Is there a market for fletched arrows?

Androck

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

Hi everybody.

I have started fletching since the last patch, because I found out that the
range on the generic arrows was so bad. I can now make arrows with damage 1,
range 125, which seems to me to be a great range.... I can hit bixies I can
barely see.

So, what I want to know is.....

(on Erollsi Marr)
Is there anywhere I should go to sell these arrows? What should I be
charging? Do I need to make even better arrows before players will buy them?
I have tried auctioning arrows in a few zones, with generally poor results.

Are all archers fletching their own?

Thanks,

Androck

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:30:10 -0300, "Androck" <awarman@@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

|I have started fletching since the last patch, because I found out that the
|range on the generic arrows was so bad. I can now make arrows with damage 1,
|range 125, which seems to me to be a great range.... I can hit bixies I can
|barely see.

They changed store-bought and summoned arrows precisely so that the
fletched ones would be worth having. Prior to this I would not have even
thought of selling arrows. Even now, there does not seem to be too much of a
market; every once in a while I hear somone ask for arrows. Usually I tell
them the location of the nearest NPC supplier and they go buy them. Last
night, a Troll (KOS to local vendors) was asking for arrows, and I offered to
fletch Class 2 Wood Points (DAM 1, RNG 100, basically what the store-bought
ones used to be) for 4 gp a stack. He bought eight stacks, and insisted on
paying 5 pp for them too.

I imagine that the bulk of the serious archers pick up enough Fletching to
do their own Class 1 Wood Points. That Troll also wanted to buy a Fletching
Kit off me; I directed him to the Centaur Village in South Karanas instead
(I'm pretty sure Meadowgreen will sell to anyone.) Arrows better than Class 2
Wood Points are very likely not worth using, since they get expensive fast and
the improvements are marginal.

Dennis F. Heffernan EQ: Venture Fletcher(E'ci) dfra...@email.com
Montclair State U #include <disclaim.h> ICQ:9154048 CompSci/Philosophy
"There's no easy way to be free."
-- Pete Townshend, "Slip Kid"

Marcus Barnes

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
In article <37e7c664.153811411@news>,

dfra...@email.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) wrote:

> That Troll also wanted to buy a Fletching Kit off me; I directed him
> to the Centaur Village in South Karanas instead

Verant has removed the fletching kits from Oggok, Grobb and Neriak.
That's why he asked for it I bet. Verant gives the evil races arrow
components and yet takes away the fletching kits. The only decent reason
I can think of for them to do this is to give evil bowyers who worked so
hard without arrows a chance to recoupe some money.

/ooc Ullik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Suineko

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Marcus Barnes <marcus_...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>In article <37e7c664.153811411@news>,
> dfra...@email.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) wrote:
>>
>> That Troll also wanted to buy a Fletching Kit off me; I directed him
>> to the Centaur Village in South Karanas instead
>
>Verant has removed the fletching kits from Oggok, Grobb and Neriak.
>That's why he asked for it I bet. Verant gives the evil races arrow
>components and yet takes away the fletching kits. The only decent reason
>I can think of for them to do this is to give evil bowyers who worked so
>hard without arrows a chance to recoupe some money.
>
>/ooc Ullik

Or to give evil fletchers a questable achievement, much like getting
the enchant metal range of spells....?

I know if I saw a new troll fletching now I'd be damn impressed ;)

Luv,

Sui

Master Fletcher, maker of bows and other sproingy things

George Ruof

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
Marcus Barnes <marcus_...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>Verant has removed the fletching kits from Oggok, Grobb and Neriak.
>That's why he asked for it I bet. Verant gives the evil races arrow
>components and yet takes away the fletching kits. The only decent reason
>I can think of for them to do this is to give evil bowyers who worked so
>hard without arrows a chance to recoupe some money.

You can buy a fletching kit in Grobb at the vendor next to the place
where you buy armor. I don't remember the vendors name though. The kit
was there yesterday when I looked.

--
George Ruof gr...@pacificnet.net
Senior Programmer New World Computing

I am NOT speaking for New World Computing or the 3DO company.

Marcus Barnes

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In article
<83F8A56DE1170D15.D47207F7...@lp.airnews.net>,

gr...@pacificnet.net (George Ruof) wrote:

> You can buy a fletching kit in Grobb at the vendor next to the place
> where you buy armor. I don't remember the vendors name though.
> The kit was there yesterday when I looked.

My character lives in Grobb and I shop at that vendor every day. He no
longer sells the kits. Nor does Prak in Oggok.

Perhaps it is a server specific thing? I play on Rallos Zek.

George Ruof

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Marcus Barnes <marcus_...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>In article
><83F8A56DE1170D15.D47207F7...@lp.airnews.net>,
> gr...@pacificnet.net (George Ruof) wrote:
>>
>> You can buy a fletching kit in Grobb at the vendor next to the place
>> where you buy armor. I don't remember the vendors name though.
>> The kit was there yesterday when I looked.
>
>My character lives in Grobb and I shop at that vendor every day. He no
>longer sells the kits. Nor does Prak in Oggok.
>
>Perhaps it is a server specific thing? I play on Rallos Zek.

Nope, he used to sell the kits but after yesterdays patch he no longer
does. :(

Anyone know where an evil race can pick up a fletching kit?

Jason Rochelle

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
George Ruof wrote:

> Anyone know where an evil race can pick up a fletching kit?

Try the Centaur Village in South Karanas instead (I'm pretty sure

Meadowgreen will sell to anyone.)

--
Jason Rochelle
Replace "nospam" with "HOME" to reply