Did anyone else get the 9/14 patch message?

Xenomorph

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
I got this when the server were still down.

While connecting to the patch server, it said it was downloading eqnews.tx_
or something...

it had a patch message for 9/14

it mentioned that the box of Aku Bar (or whatever its called) was being
returned to its previous state...

of course, when i tried to login, it said the Chat/Login server was down..

when i tried again later (1 hour? 2 hours?)

it started downloading eqnews.tx_ AGAIN...

this time it only said 9/13.. and just listed the old patch news.. it was
the old patch message.. meaning that they didnt want the 9/14 changes to go
on there.

--

WebMaster - http://xenomorph.net
Guild Leader - Seekers of Lore - Xegony Server

George Ruof

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
"Xenomorph" <xeno...@NOSPAMdarkcastle.com> wrote:

>I got this when the server were still down.
>
>While connecting to the patch server, it said it was downloading eqnews.tx_
>or something...
>
>it had a patch message for 9/14
>
>it mentioned that the box of Aku Bar (or whatever its called) was being
>returned to its previous state...
>

>of course, when i tried to login, it said the Chat/Login server was down..
>
>when i tried again later (1 hour? 2 hours?)
>
>it started downloading eqnews.tx_ AGAIN...
>
>this time it only said 9/13.. and just listed the old patch news.. it was
>the old patch message.. meaning that they didnt want the 9/14 changes to go
>on there.

And if you login again you'll get another eqnews.txt file. It looks
like this...

>September 14th, 5:00pm
>----------------------
>We apologize for the unexpected server downtime. We try to avoid unscheduled downtime, but it is at times unavoidable.
>
>There has been no change to spell damage other than those detailed in the DoT and PvP sections of the patch notes below. However, if you are testing spell damage by casting on yourself the numbers returned will be reduced by the changes made to PvP combat. The damage done to an NPC remains unchanged.
>
>September 14th, 3:00pm
>----------------------
>Trade Skills:
>- Tailoring: More items have been added to the trade skill. The instructions on how to make the new items were also added. The difficulty of some tailor-made items was lowered making them easier to produce. New patterns now exist t round out the tailor-made items.
>- Brewing: New liquor can now be made. The instructions are hinted at in the game.
>- Pottery: The Mortar and Pestle is now droppable and Vials are now stackable
>- Bowyer: More slots have been added to the Fletching Kit. Dual-cam bows have been added.
>- Fletching: The range of normal store-bought arrows has been reduced. Players may now make a cheaper more effective arrow with the fletching skill. Nock vendors now sell all arrow components.
>
>Items:
>- Lustrous Russet Armor, the Hero Bracer, Order of Thunder and the Box of Abu-Kar have been returned to their previous statistics.
>
>September 13th, 9:00am
<snip what you have already seen>

--
George Ruof gr...@pacificnet.net
Senior Programmer New World Computing

I am NOT speaking for New World Computing or the 3DO company.