Gravity Flux Bug [concerning Wizards]

Lan

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
I recently bought a copy of the Lv 44 Wizard spell Gravity Flux from an
Enchanter who researched the spell.
on the spell it states that it is Enchanter only and that I can not use it.
Well according to the Wizard group im in contact with, it will work fine
despite it saying i cant.
So this is a heads up to the Wizards out there, you can get an Enchanter to
research it and even tho it says you cant use it, you more than likely can.
Vanya Terra'Null - Quellious

Gordon Wrinn

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
Lan <la...@fundy.net> wrote in message

There's actually two different scrolls for that spell. The one researched
with wizard components using their book, and the one researched with
enchanter components in their book. You'll need to have the correct one in
order to inscribe it.

-Gordon

Gordon Wrinn
Internet Relations Manager
Verant Interactive, Inc.
www.verant.com - www.everquest.com

Dorian Brytestar

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
Were you able to mem it and cast it?

--
Dorian Brytestar
Lvl 48 High Elf Cleric of Tunare

:
:

Lan

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
I took the one that the Enchanter gave me and memmed it easy. It said Enc
[no Wiz] but it meant nothing. So i did not need to get a Wizard [or myself]
to research a Wizard version.

guess its back to the books for you eh? =)

Vanya Terra'Null - Quellious

"Gordon Wrinn" <gwr...@verant.com> wrote in message

> Lan <la...@fundy.net> wrote in message
> > I recently bought a copy of the Lv 44 Wizard spell Gravity Flux from an
> > Enchanter who researched the spell.
> > on the spell it states that it is Enchanter only and that I can not use
> it.
> > Well according to the Wizard group im in contact with, it will work fine
> > despite it saying i cant.
> > So this is a heads up to the Wizards out there, you can get an Enchanter
> > research it and even tho it says you cant use it, you more than likely
> can.
> > Vanya Terra'Null - Quellious

Sean

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
Comments below...

--
Sean S. -:- ICQ: 1826323
Zap small files with Zap `Em - http://home.rochester.rr.com/zapem

Gordon Wrinn wrote in message ...

>Lan <la...@fundy.net> wrote in message

>There's actually two different scrolls for that spell. The one researched

>with wizard components using their book, and the one researched with
>enchanter components in their book. You'll need to have the correct one in
>order to inscribe it.
>
>-Gordon

That is silly. Why have two when you can do it in one? Is there a reason
behind making both classes research the SAME spell but not make them
interchangeable? A wizard can research Levitate and sell it to a druid or
enchanter.

Lan

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
Read my above post.
Gordo is wrong. Wizards can scribe the spell even tho it stats that only Enc
can.

Vanya Terra'Null

"Sean" <NO....@WILL.SEE.THIS> wrote in message

Bendik Simonsen

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
"Lan" <la...@fundy.net> wrote in message
> I recently bought a copy of the Lv 44 Wizard spell Gravity Flux from an
> Enchanter who researched the spell.
> on the spell it states that it is Enchanter only and that I can not use
it.
> Well according to the Wizard group im in contact with, it will work fine
> despite it saying i cant.
> So this is a heads up to the Wizards out there, you can get an Enchanter
> research it and even tho it says you cant use it, you more than likely
can.

Yes, interestingly enough, the Enchanter Gravity Flux will scribe into your
book at level 49, as opposed to the Wizard Gravity Flux which scribes at 44.
Haven't checked when enchanters can scribe the wizard Flux.

Still, Gravity Flux is more fun than useful. =)

Bendik Simonsen
ben...@ifi.uio.no

George Ruof

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
"Bendik Simonsen" <ben...@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

>Still, Gravity Flux is more fun than useful. =)

There's nothing funnier than watching a hill giant go flying. :)

--
George Ruof
gr...@pacificnet.net

Xekl

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:16:11 -0400, "Lan" <la...@fundy.net> wrote:

>Read my above post.
>Gordo is wrong. Wizards can scribe the spell even tho it stats that only Enc
>can.

Shaddup!!! They believe different and as far as I'm concerned, let
them keep on believing it. :)

Lan

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
The main thing that this proves tho, is that sometimes Gordo has to
check things out for himself instead of reading from the EQ manual or just
pulling an answer out of his ass cuz thats what makes the most sense.

[im not saying you did that Gordon, but that answer you gave me sure
seemed like the good ol EQ PR Propoganda that always is presented to the
players when the PR ppl dont no what to heck is going on. If i offended you,
im sorry. but plz dont insult our intelligence anymore. if you dont no whats
going on, say so and then say your going to check it out personally, or have
someone you trust prove it to you]

Vanya Terra'Null - Quellious

"Xekl" <ray...@bit.csc.lsu.edu> wrote in message

Bendik Simonsen

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
"George Ruof" <gr...@pacificnet.net> wrote in message

> >Still, Gravity Flux is more fun than useful. =)
> There's nothing funnier than watching a hill giant go flying. :)

Or toss other players around. Well ok for enchanters it's slightly useful as
it's the only AE damage spell we get. But for fun factor, with enchanters at
least, it's a blast. With Whirl till you Hurl and Gravity Flux, I'm a
walking amusement park. =) I am trying to find a way to cast them both at
the same time on one target, giving a spinning jump. =) Or maybe a monk
could take a flying kick waay up there and grab a screenie, and tell
everyone 'Look how high I jump!'

You can use it to reach places not normally reached, too.

The possibilities with this spell are endless.

Bendik Simonsen
ben...@ifi.uio.no

Jeremy Music

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
Lan <la...@fundy.net> wrote:
> The main thing that this proves tho, is that sometimes Gordo has to
>check things out for himself instead of reading from the EQ manual or just
>pulling an answer out of his ass cuz thats what makes the most sense.

The _main_ thing this proves is that Gordon doesn't go check things out for
himself. We all know that reading the EQ manual is pointless. Gordon is
told what to say. When he isn't told to say something specific, he is told
to say what would make Verant look best. The problem is, when he is utterly
and completely wrong, it doesn't make Verant look very good at all.

> [im not saying you did that Gordon, but that answer you gave me sure
>seemed like the good ol EQ PR Propoganda that always is presented to the
>players when the PR ppl dont no what to heck is going on.

The PR people don't need to know what is going on. The PR people are told
what to say, and told to make it sound good and to make it sound like they
know what they are doing. That is why they are "PR" people.

>> >Read my above post.
>> >Gordo is wrong. Wizards can scribe the spell even tho it stats that only
>Enc
>> >can.
>>
>> Shaddup!!! They believe different and as far as I'm concerned, let
>> them keep on believing it. :)

I agree. When they fix it you won't even be able to scribe spells you
research yourself for two weeks while they work out their "fix".
(I'll take bets on it).

Wyld Knight - wyld.qx.net 3333
http://wyld.qx.net/~rezo
re...@lords.com