Advice for LV13 Ogre Warrior?

Daniel

Nov 8, 2000, 1:39:45 AM11/8/00
Any advice on where is safe and good fun to adventure and profit for a LV13
Ogre Warrior? Here is some stats about me.

* about 420 (just over) HP
* AC and ATK are I think 350 (or close) and 2??. -- Normal range I think.
* Heading back to Oggok to learn duel wield (that is the weapon in each
hand thing right?).
* Got 15 practice points to use (didn't use any at LV 11, 12 and 13).
* Am near max in swimming, 1H slash, 2H slash, dodge, and I think Perry
(sp?).
* Got 2 swords given to me, same kind, 1H slash, 5 dmg 32 delay.
* Got 8 containers involving large box (holds 8) 5 backpacks (holds 8 each)
a large bag (holds 8) and a spit for cooking (holds 6).
* Just carrying my leather armor and a set of weapons and food and a few
other things I am holding 140 of my max 150 in weight.
* My bind wounds is I think 58 right now (gives 14 HP per bind) and I
usually try to carry 60 - 80 bandages since I often find myself soloing.
* I don't seem to have much problem with my AGI of 89 even though I lose
some down to near 70 from carrying almost 180 or up to 200 and once or twice
220 of my 150 limit.
* Got 500 pp in bank but added it up and so far looks like I'll spend 450
to get all my armor replaced with chain male or other metal armor (best I
can get right now without spending thousands of pp) and I'm pretty sure I
didn't calculate the amount earned back from selling my leather.

Should I put any of my leather in the bank or do you think I'm safe from
losing myself like that again (as long as I am bound a zone or two away
though a few times when still bound to Oggok and only at LV11 I died in
Oasis and had to go back through Ferrott, swamp, S. Ro, then Oasis to get my
corpse back and did it all no weapon or armor or buff or SoW and worst part
is did it more than once. I'd be at LV14 if I hadn't died a few times (lost
about 40% of LV12 from dieing 3 times, lost a little more from dieing a few
times, lost near that much of other levels around 8-11 from dieing).
Any help or comments? I've never made it this far. My half elf LV4 druid
died from falling down that cliff in the gnoll encampment by Qeynos hills
and I couldn't get back up (LV4 stuck in LV30+ area) and my LV6 was lost out
in plains just next to Qeynos Hills from running into bandits who I later
hear things shouted such as "looking for group of 5 to go bandit hunting
with preferably LV30 + range." (this being heard by my single alone LV6
warrior who just ran into a group of these things).

evilsofa

Nov 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/8/00
In article <Tw6O5.939$5r4.1...@nnrp2.sbc.net>, "Daniel"
<dani...@swbell.net> wrote:

> Any advice on where is safe and good fun to adventure and
> profit for a LV13 Ogre Warrior? Here is some stats about me.

Put one point in dual wield (which is the ability to wield two
weapons). Get two 1h slashers or 2 1h blunts. Dual wield will
go up very very quickly, so please don't waste any more than one
point on it. At 15 you'll get double attack (the ability to
attack twice instead of once with each weapon). By that time you
should have dual wield most of the way up. Keep the two 1handers
because you can get double attack going up nearly twice as fast
with two 1h as opposed to a slow 2h.

As to where to go: please, please, don't waste your time killing
crocs in Oasis! THEY SUCK! No loot. No money. More
overcrowded than Long Beach, CA.

At the very least get into an Orc Highway group in Oasis - at
least you're getting loot and money with them. Even better is to
get into orc or gnoll groups in Highpass Hold - once you kill
enough of them, your highpass faction will get up to
apprehensive, at which point you can then turn in all the orc &
gnoll scalps you got - which will give you Freeport Militia
faction, so you won't be KOS in Freeport anymore, which will make
the rest of your career a heck of a lot more convenient. The
only trouble is they are heavily camped as well, so it can be
difficult to get into a group unless you aren't on primetime.

One place that is not camped much at all is the northern part of
Southern Ro. You can't do this by yourself, but if you get
yourself a caster, preferably a Necromancer, have the Necro
casting Sense Undead (which no longer senses pets!) and pulling
undead to the Oasis zone. The two of you and the Necro's pet
make short work of the undead, which will give you good exp and
loot. You can get lots of spiders here as well, which is great
because there is always a high demand for spider silks (combine
two spider silks in a sewing kit for stackable silk swatches
which go for 5gp each, minimum).

Your boxes and backpacks are taking up too much weight. You can
either buy yourself large sewing kits from the ogre merchants in
Feerrott, or a better idea is to scavenge the vendors in Neriak
near the forges for toolboxes - they are much cheaper and are
essentially the same thing as the large sewing kits (0.4 weight,
8 slots, the combine button you need to avoid hitting by
accident). Do get one large sewing kit so you can combine those
spider silks.

Forget chain, go to bronze (and please DON'T buy things from
vendors that you can buy from people - the vendor prices are
designed to enforce the existence of the player economy). Common
price is 2pp per AC of each bronze piece. You'll have a few
hundred left over to play with, and have better than chain.
Except for the boots; try and find a magical set of boots so you
can kick ghouls and other magic-attack-only creatures. Blackened
Iron boots go for a reasonable price (40 or 50pp), and sacrifice
only 2AC compared to bronze (sacrificing ANY AC at all is
generally a big no-no for warriors, but here the exception is
reasonable).

A good weight-saver is to get a Lumberjack's Cap if you can find
one. Same AC as bronze helm, one-tenth the weight, and +3
stamina (the warrior's most important stat) in the bargain. Pay
30 or 40pp for it - money well spent.

With the money you have left over, and the money you make later
on, you should upgrade to get yourself a pair of magical 1h
slashers and/or blunts (it's actually nice to have one of each,
both wielded - you keep up both stats that way). You can buy a
screaming mace for 100pp or less, and it has an excellent effect
for warriors (doing the quest for it really hurts your faction
badly where you need it so you should just buy the weapon). In
HighHold Pass, one of the rare gnoll drops is a Polished Granite
Tomohawk which is a very nice magical 1h slash with another good
effect for warriors. You might not actually win the random rolls
for it, but by the time you leave highpass you should have enough
cash to buy it for 200pp. Another good slasher that's magical,
but no effect, is a Langseax; you can't really do that quest but
at 20pp or so they are a really nice value for a 1h slasher.

In the long run 2h slash and 2h blunt aren't as important; the
general point of a warrior is to keep mobs off of the casters in
the group, and they do this by staying on the top of the mob's
hate list. That is accomplished by 1) taunting and 2) damaging
the mob more often than anybody else. The faster your 1h
slashers the better. 2h anything is always slower and is more
appropriate for soloing - which, by the way, you will do less and
less. By the time you're 20 you'll rarely be able to solo.

Your two most important attributes are Stamina and AC. Even
strength and dexterity take a back seat to those two. All you
need to know about AGI is that as long as it's 75 or more, you're
okay.

--
"Ninety percent of everything is crap." - Theodore Sturgeon
There is now over 550 billion pages of info on the World Wide Web.

Author Lau

Nov 8, 2000, 9:02:10 PM11/8/00
You forgot the BloodStain shoulder ammor. It is magical and for ogre bash.
Some warrior class armor also in reasonable range, as large bronze is
uncommon.
Solo is not a good idea for warrior, join a guild then you can travel and
hunt more easy.

Got a pair of Langseax and go kill willowisp. It is your dream target, no
spell, no stun, running away at low hp. Find them in west and east common.

"evilsofa" <evil...@emeraldnet.remove_this_part.net.invalid> 撰寫於郵件

Tony Bustamante

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00
wow 500pp at 13? Where you been hunting? I have a lvl 12 ogre war (twinked a
little) and im suggestion is to just goto East Commons. Get bound on the edge of
West Freeport (you can be bound anywhere in the zone, but avoid the guards for
now, they'll kill ya) At your lvl Orc Camp 1 is appropriate, you can sell the
belts to players for 3pp each or so, As soon as you can buy a magical weapon so
you can kill willowisps, save the lightstones and greater lightstones for a
quest in Sro that will make u good money (just stop there on yer way to ogguk to
train) Then move to West Commons and kill Dervish Cutthroats Then Highpass See
everlore.com for info on that quest.............

Lance

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00

Daniel wrote:

> Any advice on where is safe and good fun to adventure and profit for a LV13
> Ogre Warrior? Here is some stats about me.
>

> * Got 500 pp in bank but added it up and so far looks like I'll spend 450
> to get all my armor replaced with chain male or other metal armor (best I
> can get right now without spending thousands of pp) and I'm pretty sure I
> didn't calculate the amount earned back from selling my leather.

Stop right here. Do not, repeat do -not- buy armor from vendors. They
are complete ripoffs. Actually programmed into the game that way.

There are two classes of items in EQ, insofar as vendors are concerned:

One, normal items: if you sell to a vendor you will get a price within
10% or so of the price he will then try to sell it back to you at (depending
on your faction, charisma, race, religion and who knows, the color of
your socks maybe)

Two, Valuables: you will be lucky to get a tenth what the vendor will
want back on these.

This is done on purpose, to create a player economy, and by and large
it has done just that. Selling armor to a vendor means getting almost
nothing for it. Buying armor from a vendor means paying a veritable
fortune. Thus, sensible players sell to other players!

A step up from the leather you are wearing would be banded, you
should be able to find this for 1pp per AC, or a total of 95PP
for a complete suit... maybe a bit more for the inconvenience
involved in making Large instead of Medium.

Bronze armor sells for around 2pp per AC, so this would be within
your current budget too... but it is heavy stuff.

Fine Plate is lighter than bronze, more AC, player made... but
it runs around 10pp per AC, so a full suit is likely out of your
reach, at 1320pp. Perhaps just a breastplate of FS, for the
biggest bang for your buck, 19AC...

Weapons work the same way, by the way, as do most magic
items in the game; players are your best source as a customer
and your target audience as a seller.

Pente