Wolf faction?

1 view

Paul V

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
I meant to post this a while back...

A few weeks ago a newbie was having trouble with a wolf in Kithicor. I
healed him and he killed the wolf. I then see the message "Your faction
with wolf has gotten worse"...whoa! When did they add this in? I am a
ranger so I don't ever kill wolves unless it means saving the life of a
fellow adventurer (which is what I did). Since there is now a wolf
faction...is there any way that I can raise it? I've only help kill
about 5 wolves and 1 grizzly bear in my entire 25 levels so it may not
be a problem but it is still good to know.

Paulelven Bearlore
Level 25 Ranger, Tunare

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

drocket

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
On Fri, 01 Oct 1999 00:04:28 GMT, Paul V <pau...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>I meant to post this a while back...
>
>A few weeks ago a newbie was having trouble with a wolf in Kithicor. I
>healed him and he killed the wolf. I then see the message "Your faction
>with wolf has gotten worse"...whoa! When did they add this in? I am a
>ranger so I don't ever kill wolves unless it means saving the life of a
>fellow adventurer (which is what I did). Since there is now a wolf
>faction...is there any way that I can raise it? I've only help kill
>about 5 wolves and 1 grizzly bear in my entire 25 levels so it may not
>be a problem but it is still good to know.

Kithicor Forest is, well, wierd. There's a few strage factions there
that don't really seem to be fully implemented. Wolf is one of them,
along with Giant Bat and Firebeetle. They've always been there, at
least since release. They don't really seem to do anything, so I
wouldn't worry about it.

Xenomorph

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
There is factions with a lot of animals in Kithicor..

You could get lower faction with 'FireBeetle' in there.. Wolf is just
another faction that can go down I guess.

--

Xegony:
Druid, Kiwi - Level 18

Rallos Zek:
Wizard, Kaldina - Level 5

WebMaster - http://xenomorph.net
Guild Leader - Seekers of Lore - Xegony Server

Paul V <pau...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> I meant to post this a while back...
>
> A few weeks ago a newbie was having trouble with a wolf in Kithicor. I
> healed him and he killed the wolf. I then see the message "Your faction
> with wolf has gotten worse"...whoa! When did they add this in? I am a
> ranger so I don't ever kill wolves unless it means saving the life of a
> fellow adventurer (which is what I did). Since there is now a wolf
> faction...is there any way that I can raise it? I've only help kill
> about 5 wolves and 1 grizzly bear in my entire 25 levels so it may not
> be a problem but it is still good to know.

Greg

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
Rangers and Druids will loose faction if they attack or help some one being
attacked by wolfs or bears, even if you're just healing the person getting
attacked. From what I understand if you loose to much faction from doing
this you will be KOS at your guild. If some one know this for sure please
tell me. One reason why I shy from grouping with people other than Druids
or Rangers (I'm a Druid) is because bears and wolfs will attack every one
else but a Ranger or Druid on site.

Thanks,
Greg

Paul V

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
No the only bears that would get you KOS that I know of are the bears
of Surefall...which would only effect the rangers there. It won't
effect Faydark's champions though. An hour or so in Blackburrow can fix
this.

In article <kX3J3.349$Wy2....@news.uswest.net>,

meea

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
I kill wolfs all the time.. I have never had a problem.. IF there is some
new faction hit I'll keep my eye out. Not that I need the guild anymore..
ehheh (unless they add something later)

For all you roleplayers heheh : I don't consider druid different then
indians of america. I kill the wolf to make clothes. If it would let me eat
the meat I would.

Meea - 1st Circle of hell (30th) - Mithanial Marr

drocket

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
On Fri, 1 Oct 1999 07:58:49 -0700, "Greg" <grog...@uswest.net> wrote:

>Rangers and Druids will loose faction if they attack or help some one being
>attacked by wolfs or bears, even if you're just healing the person getting
>attacked. From what I understand if you loose to much faction from doing
>this you will be KOS at your guild. If some one know this for sure please
>tell me. One reason why I shy from grouping with people other than Druids
>or Rangers (I'm a Druid) is because bears and wolfs will attack every one
>else but a Ranger or Druid on site.

The only animals that have faction are the ones in Kithicor, and even
then I think that its completely broken. You can kill as many wolves
and bears as you like, as long as its not the bears in Surefall. It
doesn't matter to your guild, or to the other animals.

Xenomorph

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
this is cute..

have you EVER played a Ranger or Druid?

do you KNOW anyone who has ever played a Ranger or Druid

do you even have EverQuest? because what you're talking about doesnt sound
like the game i play..

there is no faction with wolves and bears..

heck, with my Druid, starting at level 1 i attacked almost nothing but
wolves... (starting in Kelethin).. Druids get *wolf/bear/animal only*
Offensive spells, designed to kill/harm/mame/etc these creatures you say
give bad faction..

--

Xegony:
Druid, Kiwi - Level 18

Ranger, Dondie - Level 12

Necromancer, Epsilon - Level 5
Magician, Xenomorpheus - Level 6

Rallos Zek:
Wizard, Kaldina - Level 5

WebMaster - http://xenomorph.net
Guild Leader - Seekers of Lore - Xegony Server

Greg <grog...@uswest.net> wrote in message

Mark Lambert

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
It's cool for you to think of Druids as native americans, but Druids are
more likely based on, well, Druids. Druids were, and are, a real thing and
the Druidic belief system can be researched by studying ancient European
history. The Druids are the guys who built Stonehenge and, to my
understanding, revered nature above all else. I personally don't think a
Druid would kill animals for anything other than the *most* basic
necessities (meaning a Druid wouldn't kill 50,000 wolves to make clothing at
a profit, just enough to make one simple outfit for themselves)

Incidentally, I think you *can* eat wolf meat; you just can't eat it raw. I
believe that, much like a native american, you have to learn how to cook it.

meea <oes...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Brent Burkholder

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99

Xenomorph <xeno...@NOSPAMdarkcastle.com> wrote in message

> this is cute..
>
> have you EVER played a Ranger or Druid?
>
> do you KNOW anyone who has ever played a Ranger or Druid
>
> do you even have EverQuest? because what you're talking about
doesnt sound
> like the game i play..

The area doesn't sound like the area you know...

> there is no faction with wolves and bears..
>
> heck, with my Druid, starting at level 1 i attacked almost nothing
but
> wolves... (starting in Kelethin).. Druids get *wolf/bear/animal
only*
> Offensive spells, designed to kill/harm/mame/etc these creatures
you say
> give bad faction..

In Kithicor, they DO. Not that I'm convinced that the factions mean
anything, but they were starting to play around with some idea or
other. :)

Bellana Majere

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
Quick thing from a Druid. Might be just me nitpicking, so feel free
to disregard. ;)

Actually, IRL, Druids are more than happy to kill wolves, animals,
whathave you. Balance, as is often spoken of in the rp side of druids
on EQ, is indeed a high part of this. Respect nature always, and give
thanks and use what you take, but there's no sense in avoiding it
altogether, from the true Druidic standpoint.

Quick side note: Not getting into the Stonehenge thing, because
that's always been one of "The Druids did it." "No, it was before the
Druids." "No, the Druids did it." One day I'll make it there and
just ask the stones.. I still wonder why no one's ever done that..

But, in their time, they were healers, judges (this was a large part
of their function), lorekeepers, and, of course, "holy people", though
for them, this was more of a paradigm than anything else. They were
simply another aspect of society (and one of the highest ones, in
Celtic history).

And yes, you can eat wolf meat if you have baking.. Wolf sandwiches,
steaks, and Beer Braised Wolf. are the recipies I have offhand.

- Tarania

Lady Bellana Majere
High Priestess of the Celidonic Order of Druids - Phoenix Grove