I remember hearing something about a sewing kit nerf

music_...@hotspam.mail.com

Jun 10, 2001, 10:36:13 PM6/10/01
i remember hearing that they increases the weight of them and made a new
Deluxe kind? if this is true how come my character with a Pre nerf kit and
my other one with a post nerf kit have the same identical kit did the patch
change my pre nerf one? or did they not change it on every server (the 2 are
on different servers one pvp one not)
they both are large 10 slot giant and weigh 3.0
--
Lanlaar Crimsonlite 43 Magician
Lannlaar ShadowGate 30 Wizard

Dark Tyger

Jun 10, 2001, 10:59:02 PM6/10/01
"KinS...@home.com" <music_...@hotspam.mail.com> wrote:

>i remember hearing that they increases the weight of them and made a new
>Deluxe kind? if this is true how come my character with a Pre nerf kit and
>my other one with a post nerf kit have the same identical kit did the patch
>change my pre nerf one? or did they not change it on every server (the 2 are
>on different servers one pvp one not)
>they both are large 10 slot giant and weigh 3.0

Before the patch, large sewing kits weight 0.4 (0.3?) and 8-slot.
Post-patch, they weighed 3.0. This patch affected all lg sewing kits,
including ones in player inventories (which resulted in a lot of
suddenly encumbered players).

For a while after this patch, lg sewing kits had their slots increased
to 10. Again, players magicly found all their 8-slot packs had 10 now,
and all the lg ones on merchants had 10 now, too. Another patch after
this change changed ONLY the ones on merchants back to 8-slots (the
increase in slots was damaging the market for player made backpacks,
which were the most easily accessable 10 giant slot bags before
this)...BUT, the lg sewing kits already in player inventories magicly
became "Deluxe sewing kits" so players wouldn't find items overflowing
or poofing out of slots that didn't exist anymore.

So...it is impossible that you would currently have a 10-slot LARGE
sewing kit...

--
Dark Tyger, the slightly eccentric, railgun-toting kitty kat
Change "mindspring.com" to "knology.net" to email

The night is my companion...solitude my guide.

Dan Day

Jun 11, 2001, 5:30:26 AM6/11/01
On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:59:02 -0500, Dark Tyger <dark...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>this)...BUT, the lg sewing kits already in player inventories magicly
>became "Deluxe sewing kits" so players wouldn't find items overflowing
>or poofing out of slots that didn't exist anymore.

...AND they gained weight.