Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

New change not documented?

5 visningar

John M Clancy

oläst,
22 feb. 2001 13:10:292001-02-22
till
Did anyone notice that now if you cast a buff spell on someone
that already has a better buff spell on them it doesn't take effect
AND doesn't use any mana?!

It gets a new message of "Your spell would not have taken hold on your target."
instead of "Your spell did not take hold."

This is a great change! Woot! No more wasted mana on aborted buffs
people that already had it on them. Makes me more likely to toss around
buffs now.

Menarion

oläst,
22 feb. 2001 13:17:152001-02-22
till
That's cool! A very welcome change.

"John M Clancy" <jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Dark Tyger

oläst,
22 feb. 2001 13:21:172001-02-22
till

*Blinks* Why is Satan building snowmen?

Better get inside, the pigs are migrating. YOu thought bird "bombs"
were bad...

--
Dark Tyger, the slightly eccentric, railgun-toting kitty kat
Change "tyger" to "half" to email me

Tenchi: Nnn, ehhh, trivial question, but did I reeeaallly have to take my clothes off?
Washu: Eh hehehe, no!
(Tenchi, Washu - OAV 11))

Javan

oläst,
22 feb. 2001 20:06:362001-02-22
till
Yep, I noticed that. Very nice, as now I can cast Center on everyone and
if it sticks great, if not, no harm done. I sent an email to castersrealm,
but haven't seen anything posted yet.

"John M Clancy" <jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Sandjumper Jones

oläst,
22 feb. 2001 20:25:592001-02-22
till

http://gucomics.everlore.com/strips/gu_02222001.jpg

--
Sandjumper Jones
51st Halfling Wanderer

Sam Posten

oläst,
23 feb. 2001 09:43:562001-02-23
till
>It gets a new message of "Your spell would not have taken hold on your target."
>instead of "Your spell did not take hold."

Also, if your target is out of view you no longer waste mana on it. 2
places this would always burn me were solb and Lguk, you'd root
something down and take a few steps back to nuke, but a little corner
would prevent total line of sight, it would say you cant see target
and suck down all the exp. REALLY stunk if you had this happen with
ice comet =)

Kad

Dan Harmon

oläst,
23 feb. 2001 11:21:472001-02-23
till

"Sam Posten" <samuel...@ilex.com> wrote in message

Do you get the message about "you cannot see your target" immediately, or
only after the time spent casting the damned thing? All my good spells take
about 6 seconds to cast and I'd sorta like to know at the beginning.

Celaeno

oläst,
23 feb. 2001 18:36:372001-02-23
till
You will not evade me, "John M Clancy" <jmcl...@ix.netcom.com>:

I noticed the different message, but not the saved mana. Nice :)
Wonder if the same will hold true for offensive spells?

Celaeno Duskwalker
Fier'dal druid of Erollisi Marr

dstep

oläst,
24 feb. 2001 08:02:192001-02-24
till
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:21:17 -0600, Dark Tyger
<dark...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>"John M Clancy" <jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>>Did anyone notice that now if you cast a buff spell on someone
>>that already has a better buff spell on them it doesn't take effect
>>AND doesn't use any mana?!
>>
>>It gets a new message of "Your spell would not have taken hold on your target."
>>instead of "Your spell did not take hold."
>>
>>This is a great change! Woot! No more wasted mana on aborted buffs
>>people that already had it on them. Makes me more likely to toss around
>>buffs now.
>
>*Blinks* Why is Satan building snowmen?
>
>Better get inside, the pigs are migrating. YOu thought bird "bombs"
>were bad...

AAHHA exactly Dark tyger, reminds me of funny comic. Go look at recent
GU'S and evercrest, kind of a cool eq comics. I forget link for GU but
evercrest cartoon has a link to it. A recent one of both around the
same time of the most recent changes are pretty much about such
sayings.

email: ydst...@yhoyme.com removing all "y"s

0 nya meddelanden