new patch message

DarkHand

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
Ok here's the new patch message.. Let the whining begin!

September 13th, 9:00am
----------------------
Bug Fixes:
- Players levitating should be easier for other PCs to see.
- When charmed/feared and killed players should not be returned to the
character selection screen.
- Lore items in containers that are dropped should not be destroyed.
- Charged items, such as the Staff of the Observers, should correctly
report the number of charges remaining after zoning.
- Corpses should remain lootable even if a player goes linkdead while
looting
- A player under the effect of charm or fear can no longer open their
spellbook or sit in order to escape the effects of these spells.
- A player using online help should no longer be locked into the help
screen if another party initiates a trade.
- Non-melee items equipped in weapon slots should no longer mutate if the
pc is charmed.
- Extremely large NPCs, ie Vox, should not suicide when stuck.

New emotes:
- Here is a list of new emotes that have been added to the game: agree,
amaze, apologize, applaud, plead, bite, bleed, blink, blush, boggle, bonk,
bored, brb, burp, bye, cackle, calm, clap, comfort, congratulate, cough,
cringe, curious, dance, drool , duck, eye, gasp, giggle, glare,
grin , groan, grovel, happy, hungry, introduce, jk (just kidding) ,
kneel, lost, massage, moan, mourn , peer, point, ponder, puzzle, raise,
ready, roar, salute, shiver, shrug, sigh, smirk, snarl, snicker, stare,
tap, tease, thank, thirsty, veto, welcome, whine, whistle, yawn

PVP Changes:
- In order to make PVP combat between spellcasters and melee types more
viable some changes to PVP spell effects have been made. All damage spells
cast in PVP combat will do less damage to the PC than the same spell would
do to an NPC. When a PC is under the effect of a root-type spell there is a
20% chance that they will break free when a direct damage spell is cast
upon them.

Spell Changes:
- Levitate: All players may now cancel this effect.
- Paralyzing Earth now Wizard and Necromancer useable.
- The Mana cost on some Magician damage shields has been slightly reduced
- Alter Plane: Hate and Alter Plane: Sky have been changed into higher
level spells.
- Succor: Ro (Druid) is now a level 39 spell (previously a typo as a level
49 spell)
- Curse of the Simple Mind (Enchanter) now lowers both Int AND Wis.
- Selo`s Consonant Chain (Bard) should now work better.
- Shadow Vortex (Necro) is more effective.
- Screaming Terror is now an all or nothing save - this should stop the
'train' problems that it was causing.
- Gravity Flux will now research correctly for Wizards.
- Lich and Bond of Death are now researchable for Necromancers - check your
tomes.
- The different types of Words of Collection and Words of Acquisition are
now more easily identifiable.
- Dead Man Walking (Necromancer) has been renamed Dead Man Floating
- Ignite Bones (Necromancer) has had the movement component removed. This
means that it will no longer break root and snare spells, and that it will
now stack with the darkness line.
- Syvelian`s Anti-Magic Aria (Bard) has been fixed.
- A bug in some of the AoE code has been fixed - AoE spells will now effect
more monsters.
- Some Magician Summoned items are now lore items. Items that have turned
lore have had other small benefits added to them.
- Dance of the Fireflies (Druid) has been changed from Divination to
Conjuration.
- Rangers have gained the spell Dance of the Fireflies (level 15)
- High Level Enchanter Illusion spells have had the remainder of their
effects implemented.
- Magi research components have been added to more monsters throughout the
world.
- There is a new pet command: /pet taunt and /pet notaunt. Pets default to
/pet taunt
- The Rods for the Ice Comet quests will now pop much more often.
- Envenomed Breath (Shaman) has had its damage raised slightly.
- Scourge (Necromancer and Shaman) has had its damage raised slightly.
- Enchantment of Light and Enchantment of Brilliance (Enchanter) have been
replaced by new enchantment spells. These spells have been added to a
hidden vendor somewhere in the game.
- New quests for Necromancers to research their pets have been added

Pets:
- High level pets (44th and 49th lvl spells) do less damage
- Pets will now navigate some outdoor and dungeon areas better

DoT Changes:
- If the monster is in melee with you, there is no change to how a DoT
spell works.
- If the monster is running away from you (fear, wounded, etc.), there is
no change to how a DoT spell works.
- If the monster is moving when the damage from the DoT is applied (happens
every few seconds), it will take 66% of the damage that it would have
taken.
- DoT spells have all had their duration slightly increased. If the
monster moves for 18 seconds during a fight, it will take as much damage
from the DoT as it would before the patch. If the monster moves for less
then 18 seconds during a fight, your DoT will do more damage then it would
have done before the patch. If the monster moves more then 18 seconds
during the fight, it will take less damage then it would have before the
patch.

Christopher

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
What the hell?? no "lick" social??? I am outraged!
grrrrrrr

-Christopher McArthur
il...@rewolfsoftware.com
http://gunman.vavleworld.com
-ilian18846439

Ken Nicolson

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:24:16 -0500, "Christopher"
<il...@rewolfsoftware.com> wrote:

>What the hell?? no "lick" social??? I am outraged!
>grrrrrrr

No "YMCA" either - that does it, I'm cancelling my account tomorrow
and signing up for AC.

>-Christopher McArthur

Ken

Todd Yarbrough

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
Okay, I'll start- yet again, nothing for rogues.

DarkHand <nu...@business.com> wrote in message

Prh1966

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99

online help?

How does one access this?

John M Clancy

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99

Prh1966 <prh...@erols.com> wrote in message

> online help?
>
> How does one access this?

Press the button that says "HELP"

I know it's really obscure and hard to find.

*smirk*

drocket

Sep 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/14/99
On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:13:01 GMT, nu...@business.com (DarkHand) wrote:

>Ok here's the new patch message.. Let the whining begin!

Well, of course they don't actually announce the REAL nerfs. Verant
knows that people would get too upset if they were actually told what
has changed. The fun part is finding out what spells/skills that you
have have been changed, and hopefully not dying doing so. So far we
have a magic weight reduction box that barely works any more, and had
already killed a few monks, buffs that wear off real fast so that you
can die in the middle of combat, and more instadeath monsters with SoW
to slow down people's leveling. Oh, joy.

Unknown

Sep 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/14/99
September 14th, 3:00pm
----------------------
Trade Skills:
- Tailoring: More items have been added to the trade skill. The
instructions on how to make the new items were also added. The
difficulty of some tailor-made items was lowered making them easier to
produce. New patterns now exist t round out the tailor-made items.
- Brewing: New liquor can now be made. The instructions are hinted at
in the game.
- Pottery: The Mortar and Pestle is now droppable and Vials are now
stackable
- Bowyer: More slots have been added to the Fletching Kit. Dual-cam
bows have been added.
- Fletching: The range of normal store-bought arrows has been reduced.
Players may now make a cheaper more effective arrow with the fletching
skill. Nock vendors now sell all arrow components.

Items:
- Lustrous Russet Armor, the Hero Bracer, Order of Thunder and the Box
of Abu-Kar have been returned to their previous statistics.

heheheheh 2 hours to patch for THAT!!! And still not up. And how come
all this stuff is added after a patch 1 day previous? Grrrrr

David Henry

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
ahhh, now why the hell did they go fuck with the arrows, I mean they
already totally sucked now i gotta go up and litterally shove it in
with my bare hands? You friggun morons at verant actually even
play this game? You have any idea what that iddy little biddy
range makes to a warrior fetchun? So what now instead of being
stunned 6 times i get stunned 12? I wish i could bitch slap you
idiots. Of course theres allways the alternate now i can spend
endless hours making stupid friggun arrows that give 3 more damage
then before.

Ed Wheeler

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
David Henry wrote in message ...

>ahhh, now why the hell did they go fuck with the arrows, I mean they
>already totally sucked now i gotta go up and litterally shove it in
>with my bare hands? You friggun morons at verant actually even
>play this game? You have any idea what that iddy little biddy
>range makes to a warrior fetchun? So what now instead of being
>stunned 6 times i get stunned 12? I wish i could bitch slap you
>idiots. Of course theres allways the alternate now i can spend
>endless hours making stupid friggun arrows that give 3 more damage
>then before.

/
a) How can something suck even more than "totally sucked"? What is beyond
totality? Hmm..

b) Only store-bought arrows "more than totally suck". Now you have the
option of either making your own (read: trade skill made more viable) or buy
them off player-fletchers (read: trade skill made more viable AND player
economy boosted!)

--
Hrun - Lvl 23 Barbarian Warrior
Grimne - Lvl 15 Halfling Druid

Ewen

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99

David Henry wrote in message ...
:ahhh, now why the hell did they go fuck with the arrows, I mean they
:already totally sucked now i gotta go up and litterally shove it in
:with my bare hands? You friggun morons at verant actually even
:play this game? You have any idea what that iddy little biddy
:range makes to a warrior fetchun? So what now instead of being
:stunned 6 times i get stunned 12? I wish i could bitch slap you
:idiots. Of course theres allways the alternate now i can spend
:endless hours making stupid friggun arrows that give 3 more damage
:then before.

Now now.. If they already sucked, what's the problem?
All it means is that you can either start making your own, as
you say, or buy from Fletchers. Which by the way, have always
been much better arrows anyhow. With my 125 or 150 range
arrows and my Oak Bow Im doing fine now. I think this is
one thing they got right.