Brad, what did you do to Fear THIS time

Brandon Mills

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
I'm so glad Brad takes it upon himself to not on forget fixing the
entrance to Fear, but also turning down the armor spawn rate
ridiculously low as well. For your information, although some new items
that are nice drop in Fear now, the armor doesn't seem to drop nearly as
much - as in 3 pieces in the entire ****ing zone yesterday. The new
belts aren't that great. They already upped how tough Draco was too much
for the loot he drops, and they also make it so him and Cazic Thule
don't spawn for a long time. Whats funny is the servers go up and down
so often they never even get a damned CHANCE to spawn.

Why don't you take some time and fix bugs that hurt high level zones /
mobs instead of spending all day plotting how to make the game more
unenjoyable? High level chars aren't exactly happy as it is. We have a
bunch of things to do we can't do because Brad McQuaid's "vision" of
these creatures includes the slaughtering of us all for his amusement
with bugs and server lag.

We have nothing to look forward to anymore. The dev team makes all the
events we have earned up to hellish nightmares. They force us to fight
for loot. Everytime we confront them they give us excuses of new zones
coming, but everytime a new zone is added it never improves the
situation!

This was written in anger. This is a rant, but damn it I have the right
to rant. This type of behavior on Verant's part is uncalled for. To
anyone in EQ hoping for great adventures while being higher level, you
can just forget

[ Begin Mini-Rant GM Complaining

Our GM on Rathe has to be the worst GM in the history of EQ, thanks a
lot for that Brad. ( Yes, I've made multiple complaints with very legit
reasons, but Verant likes to hang on to GMs that don't give a crap )

Example of what she does - Nagafen's corpse disappears on us.The GM
watched the dragon's corpse disappear. So she takes it upon herself to
respawn the Dragon and, instead of killing it herself, let us do the
work again. This took down the zone, and when we relogged in killed us
all - some of us multiple times. To end it, a day later, she says she
didn't OWE us any loot, the dragon was supposed to magically go poof!
Well, gee, thanks for slaughtering us all pretending like you gave a
**** the other day Zatozia, I guess we all just died for your amusement.

Same dragon disappearing act happened with Vox, and a GM came in telling
us that a group of 40 50s with all the ice giants clear, Vox's lair
cleared, and extremely ****ed off, were all lying to him so he couldn't
help with that dragon's loot. We offered logs, screenshots, etc., but
your GMs don't care for player evidence. In EQ, the player is always
lying.

One act that I found amusing as well - a GM respawned ALL of Fear plane
while many people were inside just because a few people wanted it
respawned on OOC.
( With like a 1 minute warning btw, many were AFK because the zone was
cleared )
Well, this killed everyone of course. We petition, as usual. Then
Zatozia tells all the guides NOT to help with corpse recovery because
they WARNED us in OOC they were respawning the zone! Many did not even
see the warning, and only a few agreed to it, but I guess thats ok. We
all got the shaft. A night of corpse recoveries and EXP loss.

End Mini-Rant GM Complaining ]

--

Mills Lifestream
Lvl 50 Cleric - Rathe Server

Darryl

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Damn, what a dick Brad is. =P

Brandon Mills <bmi...@citynet.net> wrote in message

C Long

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Just going to reply about the loot in fear. It's been moved. Possibly to the
Plane of Hate. Not sure if it's up yet, I cannot find the new stone to
activate the spell, nor can I activate any of the "possible" entrances to
the plane of hate. I play on Tunare, and fortunately (and unfortunately) the
GMs do very little for us there, so we have naught to blame them with, nor
rely on them for. When the server went down for the patch, and came back up,
they did spawn Cazic and the Draco for us,but that was while the zone was
full. It was cleared, and the two were killed. Other than that..Vox,
Nagafen..no problems.

As for the GMs on your server, you may want to stop, or have people stop
asking them to do too much. Because when they mess up, or do things that
aren't to your liking, you're bound to get upset. I'd consider a GM
something of a Genie..you can make your wishes..but how it's granted..is up
to the Genie.

demonik...@demonic.com

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
Brandon Mills <bmi...@citynet.net> wrote:
BM: I'm so glad Brad takes it upon himself to not on forget fixing the
BM: entrance to Fear, but also turning down the armor spawn rate
BM: ridiculously low as well. For your information, although some new items
BM: that are nice drop in Fear now, the armor doesn't seem to drop nearly as
BM: much - as in 3 pieces in the entire ****ing zone yesterday. The new

*sigh* Just when I am almost able to go, too...

BM: unenjoyable? High level chars aren't exactly happy as it is. We have a
BM: bunch of things to do we can't do because Brad McQuaid's "vision" of
BM: these creatures includes the slaughtering of us all for his amusement
BM: with bugs and server lag.

I don't mind dying for great loot and a good time. If the drop rate
has been tuned way down, then I would mind dying. A lot. It's a question
of risk vs. reward - if the drop rate has been nerfed, then why the
hell would anyone die multiple times to get nothing out of it?

~*Megwedariel Drakonblayde*~ | <= Council of Darkness =>
Wood Elf Warrior of Kelethin, The Rathe (Level 45)

Scott

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
That's lame that your GM's sucks so much ass. Our head gm on Mithaniel marr
(Brother Xave) is actually quite cool. A group went down to kill Nagafen and
his corpse poofed as well. So Xave went down, soloed nagafen, and let the
people loot him.

> Brandon Mills <bmi...@citynet.net> wrote in message

> > I'm so glad Brad takes it upon himself to not on forget fixing the

> > entrance to Fear, but also turning down the armor spawn rate

> > ridiculously low as well. For your information, although some new items

> > that are nice drop in Fear now, the armor doesn't seem to drop nearly as

> > much - as in 3 pieces in the entire ****ing zone yesterday. The new

> > belts aren't that great. They already upped how tough Draco was too much
> > for the loot he drops, and they also make it so him and Cazic Thule
> > don't spawn for a long time. Whats funny is the servers go up and down
> > so often they never even get a damned CHANCE to spawn.
> >
> > Why don't you take some time and fix bugs that hurt high level zones /
> > mobs instead of spending all day plotting how to make the game more

> > unenjoyable? High level chars aren't exactly happy as it is. We have a

> > bunch of things to do we can't do because Brad McQuaid's "vision" of

> > these creatures includes the slaughtering of us all for his amusement

> > with bugs and server lag.

James Maxton Dexter

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
I want to know does Cazic Thule spawn with Blood Fire? its a 1h slashing
weapon man would i love to have it

John S. Price

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99

James Maxton Dexter <g...@megsinet.net> wrote in message news:fiLT3.688$eh.4...@news.corecomm.net...

> I want to know does Cazic Thule spawn with Blood Fire? its a 1h slashing
> weapon man would i love to have it

Yes, Cazic Thule sometimes spawns Bloodfire. We killed CT on E'ci the other
night and that's the weapon he had. I forget the stats.