Ranger Information

Atropos

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
Can anyone tell me what kind of mobs beside bears and wolves I should avoid
killing as a ranger? If I kill lions in the plains will that hurt my
standing in my guild?

Also, can someone give me a good sight with ranger information? I've been to
the usual statistics, eqvault, notcrazy etc.

Thanks,

Atro

Enos

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
Here is my experience: You can (if able) kill any wolf or bear or cat
except for the bears in Surefall Glade. No faction change will occur.
The only thing you have to worry about is that specific NPC's don't see you
in the act. Specifically Holly Windstalker and Cross Treewind in Qeynos
Hills area, and also Treants in Karanas. If similar NPC's exist in Kelethin
area, I don't know who they are.
Never kill creatures with cute names: Scruffy (rat), Frostbite (wolf),
Furball Miller (gnoll), etc.
I know killing Bears and Wolves seems to be outside the Ranger's code of
ethics but occasionally it is necessary. For example, if you are in a
group, one of them will invariably be attacked by a furry animal. You are
obligated to kill it in order to keep your party alive. No penalty.
The only thing I can think of that may change is those animals attitude
toward you. Normally wolves will leave you alone (accept for rabid ones).
If you kill enough, that might change. I don't know, because by the time I
thought I might have killed enough, I was above the level that they would
attack anyway.

Enos, Ranger 14.....still.

Atropos <atropos...@usa.net> wrote in message

Dennis Francis Heffernan

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
On Thu, 27 May 1999 06:22:57 -0400, "Atropos" <atropos...@usa.net> wrote:

|Can anyone tell me what kind of mobs beside bears and wolves I should avoid
|killing as a ranger? If I kill lions in the plains will that hurt my
|standing in my guild?

You can kill the wolves and bears too; just not the ones in Surefall Glade
itself.

|Also, can someone give me a good sight with ranger information? I've been to
|the usual statistics, eqvault, notcrazy etc.

Try heading over to the OneList site and joining the Ranger list. It's
quite active.

Dennis F. Heffernan EQ: Venture (E'ci) dfra...@email.com
Montclair State U #include <disclaim.h> ICQ:9154048 CompSci/Philosophy
"There's no easy way to be free."
-- Pete Townshend, "Slip Kid"

drocket

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
On Thu, 27 May 1999 09:12:16 -0400, "Enos" <Nos...@thankyou.com>
wrote:

>Here is my experience: You can (if able) kill any wolf or bear or cat
>except for the bears in Surefall Glade. No faction change will occur.

Actually, last night I wound up fighting some bears in Kithicor
forest, and when I killed them, my reputation with "bear" went down.
I never saw this before, so I tried killing some in other zones, but
they didn't do it. I thought that it was interesting and should
mention that there apparently IS a bear faction (and a GiantBat
faction.)

Atropos

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
Thanks for all the info!