Best/Worst PC Names in Norrath?

Justin Bailey

Apr 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/22/00
Greetings.

I want to conduct a poll for the best / worst character names in Norrath!

My opinions for best: (All on Tarew Marr)
Dogtick Indagrass (Ogre Warrior)
Pharmacy (Dark Elf Cleric)
Dingle Berry (Dwarven Warrior?)
Rosieodonnell (Dwarven Cleric)

Worst:
Klith Arsefekker (no idea)

Have fun!

Justin Bailey
- - - - - - - - - - - -
"The road of good intentions is paved with Hell." - Spencer Ante

Dark Tyger

Apr 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/22/00
On 22 Apr 2000 18:02:48 GMT, raysp...@cs.comYUKKspam (Justin Bailey)
wrote:

>Greetings.
>
>I want to conduct a poll for the best / worst character names in Norrath!
>
>My opinions for best: (All on Tarew Marr)
>Dogtick Indagrass (Ogre Warrior)
>Pharmacy (Dark Elf Cleric)
>Dingle Berry (Dwarven Warrior?)
>Rosieodonnell (Dwarven Cleric)
>
>Worst:
>Klith Arsefekker (no idea)
>
>Have fun!

All of those names should have been either blocked by the name filter
or changed by GMs... (Although, I do find "Pharmacy" a fitting, though
unrealistic, name for a cleric. ;) )

--
Change "Tyger" to "half" to email me.
=^..^=

A place between time and space, everywhere and nowhere
http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/psychic/876/den.html
Friendly staff, beautiful gaming/chat environment. Check it out!

Ricothecat

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
I'd like to submit a name from the Tunare Server Fargin Bastage (Woodelf
Warrior)

Patrick E. Hughes

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
>I'd like to submit a name from the Tunare Server Fargin Bastage (Woodelf
>Warrior)

OK, that's the best one so far!

The worst I have seen:

Nigguh
Raytheon

The best:

a husband/wife team of hobbits called
Sunlite and Moonlite

Justin Bailey

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
Very cool names so far, especially Fargin and the Sunlite Moonlite team...

Let's hear your thoughts on others!

Matt Frisch

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
On Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:35:07 GMT, Patrick E. Hughes
<fresh...@earthlink.net> scribed into the ether:

>>I'd like to submit a name from the Tunare Server Fargin Bastage (Woodelf
>>Warrior)
>
>OK, that's the best one so far!

It is also blatantly ripped off from the movie "Johnny Dangerously"...good
movie, but I'd petition the name in a heartbeat.

It might be passable on an ogre or troll, but not an elf.

Millennium

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
My favorite name in EQ is my own characters' names:

Millennium - paladin high elf
Midnite - magician dark elf

Joseph M Leonard

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
Justin Bailey? Hey, I remember your name was the code to play the female
in Metroid for the original Nintendo. HEH :) anyway, Some funny names:

Breakfast Overeasy (big ogre)
Pettykerry Stealhearter ^_^
Unsquishable Nome
Tomtomtomtom Tomtomtomtom
Bonbonsonson Bonbonsonson

Don't believe me? http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~leonardj/BONBON.JPG

--

Joe
Maelfyn Sinifay 50th ranger Fennin Ro

K. Carr

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
Saw these today on Tunare:

Serveroverloaded
Knotbaad

Hate it when people make names like those when there are so many creative
ways to express yourself without jarring people out of the fantasy realm.
Also saw the name "Whorsong" which I petitioned (thinking of whores every
two seconds while she was shouting to her friends was not a pleasant
experience) but the guide said she was giving her the benefit of the doubt
that it was meant to sound like warsong (she was a bard). Quite frankly, I
don't think the name from the original post (can't remember it at the
moment) should have been forced to change. It was unoffensive, just a
two-word combination. I find Whorsong much more offensive, and the
subjective way they deal with these things is irritating.

Diela
Bard of the Lonely Road
Tunare
"Justin Bailey" <raysp...@cs.comYUKKspam> wrote in message

> Greetings.
>
> I want to conduct a poll for the best / worst character names in Norrath!
>
> My opinions for best: (All on Tarew Marr)
> Dogtick Indagrass (Ogre Warrior)
> Pharmacy (Dark Elf Cleric)
> Dingle Berry (Dwarven Warrior?)
> Rosieodonnell (Dwarven Cleric)
>
> Worst:
> Klith Arsefekker (no idea)
>
> Have fun!

Marcus Ner

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
How about those oh so cryptic backwards names like;
Etanrachtaed
Rellikllort
Deesnomed

Marcus

Oops

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
How about Karvin Marvin? think he's a big axe weilding ogre on the
Bristlebane server...

Robert Scott Clark

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
"K. Carr" <krc...@home.com> wrote:

>Saw these today on Tunare:
>
>Serveroverloaded
>Knotbaad
>
>Hate it when people make names like those when there are so many creative
>ways to express yourself without jarring people out of the fantasy realm.

"Jarring you out of the fantasy realm" ???

There is an NPC in the game named Bait Masterson and you think THESE
names jar you?

Robert Scott Clark

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
Oops <go...@gee.whiz> wrote:

>How about Karvin Marvin? think he's a big axe weilding ogre on the
>Bristlebane server...

This and the "Unsquishable" guy are the only two good names I've seen
in this thread so far.

Gray Eagle

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
I had heard of a Guudy Twoshoes lady paladin on another server.. made me
laff :)

As for worst.. any name that brings memories of the UO kewlios.

Gray Eagle

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
ahh..

..speakin of Trolls an the like..
..our very own on Cazic Thule:

Prissy Whistlewolf
..one of the prettier trolls with that livid scar and hole in her forehead.

-GE

Xenomorph

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
i just took a screenshot recently on Xegony;

"Itchynutsack has defeated Ojaysimpson in a duel to the death!"

(the names may of been spelled a little different i believe)

--

- ICQ: 1372712, AoL/AiM: Silicon18
- http://xenomorph.net

Robert Scott Clark <cla...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

:

Mark A. Rimer

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
There is a gnome warrior twink on E. Marr named Marcellous Wallace.
And he'll throw you out of the Crushbone tower if you give his wife a
foot massage...
;-)

Ray Rocker

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
In article <8e1q05$d82$1...@news.smartworld.net>,

Xenomorph <xenom...@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>i just took a screenshot recently on Xegony;
>
>"Itchynutsack has defeated Ojaysimpson in a duel to the death!"
>
>(the names may of been spelled a little different i believe)

On Tunare I saw "Ojsimpson" defeat "Supremecourt" or something
to that effect.

--
Ray Rocker
roc...@datasync.com

Kadath

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
>On Tunare I saw "Ojsimpson" defeat "Supremecourt" or something
>to that effect.

Irstaxagent has beaten the crap outta Taxreturn on Cazic for the last
few weeks...

Kas

Dark Tyger

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:52:04 GMT, "K. Carr" <krc...@home.com> wrote:

>Saw these today on Tunare:
>
>Serveroverloaded
>Knotbaad
>
>Hate it when people make names like those when there are so many creative
>ways to express yourself without jarring people out of the fantasy realm.

>Also saw the name "Whorsong" which I petitioned (thinking of whores every
>two seconds while she was shouting to her friends was not a pleasant
>experience) but the guide said she was giving her the benefit of the doubt
>that it was meant to sound like warsong (she was a bard). Quite frankly, I
>don't think the name from the original post (can't remember it at the
>moment) should have been forced to change. It was unoffensive, just a
>two-word combination. I find Whorsong much more offensive, and the
>subjective way they deal with these things is irritating.

Yeah, I agree, the names that smash the fantasy atmosphere are a pain,
as much as the blatant ripoffs. Saw two the other day: Reistalin (Gee,
I wonder where he could have come up with that?) and a Halfling by the
name of "Misdy Meener"....

Morgan

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
Justin Bailey wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I want to conduct a poll for the best / worst character names in Norrath!
>
> My opinions for best: (All on Tarew Marr)
> Dogtick Indagrass (Ogre Warrior)
> Pharmacy (Dark Elf Cleric)
> Dingle Berry (Dwarven Warrior?)
> Rosieodonnell (Dwarven Cleric)
>
> Worst:
> Klith Arsefekker (no idea)

I would list all of those as bad names.

I just keep lists of the awful names. Paladins seem to win the
"Unclear on the Concept" award and Clerics seem to be named for
what they do.

On E'Ci:

Paladins: Overfiend, Darkfiend, Holypallie, Pally

Clerics: Doct Holliday, Revbufbox, Antaeusbufbox, Healex,
Drixoral, Drleephd, Healeo, Medico, Medikk, Medykk,
Rezo, Sustainer

Druids: Doctur, Warrhead

Wizards: Darkwiz, Coldwiz, Mastercaster

Enchanters: Enchantar

Wood Elf: Foxe Ladie, Pleybuoy

Erudites: Blackpanther, Darkyas, Ohhjaie

Terrible misspellings: Anialater, Revengeance, Disoray,
Enefable, Exfixiator, Falicity

Shoulda waited for a last name: Lifecrusher, Blindguardian,
Farrwalker, Mistweaver

Just plain awful: Aahloot, Bubblegoose, Cosmicaerith, Fizzleboy,
Jcman, Linainverse

Can't do it just once: Fourteen, Fortyfour, Fubarhh, Fubarr
Ikilal, Onual, Iwinal, Treehuggin, Trehug

Just plain gross: Semien McCloud

Kick your ass: Kikyou, Kikyuu, Kikuras

I rather liked the names Maligned and Incarcerator because I don't
think the people who chose them actually knew what they meant. (Like
a lego kit I once got that made a little robot called "The Alienator".
I'm sure it sounded nice and science fictiony when they came up with it.)

There are too many movie, book, tv and geography references to list
and too many names that start with Shadow, Soul or Star.

--
Morgan
(crossposting all posts to rec.games.computer.everquest)

Xenomorph

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
you play a female no matter what in all Metroid games. the main character is
the same girl in all three Metroids.

the code 'Justin Bailey' just put you really far into the game to which your
space outfit was off...

i say the code only puts you really far in the game because playing the game
normally (without the code) would still result in you playing without your
space suit on..

--

Joseph M Leonard <leon...@emily.oit.umass.edu> wrote in message
: Justin Bailey? Hey, I remember your name was the code to play the female

Patrick E. Hughes

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
I'll stick with my only character on Quellios:

Baaguk

Troll SK

Jim Urban

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
I ran across a guy in Neriak on Druzzil Ro last night with the name of
Nhutsac.

Jim
Tranquillado - 9th lvl SK Druzzil Ro

"Justin Bailey" <raysp...@cs.comYUKKspam> wrote in message

> Greetings.
>
> I want to conduct a poll for the best / worst character names in Norrath!
>
> My opinions for best: (All on Tarew Marr)
> Dogtick Indagrass (Ogre Warrior)
> Pharmacy (Dark Elf Cleric)
> Dingle Berry (Dwarven Warrior?)
> Rosieodonnell (Dwarven Cleric)
>
> Worst:
> Klith Arsefekker (no idea)

Jeremy Music

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
Morgan <mor...@misleading.com> wrote:

>Clerics: Rezo

>There are too many movie, book, tv and geography references to list
>and too many names that start with Shadow, Soul or Star.

Rezo the Red Priest (Anime reference). Probably should be petitioned, but
isn't particularly popular in the US.

Related, I was using rezo long before Rezo the Red Priest was thought of.
:)

(My 'rezo' is a purposeful misspelling of 'zero.' Translation: "less than
zero")
Wyld Knight - wyld.qx.net 3333
http://wyld.qx.net/~rezo
re...@lords.com

Michael V Morris

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
I have a screenshot of Raistlin and Fistandantillus (not sure of spelling)
standing together outside of BlackBurrow. 8) Raistlin probably wasn't having
a good time though, he was PVP...

Verdeson
19th Ranger of the Nameless

Dark Tyger <dark...@mindspring.com> wrote:

: Yeah, I agree, the names that smash the fantasy atmosphere are a pain,

toni fruia

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
Ok... Rodcet Nife Server... LMAO ROTFL anon character, I think a
druid...thought it was damn funny but totally not like y'know "realistic".
Not sure if she got nerfed by the Thought Police yet, last time I saw this
character was last December.

Kay Anders

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00

Morgan wrote:

> Clerics: Doct Holliday, Revbufbox, Antaeusbufbox, Healex,
> Drixoral, Drleephd, Healeo, Medico, Medikk, Medykk,
> Rezo, Sustainer

Susatainer makes sense to me... Most of those others are just sorta lame, with
Dirxoral being baaaaaaaad.

> Wood Elf: Foxe Ladie, Pleybuoy
>
> Erudites: Blackpanther, Darkyas, Ohhjaie

I can't believe none of these haven't been petitioned yet.

> Just plain awful: Aahloot, Bubblegoose, Cosmicaerith, Fizzleboy,
> Jcman, Linainverse

I don't understand the Linainverse... "Line In A Verse?" What'm I missing? :D

Jerry The Cow

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
"Kay Anders" <k...@red-star.net.hates.spam> wrote in message

> Morgan wrote:
> > Just plain awful: Aahloot, Bubblegoose, Cosmicaerith, Fizzleboy,
> > Jcman, Linainverse
>
> I don't understand the Linainverse... "Line In A Verse?" What'm I
missing? :D

Lina Inverse is the lead character in "Slayers", a popular anime
series.

The good thing about Veeshan is that you can pick out the
Japanese players by looking at their names. Almost without
fail, they are either the name of an anime character, or reference
to one. Only seen a few japanese players with names I don't
recognize from Ah! My Goddess or Ranma 1/2, etc.

-Manlaven

Tony Kwan

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
What about:

Dontask ForClarity on Rallos Zek.

"Jim Urban" <jimu...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Jasin

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
I personally like mine =)

Supafli Pimpadelic
Level 51 Wizard

Dont ya just love the name filter =)

"Jerry The Cow" <leigh1*@hfx.andara.com> wrote in message

Shadjakin Shadowheart

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
I have seen some bad Erudite ones recently.

Blacula (and not even a necro - come on people. That is like all those
Gandalfs out there who are warriors or the Aragorn's who are Mages.)

Neegah (gee, what was he thinking?)

Bah!

/petition

Shadjakin Shadowheart
Erollisi Marr

"Kay Anders" <k...@red-star.net.hates.spam> wrote in message

> Morgan wrote:
>

> > Clerics: Doct Holliday, Revbufbox, Antaeusbufbox, Healex,
> > Drixoral, Drleephd, Healeo, Medico, Medikk, Medykk,
> > Rezo, Sustainer
>
> Susatainer makes sense to me... Most of those others are just sorta lame,
with
> Dirxoral being baaaaaaaad.
>
> > Wood Elf: Foxe Ladie, Pleybuoy
> >
> > Erudites: Blackpanther, Darkyas, Ohhjaie
>
> I can't believe none of these haven't been petitioned yet.

James Grahame

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00

"Patrick E. Hughes" wrote:

> The best:
>
> a husband/wife team of hobbits called
> Sunlite and Moonlite

Have that beat. Husband and wife team of halflings, Boni and Klyde.

James

Steve Lamb

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
leigh1*@hfx.andara.com (Jerry The Cow) wrote in
<2ppN4.117$8X3....@sapphire.mtt.net>:

>The good thing about Veeshan is that you can pick out the
>Japanese players by looking at their names. Almost without
>fail, they are either the name of an anime character, or reference
>to one. Only seen a few japanese players with names I don't
>recognize from Ah! My Goddess or Ranma 1/2, etc.

Sooooo, if you saw the name of my next character (Grey d'Miyu) you'd
think I was Japanese? :)

--
Steve C. Lamb | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
ICQ: 5107343 | main connection to the switchboard of souls.

Jerry The Cow

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
"Steve Lamb" <morp...@despair.rpglink.com> wrote in message

> Sooooo, if you saw the name of my next character (Grey d'Miyu) you'd
> think I was Japanese? :)

Or at least slightly more cultured than "Tinky Winky".

You might want to make sure that name's still available. I'd
be most surprised.

-Manlaven

K. Carr

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
In a human realm, a fisherman with the nickname "Bait" is not inappropriate.

Kellee

"Robert Scott Clark" <cla...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> "K. Carr" <krc...@home.com> wrote:
>
> >Saw these today on Tunare:
> >
> >Serveroverloaded
> >Knotbaad
> >
> >Hate it when people make names like those when there are so many creative
> >ways to express yourself without jarring people out of the fantasy realm.
>

> "Jarring you out of the fantasy realm" ???
>
> There is an NPC in the game named Bait Masterson and you think THESE
> names jar you?
>

> >Also saw the name "Whorsong" which I petitioned (thinking of whores every
> >two seconds while she was shouting to her friends was not a pleasant
> >experience) but the guide said she was giving her the benefit of the
doubt
> >that it was meant to sound like warsong (she was a bard). Quite frankly,

> >don't think the name from the original post (can't remember it at the
> >moment) should have been forced to change. It was unoffensive, just a
> >two-word combination. I find Whorsong much more offensive, and the
> >subjective way they deal with these things is irritating.
> >

> >Diela
> >Bard of the Lonely Road
> >Tunare

demonik...@demonic.com

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00

RSC: "K. Carr" <krc...@home.com> wrote:

>>Saw these today on Tunare:
>>
>>Serveroverloaded
>>Knotbaad
>>
>>Hate it when people make names like those when there are so many creative
>>ways to express yourself without jarring people out of the fantasy realm.

RSC: "Jarring you out of the fantasy realm" ???

Not to mention "Wellina Fargin" in Fironia Vie. Amazing how the
name Police didn't want to nerf her. =D

~*Megwedariel Cryoslayer*~ | Champion, The Rathe (Level 51)
~*Catya Nepenthe*~ | Cleric, The Rathe (Level 25)
<= Crusaders of Plilo => | Motto: Tanks do it better.

Ricothecat

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
I play on Tunare under the name Fargin Bastage... and I don't get the Wellina
joke (sorry) can someone explain?

Jesse Robetoy

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
theres a guy on bertox named madlag

Morgan <mor...@misleading.com> wrote in message

> Justin Bailey wrote:
> >
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I want to conduct a poll for the best / worst character names in
Norrath!

> > My opinions for best: (All on Tarew Marr)
> > Dogtick Indagrass (Ogre Warrior)
> > Pharmacy (Dark Elf Cleric)
> > Dingle Berry (Dwarven Warrior?)
> > Rosieodonnell (Dwarven Cleric)
> >
> > Worst:
> > Klith Arsefekker (no idea)
>

> I would list all of those as bad names.
>
> I just keep lists of the awful names. Paladins seem to win the
> "Unclear on the Concept" award and Clerics seem to be named for
> what they do.
>
> On E'Ci:
>
> Paladins: Overfiend, Darkfiend, Holypallie, Pally
>

> Clerics: Doct Holliday, Revbufbox, Antaeusbufbox, Healex,
> Drixoral, Drleephd, Healeo, Medico, Medikk, Medykk,
> Rezo, Sustainer
>

> Druids: Doctur, Warrhead
>
> Wizards: Darkwiz, Coldwiz, Mastercaster
>
> Enchanters: Enchantar
>

> Wood Elf: Foxe Ladie, Pleybuoy
>
> Erudites: Blackpanther, Darkyas, Ohhjaie
>

> Terrible misspellings: Anialater, Revengeance, Disoray,
> Enefable, Exfixiator, Falicity
>
> Shoulda waited for a last name: Lifecrusher, Blindguardian,
> Farrwalker, Mistweaver
>

> Just plain awful: Aahloot, Bubblegoose, Cosmicaerith, Fizzleboy,
> Jcman, Linainverse
>

> Can't do it just once: Fourteen, Fortyfour, Fubarhh, Fubarr
> Ikilal, Onual, Iwinal, Treehuggin, Trehug
>
> Just plain gross: Semien McCloud
>
> Kick your ass: Kikyou, Kikyuu, Kikuras
>
> I rather liked the names Maligned and Incarcerator because I don't
> think the people who chose them actually knew what they meant. (Like
> a lego kit I once got that made a little robot called "The Alienator".
> I'm sure it sounded nice and science fictiony when they came up with it.)
>

> There are too many movie, book, tv and geography references to list
> and too many names that start with Shadow, Soul or Star.

Robert Scott Clark

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
"K. Carr" <krc...@home.com> wrote:

>In a human realm, a fisherman with the nickname "Bait" is not inappropriate.

Bait Masterson. Masterbate. It is not a hard link to make.

>Kellee
>
>"Robert Scott Clark" <cla...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

>> "K. Carr" <krc...@home.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Saw these today on Tunare:
>> >
>> >Serveroverloaded
>> >Knotbaad
>> >
>> >Hate it when people make names like those when there are so many creative
>> >ways to express yourself without jarring people out of the fantasy realm.
>>

>> "Jarring you out of the fantasy realm" ???
>>

>> There is an NPC in the game named Bait Masterson and you think THESE
>> names jar you?
>>

>> >Also saw the name "Whorsong" which I petitioned (thinking of whores every
>> >two seconds while she was shouting to her friends was not a pleasant
>> >experience) but the guide said she was giving her the benefit of the
>doubt
>> >that it was meant to sound like warsong (she was a bard). Quite frankly,

>> >don't think the name from the original post (can't remember it at the
>> >moment) should have been forced to change. It was unoffensive, just a
>> >two-word combination. I find Whorsong much more offensive, and the
>> >subjective way they deal with these things is irritating.
>> >
>> >Diela
>> >Bard of the Lonely Road
>> >Tunare
>> >"Justin Bailey" <raysp...@cs.comYUKKspam> wrote in message

>Norrath!

Jeremy Music

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
Ricothecat <ricot...@aol.com> wrote:
>I play on Tunare under the name Fargin Bastage... and I don't get the Wellina
>joke (sorry) can someone explain?

Her, and her brother/husband? are a take off of Wells Fargo, a large and
historic bank.

K. Carr

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
Well, christ, that connection never crossed my mind! What is obvious to you
is not so obvious to others, unless of course you go looking for that sort
of thing.

I bet you're the same kind of guy that goes impersonating girls in lesbian
chat rooms. (Like my husband does, lol)

Kellee

"Robert Scott Clark" <cla...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Robert Scott Clark

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
"K. Carr" <krc...@home.com> wrote:

>Well, christ, that connection never crossed my mind! What is obvious to you
>is not so obvious to others, unless of course you go looking for that sort
>of thing.
>
>I bet you're the same kind of guy that goes impersonating girls in lesbian
>chat rooms. (Like my husband does, lol)
>
>Kellee

The whole thing is, people who complain about names stretch
interpretations. They say "look just change three vowels, and reverse
the name and it is phonetically spelled like a character in a comic
that went out of print 45 years ago."

Do I object to Bait Masterson? Nope, I thought it was a pretty funny
pun. But I haven't objected to any name I have seen anywhere in game
or in these groups, it's just that to me "Bait" is a hell of a lot
more obvious that some guy whose name is spelled like someone trying
to say vagina with a french accent. I think it's pretty silly for the
designers to put these things in for fun, and then to claim (along
with some anal retentive players) that it ruins the game when players
do it.

Personally I would rather see some creative funny names than another
braaeareathoraetolasa - or whatever else these vowel-fetishists come
up with.

UOAvatar

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
Hey... I'm not too sure I like this picking on names thing...
Bugcake Fullbelly 31st Druid Rodcet Nife

Morgan wrote in message <3904E292...@misleading.com>...

>Justin Bailey wrote:
>>
>> Greetings.
>>
>> I want to conduct a poll for the best / worst character names in Norrath!
>>
>> My opinions for best: (All on Tarew Marr)
>> Dogtick Indagrass (Ogre Warrior)
>> Pharmacy (Dark Elf Cleric)
>> Dingle Berry (Dwarven Warrior?)
>> Rosieodonnell (Dwarven Cleric)
>>
>> Worst:
>> Klith Arsefekker (no idea)

UOAvatar

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
Don't Forget Golden Boy
Jerry The Cow wrote in message <2ppN4.117$8X3....@sapphire.mtt.net>...

>"Kay Anders" <k...@red-star.net.hates.spam> wrote in message
>>
>> Morgan wrote:
>> > Just plain awful: Aahloot, Bubblegoose, Cosmicaerith, Fizzleboy,
>> > Jcman, Linainverse
>>
>> I don't understand the Linainverse... "Line In A Verse?" What'm I
>missing? :D
>
>Lina Inverse is the lead character in "Slayers", a popular anime
>series.
>
>The good thing about Veeshan is that you can pick out the
>Japanese players by looking at their names. Almost without
>fail, they are either the name of an anime character, or reference
>to one. Only seen a few japanese players with names I don't
>recognize from Ah! My Goddess or Ranma 1/2, etc.
>
>-Manlaven

schodtsl

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00
How about my Gnome Warrior

Gnick Gnackpaddywhack

I get more DOH!'s on this name than anything I have seen. :)

"UOAvatar" <UOAv...@email.msn.com> wrote in message

> >Just plain awful: Aahloot, Bubblegoose, Cosmicaerith, Fizzleboy,
> > Jcman, Linainverse

darry...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2019, 8:49:08 AM1/2/19
hah.. this is funny (talk about resurrecting an old thread :) ). i played the "bufbox" characters. Revbufbox was a cleric, but Antaeusbufbox was a paladin. I also had 4-5 other bufbox characters. The bufbox name came from a personal nickname and i used it in EQ. man.... i miss the game and community of EQ.