Missing ZEMs

Lance Berg

Aug 6, 2004, 6:56:49 AM8/6/04
Using a chart I found at

http://www.graffe.com/library.php?id=20

This is missing several zones, and doesn't have the current "hot spot"
ZEM listings as far as I can tell, nor does it list the GOD zones at all.

Anyone know ZEMs for:

Erud's Crossing
OOT
Dalnir
Nurga
TD
Seb
Droga
VP
TOV
Vex Thal
Hate's Fury
BOT
wow most of the POP zones are unlisted, aren't they all 119 ZEM?
Growth
Hate
Mischief
Sky
The GOD zones
LDoN zones

And current ZEM's for the current list of hot spots?

Grage

Melduhr

Aug 6, 2004, 8:40:02 AM8/6/04
On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 06:56:49 -0400, Lance Berg <emp...@dejazzd.com>
wrote:

Where do the numbers come from?
Any official statement or info on this?

Did Hates Fury last night with my regular mid fifties group,
got 6 blues in 3 hours constantly moving and killing,pretty
disappointing,can do 2 hard Ldons in the same time,which
give 4 blues each,not to speak of adv points and loot from
nameds.
And why do we have to move through a mix of live and
undead mobs,which are higher level than most mobs
in Hate's Fury, in Nadox to reach Hate's Fury ? - nice
concept Sony. :)

Mheldur 55 Cleric

Graeme Faelban

Aug 6, 2004, 9:38:56 AM8/6/04
Lance Berg <emp...@dejazzd.com> wrote in news:6bydnXNjl9xo_o7cRVn-
o...@dejazzd.com:

No GoD, LDoN, or hotspots, but here is the list I have:

Acrylia, 90
AirPlane, 75
Akanon, 100
Akheva, 85
Arena, 75
Bazaar, 75
Befallen, 160
Beholder, 75
Blackburrow, 100
Bothunder, 119
BurningWood, 75
Butcher, 75
Cabeast, 75
Cabwest, 75
Cauldron, 75
CazicThule, 85
Charasis, 85
Chardok, 85
CityMist, 85
CobaltScar, 75
Codecay, 119
Commons, 75
Crushbone, 160
Crystal, 85
Dalnir, 75
Dawnshroud, 75
Dreadlands, 75
Droga, 89
Dulak, 85
Drunder, 75
EastKarana, 75
EastWastes, 75
Echoc, 80
Ecommons, 75
EmeraldJungle, 75
ErudnExt, 75
ErudnInt, 75
ErudsXing, 75
Everfrost, 75
FearPlane, 75
Feerrott, 75
FelwitheA, 125
FelwitheB, 125
FieldOfBone, 75
Firiona, 75
FreportE, 75
FreportN, 100
FreportW, 75
FrontierMtns, 75
FrozenShadow, 85
Fungusgrove, 75
Gfaydark, 75
Greatdivide, 75
Griegsend, 90
Grimling, 80
Grobb, 125
Growthplane, 75
GukBottom, 80
GukTop, 150
Gunthak, 85
Halas, 125
HatePlane, 75
Hatesfury, 85
Highkeep, 75
Highpass, 80
Hohonora, 111
Hohonorb, 111
Hole, 100
Hollowshade, 75
Iceclad, 75
Innothule, 75
Jaggedpine, 75
Kael, 75
Kaesora, 100
KaladimA, 125
KaladimB, 125
Karnor, 85
Katta, 85
Kedge, 125
KerraRidge, 100
kerraridge2, 100
Kithicor, 75
Kurn, 150
LakeofIllOmen, 60
LakeRathe, 75
Lavastorm, 75
Letalis, 75
Lfaydark, 75
Maiden, 75
MischiefMaze, 75
Mischiefplane, 75
Mistmoore, 75
Misty, 75
Mseru, 75
Nadox, 75
Najena, 100
Necropolis, 75
Nektulos, 75
NeriakA, 100
NeriakB, 100
NeriakC, 100
Netherbian, 80
Nexus, 75
Nightmareb, 119
NorthKarana, 75
Nro, 75
Nurga, 89
Oasis, 75
Oggok, 100
OOT, 75
Overthere, 75
Paineel, 75
Paludal, 160
Paw, 90
Permafrost, 90
Poair, 119
Podisease, 119
Pofire, 119
Poinnovation, 119
Pojustice, 119
Poknowledge, 75
Ponightmare, 119
Postorms, 119
Potactics, 119
Potorment, 119
Potranquility, 75
Povalor, 119
Powar, 119
Powater, 119
Qcat, 96
Qey2HH1, 75
Qeynos, 75
Qeynos2, 75
Qeytoqrg, 75
QRG, 75
Rathemtn, 75
Rivervale, 100
Runnyeye, 100
Scarlet, 75
Sebilis, 85
Shadeweaver, 75
Shadowhaven, 100
SharVahl, 75
Sirens, 85
Skyfire, 80
Skyshrine, 85
Skyshrine2, 85
Skyshrine3, 85
Skyshrine_Lower, 85
Skyshrine_Upper, 85
Sleeper, 90
SoldungA, 130
SoldungB, 80
Solrotower, 119
SolTemple, 75
SouthKarana, 75
Sro, 75
Sseru, 75
Ssratemple, 100
Steamfont, 75
Stonebrunt, 75
SurefallGlade, 100
Swampofnohope, 75
TempleRo, 75
Templeveeshan, 75
Tenebrous, 75
TheDeep, 85
TheGrey, 65
Thurgadina, 85
Thurgadina1, 85
Thurgadinb, 85
Timorous, 75
Tox, 75
Trakanon, 75
Twilight, 75
Umbral, 90
Unrest, 130
Veeshan, 75
Veksar, 100
Velketor, 85
Vexthal, 75
Wakening, 75
Warrens, 150
WarsliksWood, 75
Westwastes, 85

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Elder Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 65 seasons

Lance Berg

Aug 6, 2004, 5:52:37 PM8/6/04

Graeme Faelban wrote:
> Lance Berg <emp...@dejazzd.com> wrote in news:6bydnXNjl9xo_o7cRVn-
> o...@dejazzd.com:
>

>>Using a chart I found at
>>
>>http://www.graffe.com/library.php?id=20
>>
>>This is missing several zones, and doesn't have the current "hot spot"
>>ZEM listings as far as I can tell, nor does it list the GOD zones at
>
> all.
>
>>Anyone know ZEMs for:
>>
>>Erud's Crossing

75
>>OOT
75
>>Dalnir
75
>>Nurga
89
>>TD
75
>>Seb
85
>>Droga
89
>>VP
75
>>TOV
75
>>Vex Thal
75
>>Hate's Fury
85
>>BOT
119

>>wow most of the POP zones are unlisted, aren't they all 119 ZEM?

yes, Graeme's list shows them all at 119
>>Growth
>>Hate
>>Mischief
>>Sky
Oddly his list shows these all at 75, although the list I'm using shows
Fear at 100... disagree's with the list I have.

>>The GOD zones
>>LDoN zones

>>And current ZEM's for the current list of hot spots?
>>

> No GoD, LDoN, or hotspots, but here is the list I have:

Thanks, that filled in all the blanks, can't tell which if either list
is accurate but the two seem to agree in almost every spot.

The Hot Spot zones are supposed to have higher ZEM's at the moment and
be subject to change, I think all the LOY zones are hot spots

Of course ZEM isn't the final arbitrar of which zones are the best exp
per hour, because the exp per mob part of the equation is based on mob
level, not on mob difficulty, so if killing a level 50 mob takes you 2
minutes in a zone with a 75 ZEM and 4 minutes in a zone with a 150 ZEM
the two zones end up the same in terms of exp per hour.

Still, its interesting to be able to compare ZEMs

Grage

Tony Evans

Aug 7, 2004, 8:31:38 AM8/7/04
In alt.games.everquest, Graeme Faelban <Richar...@netscape.net> wrote:

>LakeofIllOmen, 60

That one line shows this list must be out of date.

I've XP'ed in LoIo recently, and it's certainly not worse than normal, it
must have a ZEM over 75.

--
Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)
Recommended Author : Stan Nicholls [http://www.stannicholls.com]

Graeme Faelban

Aug 9, 2004, 10:12:18 AM8/9/04
Tony Evans <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in

> In alt.games.everquest, Graeme Faelban <Richar...@netscape.net>
> wrote:
>
>>LakeofIllOmen, 60
>
> That one line shows this list must be out of date.
>
> I've XP'ed in LoIo recently, and it's certainly not worse than normal,
> it must have a ZEM over 75.

I XPed there way back in the old days, and never noticed the lower ZEM
either. Don't really know if any of the list is correct, just posted the
info I got elsewhere at some point in time, post LoY.

Remington Stone

Aug 9, 2004, 10:32:48 PM8/9/04
Graeme Faelban said:
>Tony Evans <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in
>> In alt.games.everquest, Graeme Faelban <Richar...@netscape.net>
>> wrote:
>>>LakeofIllOmen, 60
>> That one line shows this list must be out of date.
>> I've XP'ed in LoIo recently, and it's certainly not worse than normal,
>> it must have a ZEM over 75.
>I XPed there way back in the old days, and never noticed the lower ZEM
>either. Don't really know if any of the list is correct, just posted the
>info I got elsewhere at some point in time, post LoY.

It's easy to think that. But the number is probably accurate. The ZEM is
proportional to the amount of exp you get per MOB of a given level. Go
kill 10 even cons (and nothing else) in Loio, measure XP bar movement,
then go kill 10 even cons in... oh, what's the same level and 75 ZEM?
South Karana maybe? With the same character. I bet you, your exp bar
moves further in SK. However, it'll probably take you significantly less
time to kill those ten mobs in Loio, because (especially between the late
teens and mid-20's) most mobs there seem to be somewhat overconned, so
despite the low ZEM, the exp you get per HOUR is significantly better.
That may be less true for the experiment, since sorting out ten of -just-
the even cons is probably harder in the chaotic wandering-mob morass that
is Loio.

[65 Coercer] Zinphandel Chianti <Prism> (Gnome) Ayonae Ro

Tony Evans

Aug 10, 2004, 12:41:25 PM8/10/04

I still think you're mistaken. I've levelled a lot of characters in a lot
of places, I understand well the trade between kill rate and individual mob
XP. Lake of Ill Omen used to be full of people all the time, in the way
Paludal is now, and I believe the ZEM was lowered to encourage them to move
elsewhere, but it's certainly not 60 now.

I was solo'ing there with my beastlord, so I was aware of the kill rate and
there were no other variables. I'll eat my hat if the ZEM in LoIo is 60.

(I'd have to borrow a hat, but you get my point).

However, since neither of us have hard technical data I suggest we both
have some cake :)

--
Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)

GCv312 GCS d s+:++ a C+++ UAL++++$ P+ L++ E W(++) N+++(N--) w++$ R+ tv-- b++
Gemmell Mania : http://www.gemmell-mania.org.uk

Remington Stone

Aug 10, 2004, 4:45:28 PM8/10/04
Tony Evans said:
>In alt.games.everquest, ez06...@vici.ucdavis.edu (Remington Stone) wrote:
>>Graeme Faelban said:
>>>Tony Evans <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in

>>>I XPed there way back in the old days, and never noticed the lower ZEM
>>>either.
>>It's easy to think that. But the number is probably accurate. The ZEM is
>>proportional to the amount of exp you get per MOB of a given level. Go
>>kill 10 even cons (and nothing else) in Loio, measure XP bar movement,
>>then go kill 10 even cons in... oh, what's the same level and 75 ZEM?
>>South Karana maybe? With the same character. I bet you, your exp bar
>>moves further in SK. However, it'll probably take you significantly less
>>time to kill those ten mobs in Loio, because (especially between the late
>>teens and mid-20's) most mobs there seem to be somewhat overconned, so
>>despite the low ZEM, the exp you get per HOUR is significantly better.
>>That may be less true for the experiment, since sorting out ten of -just-
>>the even cons is probably harder in the chaotic wandering-mob morass that
>>is Loio.
>I still think you're mistaken. I've levelled a lot of characters in a lot
>of places, I understand well the trade between kill rate and individual mob
>XP. Lake of Ill Omen used to be full of people all the time, in the way
>Paludal is now, and I believe the ZEM was lowered to encourage them to move
>elsewhere, but it's certainly not 60 now.

See, I don't know if I believe it was lowered. I think it could easily
have always been low, and people were fooled by the kill rate into
thinking it was high until someone actualy measured it, back when ShowEQ
could do that. (Or maybe it still can... I've never used SEQ and can't
say.)

>I was solo'ing there with my beastlord, so I was aware of the kill rate and
>there were no other variables. I'll eat my hat if the ZEM in LoIo is 60.
>(I'd have to borrow a hat, but you get my point).

Aye, I'm somewhat suprised when I see it, too. But having looked at a
variety of lists, with differing numbers to suggest they were generated by
different people, Loio is consistently listed as lower than 'average
outdoor'. So I suspect it -is- in fact lower, but I'm not heavily
committed to how much lower.

>However, since neither of us have hard technical data I suggest we both
>have some cake :)

Cool. I like cake. :)

Mendor

Aug 10, 2004, 10:33:15 PM8/10/04

One thing I have noticed over the years is that undeads seem to give more
exp than live mobs, even in the same zone. If your killing in SK, then your
killing the aviaks, centaurs or for most players the gnolls outside paw. In
LOiO a good % of the mobs are undead so they could be the reason your seeing
more exp gain on the lake zone.

Just my 2cents worth.

Lief

Aug 11, 2004, 2:23:11 AM8/11/04

"Remington Stone" <ez06...@vidi.ucdavis.edu> wrote in message

Well, it could be a 60ZEM, but the mobs themselves could be worth more exp
per kill.

Graeme Faelban

Aug 11, 2004, 9:59:24 AM8/11/04
"Mendor" <gno...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in

> > >That may be less true for the experiment, since sorting out ten of
> > >-just- the even cons is probably harder in the chaotic
> > >wandering-mob morass that is Loio.
> >
> > I still think you're mistaken. I've levelled a lot of characters
> > in a lot of places, I understand well the trade between kill rate
> > and individual mob XP. Lake of Ill Omen used to be full of people
> > all the time, in the way Paludal is now, and I believe the ZEM was
> > lowered to encourage them to move elsewhere, but it's certainly not
> > 60 now.
> >
> > I was solo'ing there with my beastlord, so I was aware of the kill
> > rate and there were no other variables. I'll eat my hat if the ZEM
> > in LoIo is 60.
> >
> > (I'd have to borrow a hat, but you get my point).
> >
> > However, since neither of us have hard technical data I suggest we
> > both have some cake :)
>

> One thing I have noticed over the years is that undeads seem to give
> more
> exp than live mobs, even in the same zone. If your killing in SK, then
> your killing the aviaks, centaurs or for most players the gnolls
> outside paw. In LOiO a good % of the mobs are undead so they could be
> the reason your seeing more exp gain on the lake zone.

Undead mobs give no more xp than any other mob of the same level in the
same zone. If you are seeing a difference, it's due to either level or
zone.

Graeme Faelban

Aug 11, 2004, 10:00:43 AM8/11/04
"Lief" <ask.m...@it.com> wrote in

Mob xp is level based. For them to give more xp, they'd have to be
higher level.

Lief

Aug 11, 2004, 1:24:45 PM8/11/04

"Graeme Faelban" <Richar...@netscape.net> wrote in message

> > Well, it could be a 60ZEM, but the mobs themselves could be worth more
> > exp per kill.
> >

> Mob xp is level based. For them to give more xp, they'd have to be
> higher level.

Hmm so every level 40 mob has the same XP value? (not taking ZEM into
account).

Tony Evans

Aug 11, 2004, 12:58:01 PM8/11/04

Yes (assuming what was, still is, but since it's a pretty fundamental
aspect of the game, it's likely it still is that way)

Every single 40th level mob is worth exactly the same amount of base raw
experience points.

How much your share of that is, is then based on a complex set of modifiers
(your level, the ZEM, race/class modifiers, group modifiers, et. al.)

--
Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)

Recommended Author : Stan Nicholls [http://www.stannicholls.com]

He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Meet the wife : http://www.darkstorm.org/grete

Graeme Faelban

Aug 11, 2004, 1:30:29 PM8/11/04
"Lief" <ask.m...@it.com> wrote in news:xDsSc.1687$7E3.1631@newsfe5-
gui.ntli.net:

Yes.

Lance Berg

Aug 11, 2004, 1:35:05 PM8/11/04

Lief wrote:

Yes, every level 40 mob has the same XP value, regardless of zone or
type of mob. The XP you get from a mob is then modified by a factor
based on its level relative to your level, by how many people are in
your group, and by the ZEM, which is the Zone Experience Modifier.

Adding to the complexity is the fact that most mobs come in a range of
levels, so that even in a single zone you may find two mobs with the
same name, one blue to you and the other red. Of course if you were a
little higher level, both would con blue to you... yet to get blue/red
they have to be at least one level below and three levels above you
respectively, so a minimum 4 level range.

Grage

Graeme Faelban

Aug 11, 2004, 2:18:25 PM8/11/04
Lance Berg <emp...@dejazzd.com> wrote in news:MdCdnQjxDINWxYfcRVn-
j...@dejazzd.com:

In addition, the xp is also modified by your race, and class (warrior and
rogue only now as I recall).

Lance Berg

Aug 11, 2004, 2:55:39 PM8/11/04

Graeme Faelban wrote:

> In addition, the xp is also modified by your race, and class (warrior and
> rogue only now as I recall).

Oddly I think its modified for some other classes and then the modifier
is fixed, instead of it simply being eliminated. Or maybe thats been
changed, and at any rate I think the point was that there would be no
difference between the two.

As I recall, the difference showed up when you died, in that different
classes would get different death penalties in some levels.

Graeme Faelban

Aug 11, 2004, 4:00:47 PM8/11/04
Lance Berg <emp...@dejazzd.com> wrote in

I could be wrong, but, I believe warrior and rogue still get a class
bonus, the class penalties were removed. Doesn't much matter how they
ended up removing them, the net result is that they are gone as far as
killing mobs is concerned. Could well be there is a death penalty
difference still, I don't honestly know.