Brain of Ishva

Stephen J. Stanec Jr.

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
I killed the Ishva in Paw last night and looted the summon corpse spell and
a Brain of Ishva. Ive killed him about 10 times prior to this and never
seen the brain before. Any ideas what it might be used for? And please
spare us all the stupid childish jokes about what a brain is for.

SirTifiable

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00

Stephen J. Stanec Jr. wrote in message
<8a680p$e25$1...@ssauraac-i-1.production.compuserve.com>...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/quests/Q_Paineel.html

Look for the quest called "The Summoning of Dread".

Good luck and good hunting.

SirTifiable
"of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most"

Hippie Ramone

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
In rec.games.computer.everquest SirTifiable <sirtifiable@_removethis_mail.wowmail.com> wrote:
: Stephen J. Stanec Jr. wrote in message

: <8a680p$e25$1...@ssauraac-i-1.production.compuserve.com>...
:>I killed the Ishva in Paw last night and looted the summon corpse spell and
:>a Brain of Ishva. Ive killed him about 10 times prior to this and never
:>seen the brain before. Any ideas what it might be used for? And please
:>spare us all the stupid childish jokes about what a brain is for.
:>

: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/quests/Q_Paineel.html
: Look for the quest called "The Summoning of Dread".

Is the infamous neverspawn spawning more than 1x per 32hrs now?

Olaf

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Since you seem to have been down there a lot, what is the easiest way to get to
him, how tough is he, and what do you pull when you fight him?

I have been down everywhere in the old paw, and fairly far in in new paw.

Thanks

olaf
Stephen J. Stanec Jr. <sta...@compuserve.com> wrote in message

Morgan

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
"Stephen J. Stanec Jr." wrote:

> I killed the Ishva in Paw last night and looted the summon corpse spell and
> a Brain of Ishva. Ive killed him about 10 times prior to this and never
> seen the brain before. Any ideas what it might be used for? And please
> spare us all the stupid childish jokes about what a brain is for.

Sorry, can't help with that one.

I had a similar problem trying to figure out what dwarf tongues
were good for. I could not come up with a way to phrase the
question that would get me a serious answer.

--
Morgan

(crossposting all posts to rec.games.computer.everquest)

RaceFace

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
I'd be happy with that kind of spawn time for the goblin alchemist in
Beholder... I wouldn't be at 45.5 hours waiting for the little bugger.

"Hippie Ramone" <kde...@jelerak.scrye.com> wrote in message

CiscoBob

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
Its for the SHD quest at lvl 50 for lvl 49 spell life leach or
something like that.

Stephen J. Stanec Jr.

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
Thank you to those of you who answered this question for me.

The easiest way to get to the Ishva is to be invisible. Go to the second
bridge(the one over water) turn to the east and jump into the water below.
Swim to shore and make your way to the right a bit. You will come to
another small area of water. If you look carefully in that water you will
notice a square passage you can swim down. This passage isnt very long, you
dont need to worry about enduring breath or the like. Follow the water
tunnel, when it opens into a circular space swim to the top surface. There
will be one gnoll in the room you pop up into. Its always an enchanter or
necro with pet. Now if you stand in this room facing the water turn to your
right 90 degrees. Move forward till you hit a door. Go through this door
and move to the opposite side of the room. There is a smaller room off the
to the left hand side.

This is where the Ishva Mal spawns. Hes accompanied by one guard in the
room and 2 just outside it. All of these guards cast complete heal and can
really mess things up if you are not carefull. Additionally there are many
more gnolls located all around the area. Clearing them out before you begin
to fight is a good idea.

The Ishva and his guards are a very tough fight. You will need either a
good strong group of 40+ or some nice tactics with just one or 2 level 50s.
Ive done this room many times now. Most of the time it was myself and
another level 50 wizard. I have, however, learned a way to do this
completely solo as a level 50 wizard. Heres how I do it:

I bind just outside paw. I go invis to the Ishva room. I clear out all the
gnolls up to the Ishva's guards. The Ishva is level 40, and the guards i
think level 39. I target on of the outside guards and root it. The other
one comes at me and i pull it back out of the first guards spell range. I
use a pumice stone to cancel the buffs on this guard. I then cast Markars
Clash to stun this guard followed by a quick ice comet. I immediately cast
Tishans Clash to stun again and drop one more Ice comet. Guard dies and I
gate. I med up outside then invis and run back down to deal with the second
guard, gating out again when he is dead. The respawn time on the guards is
very very long so you dont have to worry about them showing up again.

Now hopefully at this point Ive managed to kill 2 guards and just have the
Ishva and the guard left in his room. I proceed with similar plan here. I
root the Ishva and his pet. Then i pull the guard out and kill him and
gate. Now its down to the Ishva and me. After medding to full I kill his
pet with one Rend. He normaly starts casting a new pet spell. I hit him
with a stun then an ice comet. I keep trying to alternate my two stuns and
ice comets until hes dead. Its always a very very close fight. If i miss
time a stun and let him get off too many spells I die.

It has taken me many tries, and deaths, before I figured out the timing and
the order to kill the guards off individually and then the ishva. It is by
no means easy and in fact is right there at the limit of my solo abilities.
I was level 50 with lots of exp to spare when I first started experimenting
on soloing this room. I lost more bubbles than i can count before I got
everything down right :) But the main reason I did this was because I want
that robe! And even after all the times I've killed him, that darn Ishva
still refuses to give it up. Ive gotten and given away several summon
corpse scrolls and last the Brain of Ishva Mal. Not one robe yet though.

Anyways, I'm sorry for such a long post. I hope I answered you're question.
Let me know if I can help anymore.

Sincerly,

Vanitia Brigthflame(level 50 Erudite Wizard, Rodcet Nife)
Galuden(level 22 Barbarian Rogue, Rodcet Nife)

Olaf wrote in message ...

>Since you seem to have been down there a lot, what is the easiest way to
get to
>him, how tough is he, and what do you pull when you fight him?
>
>I have been down everywhere in the old paw, and fairly far in in new paw.
>
>Thanks
>
>olaf

Olaf

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
Thanks for the info on getting to him.

> Thank you to those of you who answered this question for me.
>

> The easiest way to get to the Ishva is to be invisible...

Edward James Kilsdonk

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
In article <38C6F7E9...@misleading.com>,

Morgan <mor...@misleading.com> wrote:
>"Stephen J. Stanec Jr." wrote:
>>
>> I killed the Ishva in Paw last night and looted the summon corpse spell and
>> a Brain of Ishva. Ive killed him about 10 times prior to this and never
>> seen the brain before. Any ideas what it might be used for? And please
>> spare us all the stupid childish jokes about what a brain is for.
>
>Sorry, can't help with that one.
>
>I had a similar problem trying to figure out what dwarf tongues
>were good for. I could not come up with a way to phrase the
>question that would get me a serious answer.

The 4 Dunfires: Rondo and others - are given to Diggens in the
Kaladim mines for the rogue parrying pick. My wood-elf ranger
was unable to get this quest and I ended up destroying the
tongues to make room in the bank.

Qued and the other Butcherblock bandits also drop tongues. I
have no idea what these are for, but they are Lore and NoDrop
so there should be something.

Ted K.
--
Edward J. Kilsdonk Look, ytte is written in Olde. It muste
Graduate Student, History bee fromme before they invented fpelling.