New foraged food?

John M Clancy

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99

Notice the new foraged food yet?
You can sell them for a little over a gold each.

I have noticed with the new foraged food
that it seems to be zone specific. Perhaps
they may be parts of some new quests or
new baking and brewing recipes as well?

Here are the ones I have found so far:

North Karana Wild Cabbage
South Karana Thunderhoof Mushroom
Kithicor Wild Radish
Lake Rathe Rathe Berries
Highpass Tea Leaves

Definitely intriguing to me.

Anyone add to the list?

MeleKahn (AKA John M. Clancy)

Jeff Whitman

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99

John M Clancy <jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Ice radish, near Halas

Adjyktyv

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
"John M Clancy" <[nospam]jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Notice the new foraged food yet?
> You can sell them for a little over a gold each.

You can sell foraged food for over a gold each?

That's free money, without having to kill anything.

I wonder how long that's going to last...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Thierry Brunet

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Greater Faydark - Cinnamon Sticks
Butcher Block - Aviak Eggs.

Thierry
--

John M Clancy wrote:

> Notice the new foraged food yet?
> You can sell them for a little over a gold each.

X-Caliber

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Gorge Moss... In Beholder's maze

Ward Stockwell

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
East Commons - Griphon Eggs

Roadkill[PCR]

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
A lot of people are going to be just destroying these to get revenge!!
MMuuuuuhhahahhaa!!!

DAK

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
In article <7ro64i$c37$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
Adjyktyv <msch...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> "John M Clancy" <[nospam]jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >
> > Notice the new foraged food yet?
> > You can sell them for a little over a gold each.
>
> You can sell foraged food for over a gold each?

I think he's referring to the "new" foraged items. The "old" food I
have never been able to sell (except for fishing grubs). They must be
pretty rare, 'cause I've yet to see any of the new food items (and I
forage religously).

Desmei Sightblinder
Lvl 26 Bard (Povar)

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:15:10 GMT, Adjyktyv <msch...@my-deja.com> wrote:

|You can sell foraged food for over a gold each?
|

|That's free money, without having to kill anything.
|
|I wonder how long that's going to last...

The items are rare finds, so you're not going to get rich off them.

I suspect they were given a value because they either are already or soon
will be components for other trade skills. Giving them a value to NPCs
establishes a minimum price for them when other PCs want to buy them from you.

Dennis F. Heffernan EQ: Venture Fletcher(E'ci) dfra...@email.com
Montclair State U #include <disclaim.h> ICQ:9154048 CompSci/Philosophy
"There's no easy way to be free."
-- Pete Townshend, "Slip Kid"

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:20:50 -0400, "Roadkill[PCR]"
<road...@aroma.com.REMOVEME> wrote:

|A lot of people are going to be just destroying these to get revenge!!
|MMuuuuuhhahahhaa!!!

"We gladly feast on those who would destroy us." -- Adamms Family motto

Dan Harmon

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99

Adjyktyv <msch...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> "John M Clancy" <[nospam]jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >
> > Notice the new foraged food yet?
> > You can sell them for a little over a gold each.
>
> You can sell foraged food for over a gold each?
>
> That's free money, without having to kill anything.
>
> I wonder how long that's going to last...

If true, I suspect that you'd be able to get even more from other players
(either brewers or bakers at a guess) once recipes are discovered.

Carsten Locke

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
>North Karana Wild Cabbage
>South Karana Thunderhoof Mushroom
>Kithicor Wild Radish
>Lake Rathe Rathe Berries
>Highpass Tea Leaves

Bag of Sea Salt - Oasis

Smoka

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Miller Carrot - West Karanas

Have seen cabbage also, but do not know what zone it came from.

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:28:15 -0400, "John M Clancy"
<jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Notice the new foraged food yet?
>You can sell them for a little over a gold each.
>

>I have noticed with the new foraged food
>that it seems to be zone specific. Perhaps
>they may be parts of some new quests or
>new baking and brewing recipes as well?
>

>Here are the ones I have found so far:
>

>North Karana Wild Cabbage
>South Karana Thunderhoof Mushroom
>Kithicor Wild Radish
>Lake Rathe Rathe Berries
>Highpass Tea Leaves
>

>Definitely intriguing to me.
>
>Anyone add to the list?
>

>MeleKahn (AKA John M. Clancy)

Smoka Silvertree
23rd Level Ranger
Fennin Ro

Robert Viduya

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Here's a couple more:

Miller Carrots - West Karana
Surefall Sap - Qeynos Hills inside tunnel leading to Surefall
Tea Leaves - East Karana along canyon road leading to Highpass.

I'm starting to wonder if the items are not just zone specific, but also
specific to a particular area within a zone. Ex: Tea Leaves are found
mainly in Highpass, but also along the road leading to Highpass. Ex #2:
Surefall Sap might be found in Surefall, but also in tunnel leading to
Surefall.

Another thing I noticed is that if you sell a stack to a vendor, you don't
get the quantity multiplier on the money received. I.e., selling a stack of
five items should get me over 5 gold, but I only got just over 1 gold (as if
I only sold one of the items). Anyone else notice this?

Cpl. Punishment

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Woo Hoo! I spent almost all of Tuesday's gaming in South Karana and
picked up over 10 Thunderhoof mushrooms. My forage button is always
kept dark and I threw away a lot of roots and berries, but that's almost
2 pp in free cash! Not a fortune but added with all the money I save
with forage (and even make by selling veggies to brewers) it really is
quite the bonus. This almost kinda comes close to making up for the dot
nerf. Well not really, but I love it.

By the way, all that time in the Karanas was spent gaining 4 and a half
bubbles and my 20th level solo kiting blue, white and even a few yellow
elephants. More risk, more time, more touch and go, but still possible
when skillfully done.

Liahona Guidingstar
Rodcet Nife

Allison Butler

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Misty Thicket - Black root

zeke

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Lavastorm - Ash Weed

Zeke

Soda

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Foraged some Griffon Eggs in East Commons

Carsten Locke

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Get ready for nerfing....if there's anything that could possibly let newbies
afford new spells/armor easier it'll be nerfed.

Expect this food to sell for 1c or nothing in the next patch cuz Brad dont
like it when players arent struggling for everything. Since not every
class/race gets forage...this is unfair to others so it'll be nerfed.

Faeri Min

Sep 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/16/99
I heard someone say that you have to have at least 100 in forage to get the
new stuff. Don't know if this is true. By the time you get your foraging
that high, a gold doesn't seem like much.

With 190 foraging, I get one of the new special ones about once every 2
hours. Not gonna get rich that way.

So far...
Wild cabbage - North Karana
Ashweed - Lavastorm
Aligator eggs - feerot
basilisk eggs - rathe mountains

Carsten Locke <hel...@earthling.net> wrote in message

Snicker Furfoot, Esq.

Sep 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/17/99
"Faeri Min" <fa...@4est.com> wrote:

>I heard someone say that you have to have at least 100 in forage to get the
>new stuff. Don't know if this is true. By the time you get your foraging
>that high, a gold doesn't seem like much.

Which means that Bards will never forage it (skill cap = 40)

*sigh*
Talies the Wanderer
So many continents, so little to do

Faras Tar'Linedhel

Sep 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/17/99
I am maxed on forage and got an "ash root" yesterday and then a few tries
later in a different zone got "roots" - never fear mighty Talies ;-)

- Faras

Snicker Furfoot, Esq. <sni...@pinkpig.com> wrote in message

Sporknight

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
I got Glowing Lichens in Nectulos lastnight.

These have to be used as baking and brewing goods of some type.

Diggwin 31 Druid, The Rathe

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:28:23 -0700, Soda <So...@pop.com> wrote:

>Foraged some Griffon Eggs in East Commons
>
>John M Clancy wrote:
>

>> Notice the new foraged food yet?
>> You can sell them for a little over a gold each.

Random User

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
In Solsek A, I got some kind of mushroom....

Sporknight <fake-...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Chuck Norris

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Foraged "gorge moss" in beholder... looks like pixie dust only it's red,
sells to vender
wild radish in kithicor, and foraged an "aviak egg" in butcher block

Chuck Norris

In article <0cvF3.284$I6....@typ12.nn.bcandid.com>, "Random User"

dre

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
I've gotten sea salt from Oasis, Glow Lichen from nektulos, Mushrooms
in innothule, and a different kind of root from East commons.

These have to be some new brewing ingredients for new liquors and some
ingredients for new types of food.