Ranger Quest - Sword or Morin - Is the Ghoul Messanger in the game or not?

de...@worldgate.ca

Oct 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/10/99
Hail and well met:

I have investigated the Ranger Quest - Sword or Morin. There has been
much debate on many message boards about the Ghoul Messanger that must
be killed. All posts say that the Ghoul Messanger is NOT in the game,
after mass attempts to find said Ghoul. There was only one post that
said someone's friend had seen the Ghoul (sounds dubious to me).

Can anyone "official" announce wether or not that the Ghoul is in the
game, and therefore, wether or not this quest is working.

(Makes you wonder why it called EverQUEST, don't it =)

Crushane
Ranger of the 15th Season

Abe

Oct 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/10/99
Second hand information: I heard a GM say the ghoul is not yet in the game.
Typical verant, put in the quest but it's not completeable.

Brad McQuaid

Oct 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/10/99
Quest should be working after the next patch (Wednesday).

Sorry 'bout that.

de...@worldgate.ca wrote:

Brad McQuaid
Producer, EverQuest www.everquest.com
Vice President, Verant Interactive Inc.

Dana

Oct 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/10/99
Thanks for the update, Brad! Always appreciated. :^)

Brad McQuaid <bmcq...@verant.com> wrote in message

Michael

Oct 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/10/99
What lev do you have to be to do this quest?

<de...@worldgate.ca> wrote in message

Dave Evans

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
where does this quest begin?

seedar 14th lev ranger
wyrms of midnight
test server

The Mad Warrior

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
The Ghoul Messenger definitely appears on the Test Server, so if it is not
on the live servers now I would assume that it would be on the next patch.

MW

Joseph M Leonard

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
Brad McQuaid (bmcq...@verant.com) wrote:
: Quest should be working after the next patch (Wednesday).
:
: Sorry 'bout that.

Please for the love of jum-jum juice, tell me that you are fixing it so
that HALF ELF rangers can use the sword. I traded in an ebony blade, and
now I have a sword that I can't use. However, there are plenty of happy
HIGH ELF rangers out there using the short sword of morin, I'm sure.

http://gameznet.com/eq/equipment/shortswordmorin.html

--
Joe
aka Maelfyn Sinifay 40th ranger Fennin Ro

Sam Schlansky

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
From the EQ-Rangers mailing list:

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
Thank God, the dragoon dirk was getting very old school.

--
Joe

The Mad Warrior

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
SSoM on Test Server is HEF ELF HUM now. Ghoul Messenger has also been
spotted and some rangers are running around with the SSoM, so it's a
reasonable assumption that the quest works.

MW

Sam Schlansky

Oct 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/11/99
nos...@nospam.com (The Mad Warrior) wrote in <38023E68...@nospam.com>:

>SSoM on Test Server is HEF ELF HUM now.

Right-o.

>Ghoul Messenger has also been
>spotted and some rangers are running around with the SSoM, so it's a
>reasonable assumption that the quest works.

Well, I've had my SSoM for two weeks now; I just had to trade in an ebony to get
it.

Sam

John R.

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99
Actually,

There is no such thing as a High Elf Ranger ;-)

"Sam Schlansky" <s...@deletethis.operation3d.com> wrote in message

Joseph M Leonard

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99
John R. (j...@mymail.com) wrote:
: Actually,

:
: There is no such thing as a High Elf Ranger ;-)

That was my attempt at dripping sarcasm.. hehe

--
Joe
aka Maelfyn Sinifay 41st ranger Fennin Ro

Sam Schlansky

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99
j...@mymail.com (John R.) wrote in <3804...@news.goes.com>:

>Actually,
>
>There is no such thing as a High Elf Ranger ;-)

No shit. Really?

Read it again, and tell me that wasn't the entire point of the post.

Sam

Boombastik

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99

> Well, I've had my SSoM for two weeks now; I just had to trade in an
ebony to get
> it.

You traded an Ebony Bladed Sword?!? Doesn't sound like a great swap to
me...
OK the EBS doesn't have str+3 & agi+3 but it has a higher damage ratio,
esnaring roots, it's not lore and it's not no drop unlike the sword.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Aaeros

Oct 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/23/99
Yes, Ghoul Messenger is running around in West Karana

Aaeros.

Boombastik <boomb...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Olaf

Oct 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/23/99
Try -2500 -10400 in W Karana

while he doesnt spawn there, it seems like he ALWAYS ends up near there. In
hunting him tonight, 5 times in a row he ran by that spot.

As an aside, I heard the spawn rate on him was 15 minutes, this isnt true on
Tribunal. It was like 45-55 mins.

olaf

Aaeros <Aae...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message