: AC 25, Effect: Reckless Strength (unlimited
>charges). Warrior only.

<<<50 strength for three minutes, then your strength drops below normal.

Why bother, really? Strength doesn't do anything anyway.>>>

Gauntlets with 25 ac, how does that neccesarily suck?

-Ty

Mark Bradshaw

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:40:57 GMT, ba...@gud.com (Bashugud) wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:54:19 GMT, "JackiePrice" <nos...@NOSPAM.ca>
>wrote:
>

>>Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?
>

>Oh great. Well anyone stubborn enough to still be playing a melee
>class had better rush on over and grab some of this stuff while it's
>still dropping.
>
>Yes powergamers -- hurry up and grab your stuff before it's nerfed.
>Hurry!

I swear, they could give every class Ice Comet, and have Hate items
drop off decayed skellys, and people will *still* be pissy.
Christ, man. What's the point if you're never gonna be happy with the
game?

Jeremy Music

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00

Yeah. I never use the charges on my steins either. Still carry them
around. :)

Wyld Knight - wyld.qx.net 3333
http://wyld.qx.net/~rezo
re...@lords.com

bmc...@no.spam.ca

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
>Someone here is bound to call me an ass, but I don't play enough to
>wait another month to see the AC again. Frankly I got lucky this
>morning, hehe

Yea, you are the worst kind of ass. Maybe the Paly doesn't play enough
to wait another month either? Lets see how long you last with that
kind of attitude when you get up in lvl's and start needing others to
save your sorry ass. Its to bad that pricks like you play this game,
your the kind of player that has forced the "play nice" policy on the
rest of us...

- Boone

Chris Hoeh

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
I don't suppose you'd care to tell us your wizard's name/server?

BigTEN <Ill...@msn.com> wrote in message

> Agreed, why do I play a caster?, aside from the obvious bind/gate etc.
>
> We all know of the rare ass Ancient Cyclops in South rho whom drops
> the Ring of the Ancients for the famed Jboots quest.

<Snip trolling KS story>

Matt Frisch

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:27:10 -0500, "BigTEN" <Ill...@msn.com> scribed into
the ether:

>Agreed, why do I play a caster?, aside from the obvious bind/gate etc.

[Snip of asshole killstealing story]

>Someone here is bound to call me an ass, but I don't play enough to
>wait another month to see the AC again. Frankly I got lucky this
>morning, hehe

I won't call you an ass, you are a fucking prick.

I dearly hope that the paladin reported and petitioned you and you get the
boots stripped from you...AFTER you've give over the ring/rapier/gold.

And given to him.

Sang K. Choe

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:11:02 GMT, Dennis Francis Heffernan
<dfra...@email.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:54:19 GMT, "JackiePrice" <nos...@NOSPAM.ca> wrote:
>
>|Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?
>

> We haven't seen what the casters are getting yet.

Well, the only good druid-only item I know of is the Elder
Spiritualist Vambrace. Unlimit charge of Drones of Doom--right click
to trigger it. Now before you go ape shit over this one:

1. You have to wear it to activate it.
2. It has an approximately 9 second casting time (so kiting with this
is not and option).
3. You have to be standing still to cast it--ie., if you're moving,
it interrupts.
4. It doesn't work for anyone less than level 34.

Oh yeah, it's got an AC 8.

There's also a +3 WIS totem that fits in your range slot...

>|Looking at preliminary loot findings (the easier to acquire stuff) I think
>|I'll reserve judgement...this stuff makes me drool.
>

> 'Easy to acquire' has to be taken in relative terms...CD or no, I can't
>get this stuff.

Actually, you can.
These items are rare drops off common "lawn trash" mobs. Of course,
said trash happens to be level 45+....but a solid group can take them
easily.

> It's still early. I have complete faith in Verant's ability to screw over
>the fighters.

Ringing Mace of Ykesha:

One handed Blunt, 10/22, procs the same effect as SSoY. Imagine two
of these + CoF or RBB.

There are a lot more melee equipment dropping than caster equipment so
far. And given the "trash" drops that I've seen, the good drops ought
to be pretty damn insane...of course, if you intend on taking on the
"Boss" mob in Karnor, you're gonna need all the help you can get...

-- Sang.

Sang K. Choe

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 01:21:17 GMT, s...@deletethis.operation3d.com (Sam
Schlansky) wrote:

>>Tree Weave: AC 25, +10 Str, wt. 12
>>Brd, Clr, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rng, Rog, Shd, Shm, War
>

>Pity it's so heavy, monks can wear it. This is really a ranger and
>rogue item.

Screw that. I want it for my druid. Druids have crap for armor--the
best we have is Verm Tunic at AC15 or that Gold Efreeti BP which we
have to kill Djorn for.

Hey, look at the name man. It has "tree hugger" written all over it.

>>Gem Encrusted Ring: AC 10, +7 str. (random drop off any mountain
>>giant)
>

>Amazing item. Every tank should get one immediately. Pity it's lore.

Every tank? Again, screw that. I'm camping those mountain giants...

-- Sang.

Sang K. Choe

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:40:57 GMT, ba...@gud.com (Bashugud) wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:54:19 GMT, "JackiePrice" <nos...@NOSPAM.ca>
>wrote:
>
>>Think melee classes are getting the total shaft here (Dennis)?
>

>Oh great. Well anyone stubborn enough to still be playing a melee
>class had better rush on over and grab some of this stuff while it's
>still dropping.

I think you'll see these things continue to drop for a long time. The
reason is that these items aren't all that impressive given the mobs
you'll eventually face.

Our guild had the first taste of what's likely to be faced in the
upcoming levels. I can honestly say, a lot of the items found so far
are not even remotely overpowered compared to the mobs you're gonna
take on.

Our guild tried the boss of Karnor--it was a very humbling
experience...

And from what I understand Karnor isn't even the toughest dungeon.
The entry trash in Karnor are "only" 45 or so. There's another
dungeon in the Burning Woods where the entry trash are conning yellow
to a level 51 (gonna go look see tonight. :-)

Kinda makes Fear/Hate look like a walk in the park...

-- Sang.

calibar7

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
hahah thats an awsome story iv had the same experiences my wizard friend. Im
half your level so mine were stealing Shiny brassidols, SBH's, CDWS and PGTs
in highpass. Way i figure is they camped the one spawn for an hour, its my
turn for a kill. Who cares if there a group of 5 tanks thats nothing
compared to a wizards nukes, and thats our only advantage KS'in to save on
mana, so shove it with your hes an asshole attituted cuz its BS.

"o"

"BigTEN" <Ill...@msn.com> wrote in message

> Agreed, why do I play a caster?, aside from the obvious bind/gate etc.
>

> We all know of the rare ass Ancient Cyclops in South rho whom drops
> the Ring of the Ancients for the famed Jboots quest.
>

> Wondering around this morning with my 35 Wiz I saw the AC from a
> distance. When I got there, a Dwarf Paladin was already engaged
> and had knocked off roughly 1/4 health. Since I don't care for Verant's
> Play Nice policy especially for rare mobs such as this, I started Nuking
> with my 34th level Ice shock which does a bit over 300 damage without
> full resist. Mind you the Pally was already engaged and had a 1/4 life
> head start on me. The Pally was level 44 by the way.
>
> In the end I took his kill, and was overjoyed that I was finally able to
get
> the Ring of the Ancients.
>
> It was sad that he was 10 levels ahead of me, had a 1/4 health head
> start and I still took his kill.
>
> So why play a Tank?
>
> If Verant wants me to Play Nice, they better increase the spawn for
> rare mobs such as this, because frankly I and many others will continue
> to act as above.
>

> Someone here is bound to call me an ass, but I don't play enough to
> wait another month to see the AC again. Frankly I got lucky this
> morning, hehe

Morgan

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00

calibar7 wrote:

> hahah thats an awsome story iv had the same experiences my wizard friend. Im
> half your level so mine were stealing Shiny brassidols, SBH's, CDWS and PGTs
> in highpass. Way i figure is they camped the one spawn for an hour, its my
> turn for a kill. Who cares if there a group of 5 tanks thats nothing
> compared to a wizards nukes, and thats our only advantage KS'in to save on
> mana, so shove it with your hes an asshole attituted cuz its BS.

So, you're saying that his behavior was not inconsiderate because
it was profitable for him? Sounds like you're a clueless asshole.

--
Morgan

Pat Cole

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
>We all know of the rare ass Ancient Cyclops in South rho whom drops
>the Ring of the Ancients for the famed Jboots quest.

Yes. We also know, since kindergarten, that those at the head of the line get
whatever it is they're in line for before those behind them. Of course, like
kindergarten, there are still the dipshits who haven't learned to quit playing
with themselves in public and eating their own snot who won't abide by this
rule of civilization.

>Wondering around this morning with my 35 Wiz I saw the AC from a
>distance. When I got there, a Dwarf Paladin was already engaged
>and had knocked off roughly 1/4 health. Since I don't care for Verant's
>Play Nice policy especially for rare mobs such as this, I started Nuking
>with my 34th level Ice shock which does a bit over 300 damage without
>full resist. Mind you the Pally was already engaged and had a 1/4 life
>head start on me. The Pally was level 44 by the way.
>
>In the end I took his kill, and was overjoyed that I was finally able to get
>the Ring of the Ancients.

You god-damned freelance socialist. You KS, a rare mob, that some poor fighter
had already engaged, then dare to come HERE to brag about it? No wonder you
didn't post your name/server either. Good luck getting past level 40 you
scumbag. Once you reach a certain point in the game, those with no social
skills and the intelligence and respect for others of children become unable to
continue unless they play a druid, necro, mage, or shaman. I see you play a
wizard.

>It was sad that he was 10 levels ahead of me, had a 1/4 health head
>start and I still took his kill.

>If Verant wants me to Play Nice, they better increase the spawn for
>rare mobs such as this, because frankly I and many others will continue
>to act as above.

Verant needs do nothing. You will find your progress up the EQ ladder stunted
by your own idiocy, greed, and lack of respect for others. I hope that dwarf
pally got your name and is in a big, strong guild. KSing assholes like you are
what gives us friendly casters a bad name. Here's hoping you get hit by a
truck.

Pat
Knot: 32 Druid Lanys T'vyl
Who enforces his own set of "play nice" rules set by his own conscience

Bumgum

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
well said i agree with everything that you just said

-Bumgum
of Fennin Ro

John Alcock

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
"BigTEN" <Ill...@msn.com> wrote:

>Someone here is bound to call me an ass, but I don't play enough to
>wait another month to see the AC again. Frankly I got lucky this
>morning, hehe

You see, even you, in the dim dark recesses of what passes for your brain,
realize you're an ass. Imagine then how much more we who aren't nearly so
handicapped realize it.

--
John Alcock
work: jal...@NOSPAMwatson.ibm.com

John Alcock

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
Morgan <mor...@misleading.com> wrote:

>> "BigTEN" <Ill...@msn.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > If Verant wants me to Play Nice, they better increase the spawn for
>> > rare mobs such as this, because frankly I and many others will continue
>> > to act as above.
>> >

>> > Someone here is bound to call me an ass, but I don't play enough to
>> > wait another month to see the AC again. Frankly I got lucky this
>> > morning, hehe
>

>calibar7 wrote:
>>
>> hahah thats an awsome story iv had the same experiences my wizard friend. Im
>> half your level so mine were stealing Shiny brassidols, SBH's, CDWS and PGTs
>> in highpass. Way i figure is they camped the one spawn for an hour, its my
>> turn for a kill. Who cares if there a group of 5 tanks thats nothing
>> compared to a wizards nukes, and thats our only advantage KS'in to save on
>> mana, so shove it with your hes an asshole attituted cuz its BS.
>
>So, you're saying that his behavior was not inconsiderate because
>it was profitable for him? Sounds like you're a clueless asshole.

A clueless asshole need find only one other clueless asshole to feel validated.
Suddenly he is no longer the drooling imbecile he uneasily suspects himself to
be, but a member of a COMMUNITY. And he has a friend, someone to go to
wrestling matches and Jerry Springer tapings with.

It's touching, really. I'm all choked up.

Mason Barge

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
It really sounds to me like you need to play a necro. They solo so well that
it is a great PC for people with borderline personality disorders. In other
words, this guy wrote your name down and you will never be allowed in a group
with him. Not like wizard is a very "in demand" class for groups anyway.

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me
some coffee."
- Abraham Lincoln

John Henders

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00

>On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 01:21:17 GMT, s...@deletethis.operation3d.com (Sam
>Schlansky) wrote:

>>>Tree Weave: AC 25, +10 Str, wt. 12
>>>Brd, Clr, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rng, Rog, Shd, Shm, War
>>
>>Pity it's so heavy, monks can wear it. This is really a ranger and
>>rogue item.

>Screw that. I want it for my druid. Druids have crap for armor--the
>best we have is Verm Tunic at AC15 or that Gold Efreeti BP which we
>have to kill Djorn for.

Sorry bud, that and just about everything else druid wearable on Kunark
is medium race only. Tough luck.

--
Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v

Sang K. Choe

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
On 28 Apr 2000 04:43:29 -0700, jhen...@example.com (John Henders)
wrote:

>In <17negski496cj139q...@4ax.com> Sang K. Choe <sa...@choenet.com.remove.this.com> writes:

>>>Pity it's so heavy, monks can wear it. This is really a ranger and
>>>rogue item.
>
>>Screw that. I want it for my druid. Druids have crap for armor--the
>>best we have is Verm Tunic at AC15 or that Gold Efreeti BP which we
>>have to kill Djorn for.
>
>Sorry bud, that and just about everything else druid wearable on Kunark
>is medium race only. Tough luck.

AARRRGGGHHHHHHH!

Well, at least I don't have to worry about losing another roll.

-- Sang.

tila...@my-deja.com

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
So where was the Jade Mace found? Who drops it?

In article <LeqN4.78315$2D6.1...@news20.bellglobal.com>,
"JackiePrice" <nos...@NOSPAM.ca> wrote:
> 1h Blunts:
>
> Lots of crappy, but very light 1h blunt weapons good for monks to
practice
> with. Also, monks take note of the monk only
>
> Master Wu's Trance Stick: 7/18, effect: Smite (I imagine this effect
goes
> off a lot at that delay, a great practice weapon too.)
>
> Jade Mace: 9/18, wt 2.1 (Brd, Cle, Dru, Mnk, Pal, Rog, Shd, Shm,
War) With
> the magic number taken into account, this is better than whitened
Treant
> fists...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

dre

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
Hear! Hear! The usefulness of wizards finally rears its ugly head in
this NG!