New patch info (its a biggie)

BB

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
January 20th, 7:00am --------------------
*Announcements*

The Plane of Sky is now open!!! As a reminder to our customers, the
alternate planes of reality do not necessarily follow the same
physical or ethereal rules as Norrath proper. Enjoy!

Today is patch day! The EverQuest servers have been patched with the
following changes:

*General Changes / Fixes*

- Some changes have been made to the exit of Nagafen's Lair into the
Lavastorm Mountains. This will hopefully reduce if not solve the bug
that causes people to fall into lava when exiting Nagafen's Lair.
Please let us know how this goes.

- Due to feedback received from the customers concerning the density
of fog during rainstorms, visibility has been increased.

- All drops of steel weapons have been replaced with higher quality
fine-steel weapons of the same type. This change was made to reduce
the amount of new currency coming into the world at the mid-to-upper
levels. The fine-steel weapons are in all cases superior to the steel
weapons that were dropping, they just sell to vendors for less money.

- Casting times have been implemented on several activatable items.
This was done to correct issues that could arise from people
chain-casting these items.

- The safe-point (the point which you return if you fall below the
world) in Kithicor has been moved near the entrance to Rivervale, a
safer part of the zone.

- Corrected a bug that caused AC to be improperly displayed for higher
level characters. Your AC should now reflect all of your items.

Additional Bug Fixes:

- Corrected a bug in the client that could cause a crash if you were
spammed with emotes by someone on your /ignore list.
- Corrected a bug that allowed ships to move faster when disarmed
- Corrected a bug that caused the Aqualung to lose its charges if
dropped on the ground.
- Fire Giants in Nagafen's Lair should now recover properly when stuck
in lava. Consider yourself warned.
- The Instill Doubt skill has been disabled on the PvP servers.

*Spell Changes*

- Shadow Vortex is now a "drain" spell.
- Siphon Strength will now stack with strength buffs and debuffs
- Panic the Dead cast and recast delays have been reduced. In
addition, the spell is less resistable.
- Angstlich's Appalling Screech had its radius increased slightly.
- All Wizard AoE damage and stun spells have had their radius slightly
increased
- Yonder will now interact better with levitate.
- Form of the Great Wolf had its speed component increased.
- Terrorize Animal had its casting time reduced and is less
resistable.
- New magician's spells have been added. Check your spell vendors.
- Reoccurring Amnesia has been made more effective.
- NPCs will now treat the "Cancel Magic" series of spells as hostile.
Previously, NPCs did not mind if players dispelled all of their buffs
before attacking. Now they will. - The Fear and Charm series of spells
now properly notify the caster when they break. No, seriously, we're
certain this time.
- Harmtouch now does more damage beginning at level 41.

*Levitation Changed*

Due to the implementation of casting times on activatable items, the
code that disallowed refreshing of the Levitation spell while it was
active is no longer necessary and has been backed out. The Levitate
spell may now be refreshed while the spell is in use.

*Quests and Items*

- The Armor of Ro should be more obtainable. We will continue to
evaluate and adjust the rarity of other class-specific armor
components to make the pieces obtainable in a reasonable amount of
time.

- We have changed the reward of a newbie quest in the Qeynos area from
a level 49 scroll to a level 1 scroll. The issuance of a level 49
scroll was a typo in the quest data, allowing new characters to amass
an abnormally large amount of currency.

- The stats on the reward for the Rogue Redemption quest have been
increased to make it better than the favorite dropped-weapon for the
level range.

- Ravenscale boots will now drop as frequently as other Ravenscale
items.

- The Mask of Deception may now be equipped by the appropriate races.

*Fletching Update*

All arrows created with the new Silver-Tipped Arrowhead (formerly the
Bladed Arrowhead) are now magical in nature, and may be used versus
magical creatures. All existing items in your possession will
automatically morph into the new magical items. Additionally, each
successful attempt to create magical arrows will yield 10 arrows
instead of the previous 5. As such, the vendor buy-back value has been
decreased accordingly.

*Paw*

The difficulty of Paw has been decreased. We found that many of the
gnolls in the new Paw had too many hitpoints, making the dungeon more
difficult than it should have been for the desired level target.
Please let us know how this change affects the viability of the
dungeon.

*The Plane of Fear*

The item-drop percentages in the Plane of Fear have been increased.
This change was supposed to have occurred in the last patch, however
the data was not exported. It has been tested and equipment drops are
now occurring at a much higher rate.

*The Plane of Hate*

The item-drop percentages on roaming and fast-spawning NPCs in the
Plane of Hate have been decreased. Previously, these NPCs used the
same drop-percentages as the slow-spawning NPCs, causing overall drop
percentages to be extremely high.

Also, the inhabitants of the Plane of Hate no longer fall for
illusions, and tend to "Hate" everyone.

*Monk Enhancement*

A monk's speed in hand-to-hand combat will now improve with level,
beginning in the high 20s. This will result in higher level monks
doing substantially more damage in a given time-frame.

Though this change does increase the power of the average monk, it
should be stressed that the monk is now even more in need of true tank
classes who have the ability to taunt upset creatures off them. We
want to stress that the "taunt factor" of a monks fist has NOT been
increased, though it may appear so due to your increased damage.

*Paladin/Shadowknight Enhancement*

Paladins and Shadowknights now have a higher hitpoints and higher
skill caps on Bash and Taunt.

The additional hitpoints will be noticeable for Paladins and SKs over
level 25. This was done because the Paladins, SKs, and Rangers had the
same HP base, which upon further consideration is not compatible with
our vision of those classes' roles. This change will basically put
Paladin and SK HPs midway (in terms of Hit Points) between rangers and
warriors of the same race.

The taunt skill was increased because SKs, and in particular, Paladins
had difficulty taunting opponents off of Rangers, Monks, Rogues, and
Warriors due to their lower damage output. Though the Paladin and SK
will never equal the warrior in their ability to taunt, this change in
addition to some of the taunting spells should help them become more
effective tanks.

Bash was increased because Paladins typically aren't switching to
two-handed weapons, choosing instead to continue using the bash skill.
Most warriors, being ogres, trolls, or barbarians for the most part,
do not worry about bash and instead opt for slam, which uses the same
skill. Paladins are typically the only characters who use a shield
throughout their lives.

*Rogue Enhancement*

Whenever a rogue is invisible, whether by spell, potion, or skill,
they are now also invisible to undead.

This change was made to add a definite class-advantage to the rogue,
allowing them to do something that no other class could do. It is the
first step in a multi-step process to improve the rogue class.

*Wizard Enhancement*

Level 35 or above wizards will find that their spells (Magic, Cold, or
Fire) much less likely to be resisted. This effect stacks with the
Staff of Temperate Flux and enchanter, shaman, and magician resistance
debuffs.

This change was made to increase the effectiveness of wizards at about
the level that all spell-casting classes start seeing their resistance
rates go up. Wizards specialize in direct magical damage. It makes
sense that they should be better at causing that damage than the other
classes.

*Bard Enhancement*

Bards will now receive the Meditate skill at 10th level. This skill
will be granted automatically the first time a bard zones after
reaching 10th level, and cannot be trained further. It will have the
effect of decreasing the amount of time that it takes a Bard to
memorize their songs. Previously, it would take 50th level bards
upwards of 2 minutes to memorize a song. Now it is much faster.

*Druid Enhancement*

The skill cap on a Druid's tracking skill has been increased. This
change was implemented based upon general public opinion that the
former cap was far too low for the skill to be even marginally viable.

*Feign Death and Pets*

After a serious discussion regarding the Necromancer's Feign Death
tactic, as well as reviewing public opinion on the matter, we have
implemented a change. As we would like everyone to understand why we
feel this change was necessary, here is a summary of the issue:

Problem: Feign death allows you to become an invalid target in all
circumstances, providing offensive tactics that are abusive. For this
ability to remain balanced, the pet should follow the same rules as
invisibility. Offensive tactics used by other classes involve the
creature getting a saving throw verses the effect. Since creatures do
NOT get a direct save verses feign death (as you cast it on yourself),
and since you can retry the combat once you have feigned death, there
is very little risk to necromancer himself. As this tactic involves
charming an NPC and turning it against another NPC, which could be
part of the same spawn, it allows for Necromancers to solo MUCH bigger
rooms than any other class could. This situation is well beyond what
would preserve game balance for any other class (soloing the
Bloodthirsty Ghoul room and Ghoul Lord room, for example).

Example: While there are many examples of how the Necromancer Feign
Death tactic is abusive, one of the most egregious occurs in the Ghoul
Lord room of Lower Guk. The room consists of 2 Bok Ghoul Guards and
the Ghoul Lord himself. Using the current system, a level 50 Necro can
easily solo the room at virtually no risk to himself. The Necro can
get into the room quite easily with Invis To Undead. To clear the room
he uses Screaming Terror on one Bok and Charms the other. When the
Ghoul Lord rushes him, he feigns. The Lord then turns on the charmed
Bok and kills it, taking considerable damage during the fight. The
Necromancer waits until the Ghoul Lord returns to its spawn point.
When the necromancer gets back up, he is in no danger of being
attacked due to the way Feign Death works now. He then charms the 2nd
Bok and Feigns again. The fight goes on and the 2nd Bok is killed.
When the Necromancer gets back up he has a VERY wounded Ghoul Lord AND
nearly full mana. The Lord is now an easy kill, and the Necro collects
his special items.

Solution: Ideally, Feign Death should work like Invisibility, where
summoned pets suicide and the charmed ones break Charm. We do not
want, however, to adversely affect lower level Necromancers to such a
large degree. What we do recognize is the need to prevent higher level
Necro's from exploiting key spawn points. Hence, when you Feign Death,
any charmed NPC will immediately break Charm. However, summoned NPCs
(pets) will NOT be affected. While this still allows the use of the
Feign Death tactic with your summoned pet, it does not imbalance the
game and many dungeon spawns to the degree that charming an NPC does.

*Manastone Changed*

The players have raised many concerns about the power of the
Manastone, which no longer drops. They cite that people without a
Manastone are not as welcome in expeditions to the outer planes and
other areas as people with them. Since dropping additional Manastones
via quest or removing them from the existing populace is not
desirable, we've decided to make it so that the Manastone will no
longer function in the alternate planes. Furthermore, it will not
function in any of the zones included with the Kunark Expansion.

We apologize to those adversely affected by this change. Our general
goal is to avoid making changes to items in peoples' possession,
however we felt this change was, all things considered, warranted and
for the benefit of the game as a whole.

- The EverQuest Team

--
27th Gnome cleric
Erollisi Marr

John Molea

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00

"BB" <B...@emarr.com> wrote in message news:388833c...@news.mcmail.com...

> *Manastone Changed*
>
> The players have raised many concerns about the power of the
> Manastone, which no longer drops. They cite that people without a
> Manastone are not as welcome in expeditions to the outer planes and
> other areas as people with them. Since dropping additional Manastones
> via quest or removing them from the existing populace is not
> desirable, we've decided to make it so that the Manastone will no
> longer function in the alternate planes. Furthermore, it will not
> function in any of the zones included with the Kunark Expansion.
>
> We apologize to those adversely affected by this change. Our general
> goal is to avoid making changes to items in peoples' possession,
> however we felt this change was, all things considered, warranted and
> for the benefit of the game as a whole.

time to do a filter on posts with manastones! hehe I can just hear the
people
pounding on their keyboard as they post a hate email to Gordon for this
one. Still that change aside sounds like a good patch :)

Shadis

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Wow. That's a big one. I can see how there will probalby be a LOT of
manastone-toting mages who will be really pissed at the change to that,
but I can also see how many non-manastone-using casters will be happy
to be invited into the planes. Not having a manastone, I guess I'm one
of the former but since I can't go into the planes yet anyway, it
doesn't really affect me yet. :)

Other than that, however, I don't really see any changes which are all
that bad. Perhaps there will be some upset necros. I can immagine
that there will be a situation where a necro has a charmed pet in a
dungeon and is using it for a legit purpose and has to FD, and the pet
breaks charm and aggros on his group...but I think if people are
careful that it shouldn't be too much of a problem (ANY pet is trouble
in a dungeon, anyway).

Everything else looks great. I guess time will tell, though. :)

Shadis

Drew

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
I agree everything looks very positive.

-Drew

John Molea <jmo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "BB" <B...@emarr.com> wrote in message

> > *Manastone Changed*
> >
> > The players have raised many concerns about the power of the
> > Manastone, which no longer drops. They cite that people without a
> > Manastone are not as welcome in expeditions to the outer planes and
> > other areas as people with them. Since dropping additional Manastones
> > via quest or removing them from the existing populace is not
> > desirable, we've decided to make it so that the Manastone will no
> > longer function in the alternate planes. Furthermore, it will not
> > function in any of the zones included with the Kunark Expansion.
> >
> > We apologize to those adversely affected by this change. Our general
> > goal is to avoid making changes to items in peoples' possession,
> > however we felt this change was, all things considered, warranted and
> > for the benefit of the game as a whole.

Pinolian

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
All I can say is fucking WOW!

That is patch message, and by GOD these are the things we want to see.
Improvements, not nerfs.. and patch message that rells you what the hell
is going on..

BB wrote:

--
Pinolian Shmolian -level 37 ranger
Muttun Shmuttun -level 25 druid

Bristlebane server

Inictus

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
I can hear the Necros whining now...

JackiePrice

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
> time to do a filter on posts with manastones! hehe I can just hear the
> people
> pounding on their keyboard as they post a hate email to Gordon for this
> one. Still that change aside sounds like a good patch :)

Heh...good patch all around, including the manastone.

Dry Onion

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
I'm still one of the non-manastone toting Wizards and wouldn't exactly say I
am happy everyone else got nerfed. Of course, being a Wizard I am the only
way into Plane of Hate and Sky so I can't see finding a group to be too hard
<G>

Paul V

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Nah...most of the necros I talked to in the game agreed it was a cheesy
tactic. I don't think there will be too much whining.

In article <Y5Hh4.2483$D4.7...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,

"Inictus" <CANO...@mb.com> wrote:
> I can hear the Necros whining now...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

hughes

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
most of this patch is good . they still made several mistakes.

Paw will continue to be underutilized untill they itemize it with
reasonable reward for risk . Right now as far as I know no class but
necro`s actually want anything out of paw . They need to add items that
will be desired by several classes. This would bring them and their friends
here. Soon after paw opened my guild made a foray here . 12 of us 45-50
killed every thing that moved and sequentially cleared the entire dungeon a
couple of times. After 4 hrs of playing not one of us had a neat new item
to use or even had an item that a low lvl would lust after.

Reducing instead of restructuring was also not a good idea . It seems
like they want every mob from 20-50 to drop 1-5pp and fs weapons . I would
much prefer to see a general restructuring so that the loot dropped
corresponded to the difficulty. The dwarves that average at 25pp each are
too high but cyclopses that average at 3pp are to low. Then they need to
add real moneysinks , ie USEFULL equipment that can be bought .

They have decided to nerf manastones and decided to do it in an odd way
too . Personally I have never seen how the manastones where broken in the
first place, justlike I didnt think jboots, ruby armor, the mask , or the
box of abu khar where broken. The items that give an ability that another
single class or race has will always be the most valuable . If they are
doing it to reduce over camping of a single point they should make it a
sold by a merchant item instead . Or ADD a quest for an item , NOT replace
an item with a quest.

Nutritech Corp.

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Nah, as much as it sucks, it was just a matter of time before this happened.
It was unreasonable that Necros were able to do this and as much as I wish I
could grab a FBSS for my twink all on my lonesome, I'm glad this change was
made.

Kelyan Shai'tan, 45th necro. Tunare.

Inictus <CANO...@mb.com> wrote in message

Jeremy Music

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00

I think basically a good patch. They should have just removed the manastone
entirely, or left it alone though. I see their reasoning behind the method
they chose, but I still don't like the execution. As far as the nerfing of
the dwarf money, it should have been done long ago. Now it just creates
more of a caste system.

"I'm level 45 and I've been killing dwarves for the past 10 levels.
I have 400k pp in the bank."
"I'm level 35, if I kill dwarves for the next 10 levels will I have 400k pp
in the bank too?"
"Not a chance bud, you weren't there fast enough."

Wyld Knight - wyld.qx.net 3333
http://wyld.qx.net/~rezo
re...@lords.com

Inictus

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Its good to hear this - there is hope!! I should rephrase my statement: I
can hear the power gaming Necros whining now...

Inictus

Brian Evans

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
hughes wrote in message <01bf6371$a4606be0$4fa2d6d1@hughes>...

>most of this patch is good . they still made several mistakes.
>
> Paw will continue to be underutilized untill they itemize it with
>reasonable reward for risk . Right now as far as I know no class but
>necro`s actually want anything out of paw . They need to add items that
>will be desired by several classes. This would bring them and their friends
>here. Soon after paw opened my guild made a foray here . 12 of us 45-50
>killed every thing that moved and sequentially cleared the entire dungeon a
>couple of times. After 4 hrs of playing not one of us had a neat new item
>to use or even had an item that a low lvl would lust after.

Paw is not for high levels, the only way to keep high levels out is to not
drop tons of good loot. It's a great hunting spot for those who wish
to avoid crowds. I hunt in Kedge for the same reason, adding tons
of items would just ruin it for those of us who prefer less crowded
zones.

Noslom

JackiePrice

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Na, I know how to relieve dwarf campers of their money, and make more than
them.

Ever win a lotto on a rare camp item that you can't actually use? My monk
won a runed cowl in Lower Guk a few weeks ago. There were two wizards in
our party who already had them, and nobody else could use one, so we lotto'd
between the 4 of us remaining.

I sold the thing a day later for 6k. Still haven't figured out what to
spend it on, but I am leaning toward a Tinkerer's bag so I can make room
under my weight cap to wear a hero bracer...

Poor monk with a vow of poverty with 9k in the bank...it just ain't right!
I'm not complaining though...

Olaf

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
The paw thing is dead on. So what the gnolls there have 10% less hitpoints.
Green gnolls can still charm you, and there are shitloads of them in there.
The pathing there is messed up too.As far as the loot goes, it is
unbelievably poor.

They really need to take action to get plat out of the game, but I dont see
them ever doing it, so the economies on all servers will continue to be
screwed up.

olaf

hughes <hugh...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> most of this patch is good . they still made several mistakes.
>
> Paw will continue to be underutilized untill they itemize it with
> reasonable reward for risk . Right now as far as I know no class but
> necro`s actually want anything out of paw . They need to add items that
> will be desired by several classes. This would bring them and their
friends
> here. Soon after paw opened my guild made a foray here . 12 of us 45-50
> killed every thing that moved and sequentially cleared the entire dungeon
> couple of times. After 4 hrs of playing not one of us had a neat new item
> to use or even had an item that a low lvl would lust after.

Olaf

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Paw is for 25 and up. Really for 25-35 on the zone side of the double
doors. On the other side, it gets a LOT harder, for no real extra gain.
So, the dungeon is very underutilized, and it should be fixed.

I have never been to Kedge, but just from the stuff I have seen from there,
I know the loot is way better.

olaf

Brian Evans <br...@promaxis.com> wrote in message

> hughes wrote in message <01bf6371$a4606be0$4fa2d6d1@hughes>...

> >most of this patch is good . they still made several mistakes.
> >
> > Paw will continue to be underutilized untill they itemize it with
> >reasonable reward for risk . Right now as far as I know no class but
> >necro`s actually want anything out of paw . They need to add items that
> >will be desired by several classes. This would bring them and their
friends
> >here. Soon after paw opened my guild made a foray here . 12 of us 45-50
> >killed every thing that moved and sequentially cleared the entire dungeon
> >couple of times. After 4 hrs of playing not one of us had a neat new item
> >to use or even had an item that a low lvl would lust after.

John Henders

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
In <scJh4.6832$B3.23...@news.magma.ca> "Brian Evans" <br...@promaxis.com> writes:

>>couple of times. After 4 hrs of playing not one of us had a neat new item
>>to use or even had an item that a low lvl would lust after.

>Paw is not for high levels, the only way to keep high levels out is to not
>drop tons of good loot. It's a great hunting spot for those who wish
>to avoid crowds. I hunt in Kedge for the same reason, adding tons
>of items would just ruin it for those of us who prefer less crowded
>zones.

It depends if their goal was to provide places to releive the crowding
in other dungeons or just provide a private dungeon for you, doesn't it?
As their stated intent was to relieve crowding, it sounds like it
failed.

--
Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v

Brian Evans

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Olaf wrote in message ...

>Paw is for 25 and up. Really for 25-35 on the zone side of the double
>doors. On the other side, it gets a LOT harder, for no real extra gain.
>So, the dungeon is very underutilized, and it should be fixed.
>
>I have never been to Kedge, but just from the stuff I have seen from there,
>I know the loot is way better.

Heh, besides a few items on some realy tough monsters there
is very little loot in kedge. The fish don't even carry any cash.
Paw is not too hard but being a dungeon with stuff close together
it is a place you need to control the fights. This means an enchanter
or others who can charm/mez/root etc. Try the place with an enchanter
and keep MR buffed to avoid getting charmed to much.

Noslom

Brian Evans

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
John Henders wrote in message
<867t87$q8s$1...@00-c0-df-64-11-c6.bconnected.net>...

>It depends if their goal was to provide places to releive the crowding
>in other dungeons or just provide a private dungeon for you, doesn't it?
>As their stated intent was to relieve crowding, it sounds like it
>failed.

Thier intent was to help reduce crowding. I have seen 2 or 3 groups
in paw everytime I have been there as opposed to 1 or 2 players
in the old paw. Not a huge reduction but it does provide more
options. Also they seem to have been slowly adding items
so those who do hunt there are getting some nice items, not the
best in any area but decent enough.

Noslom

Joe D

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
JackiePrice <nos...@nospam.ca> wrote:
> Poor monk with a vow of poverty with 9k in the bank...it just ain't right!

I will be happy to aid you by taking as much of that 9k that you feel you
need to get rid of.

Joe D
--
I do like to see the arms and legs fly. - Patton

Dorian Brytestar

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
hehe, just that you need 3-5 full groups to get there instead of just looking for 3-5
other people =)
--
Dorian Brytestar
Lvl 47 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
"Dry Onion" <DryO...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: I'm still one of the non-manastone toting Wizards and wouldn't exactly say I
:
:

Olaf

Jan 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/20/00
Paw was a very hard dungeon. It remains to be seen whether or not their hit
point change makes it otherwise.

olaf

Brian Evans <br...@promaxis.com> wrote in message

JackiePrice

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00

"Joe D" <jo...@cws.org> wrote in message news:8680ia$pip$1...@hiram.io.com...

> JackiePrice <nos...@nospam.ca> wrote:
> > Poor monk with a vow of poverty with 9k in the bank...it just ain't
right!

> I will be happy to aid you by taking as much of that 9k that you feel you
> need to get rid of.

I think a little gnome merchant in Solusek's Eye has her on the line for
5200pp...Tinkerer's bag will use most of her savings. Hero bracer will use
another chunk (no way will I camp forever to do that quest.)

Billy Shields

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
: Olaf wrote in message ...

:>Paw is for 25 and up. Really for 25-35 on the zone side of the double
:>doors. On the other side, it gets a LOT harder, for no real extra gain.
:>So, the dungeon is very underutilized, and it should be fixed.
:>
:>I have never been to Kedge, but just from the stuff I have seen from there,
:>I know the loot is way better.

: Heh, besides a few items on some realy tough monsters there
: is very little loot in kedge. The fish don't even carry any cash.

: Paw is not too hard but being a dungeon with stuff close together

: it is a place you need to control the fights. This means an enchanter
: or others who can charm/mez/root etc. Try the place with an enchanter
: and keep MR buffed to avoid getting charmed to much.

Heh, fish carrying cash. I can see it now:

Rogue pickpockets An Impaler Swordfish for 3pp!
You have become better at Suspension of Disbelief! (117)

John Henders

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
In <s8f1mcu...@corp.supernews.com> "Dorian Brytestar" <ri...@nospam.com> writes:

>"Dry Onion" <DryO...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>: I'm still one of the non-manastone toting Wizards and wouldn't exactly say I
>: am happy everyone else got nerfed. Of course, being a Wizard I am the only
>: way into Plane of Hate and Sky so I can't see finding a group to be too hard

>hehe, just that you need 3-5 full groups to get there instead of just looking for 3-5
>other people =)

Even better, with the new Air Plane, you'll need 3-5 groups of very
rich people, as it looks like each player will need 2 keys worth $750
plat. That's assuming there aren't more keys further in that need to be
bought. And those keys vanish when you leave the plane so that's $750 pp
per trip. Plus the 250 plat stone to port there.

Now this brings up an interesting issue. While there's a lot of
bemoaning about too much plat in the economy it looks like Verant has
gone overboard in their usual tuning team fashion and created another
money sink that's totally out of proportion. I did a survey of my
guildmates online last night for a Vox trip and most had 2k plat or less
in their bank accounts. That's less than 2 trips to the new plane of
air. So quess what's going to happen when people run out and we want to
do a guild trip into the Air plane. That's right, 6 people will head to
the lord spawn for a couple of days, 6 to the king room, 6 in the
frenzied room and 6 in the undead tower. And we are just one of 4 guilds
with people that can and will be going there. So all those people that
complained they couldnt buy high end items will be happy, as there'll be
more ykeshas and smrs for sale, but those who'd like to get them
themselves are going to be SoL.

Like the 1k gate potions, it seems Verant just doesn't seem able to get
a proper sense of proportion in these things. Maybe their gearing their
prices to those servers where people have been L50 since July, or have
their banks full of pottery sketch plat, but on newer servers, only the
people that killed the dorfs for 15 levels have super amounts of cash
and most of them seem to have spent it on tinker bags.

The other reason you're going to see the L50's back in those spawns is
the nerf in this patch to experience, the one glossed over as an
adjustment for the expansion (the same one that's now delayed until
April 20) Instead of being able to "bank" experience even though your
bar is maxed at L50, they've now changed it so any experience once your
bar is full is basically just dropped on the floor, so it doesnt take to
many deaths now before you're starting to head back into L49 again. So
there's going to be a lot more 50's back in the lord room and the
frenzied room and the king room racking up lost experience after plane
break ins and dragon runs.

So to conclude, dispite the initial look of the new patch, there's some
long term changes in there that aren't going to be liked by a lot of
people. You're going to see even more of the high level guilds
dominating the choice spawns spots most of the day and evening as they
rotate in different guild members, because now it's not just for the
ones that want to twink low level characters, now they actually need the
exp and loot for their main characters.

Makes you wonder if they'll ever get anyone on the tuning team that
actually plays the game.

John Henders

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
In <3887c7fd$0$26...@motown.iinet.net.au> Billy Shields <ran...@opera.iinet.net.au> writes:

>Brian Evans <br...@promaxis.com> wrote:

>: Heh, besides a few items on some realy tough monsters there
>: is very little loot in kedge. The fish don't even carry any cash.
>: Paw is not too hard but being a dungeon with stuff close together
>: it is a place you need to control the fights. This means an enchanter
>: or others who can charm/mez/root etc. Try the place with an enchanter
>: and keep MR buffed to avoid getting charmed to much.

>Heh, fish carrying cash. I can see it now:

>Rogue pickpockets An Impaler Swordfish for 3pp!
>You have become better at Suspension of Disbelief! (117)

You'd have to be more skilled at it than that by now, after all, haven't
you been looting cash from sonic bats and ldcs?

Mark A. Rimer

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
ronin <ro...@spamnot.darke.net> wrote in message

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:12:27 GMT, B...@emarr.com (BB) wrote:
>
> >- The Mask of Deception may now be equipped by the appropriate races.
>
> I'm confused, having never seen one of these. But I was told they are
> rogue and some other class only. Can someone clarify? And if so...what
> does the above message mean?

Gnomes can be rogues. A _lot_ of ROG items have left Gnomes out
of the races that could wear 'em or equip 'em. Now they can finally
wear the mask, too.

> ronin, who had gotten really excited at the sound of the mask til he
> heard it was certain class only...

It was _always_ supposed to be BRD/ROG only. The original
(called the Guise of the Deceiver) was bugged, and anybody could
use one. Hence all the DE Paladins and even Monks (although
I had to admit, a DE Monk kicking butt was pretty neat :-) ).

Mark

Richie Alvey

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
Holy lord.. what server are you on =P.

Richie

Alasdair Allan

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
John Henders <jhen...@example.com> wrote

> In <3887c7fd$0$26...@motown.iinet.net.au> Billy Shields
<ran...@opera.iinet.net.au> writes:
> >: Heh, besides a few items on some realy tough monsters there
> >: is very little loot in kedge. The fish don't even carry any cash.
> >: Paw is not too hard but being a dungeon with stuff close together
> >: it is a place you need to control the fights. This means an enchanter
> >: or others who can charm/mez/root etc. Try the place with an enchanter
> >: and keep MR buffed to avoid getting charmed to much.
>
> >Heh, fish carrying cash. I can see it now:
>
> >Rogue pickpockets An Impaler Swordfish for 3pp!
> >You have become better at Suspension of Disbelief! (117)
>
> You'd have to be more skilled at it than that by now, after all, haven't
> you been looting cash from sonic bats and ldcs?

The thing with the fish in Kedge is that its not just the fact they don't
carry cash.

From level 25 mobs drop Fine Steel weapons that sell for 5pp each. The fish
in Kedge (all level 35 to 50) drop bills worth 3gp!

--
Alasdair Allan, Ibrox, Glasgow |England - Country where Marx developed
x-st...@null.net | the basis of Communism