Plane of Fear, Dragons, spells...please read

C Long

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Just had a few comments, suggestions and questions regarding the Plane of
Fear.

Suggestions first:

I think they need to add class specific armor for Wizards, Enchanters,
Necromancers, and Magicians. The reason why I believe they should is because
not only is the Cryosilk in the PoF extremely rare, it has to be randomed
out between 4 different classes. One reason why it is rare is because the
spiders are probably the least numerous creatures in the zone. They just
added rogue armor to the scarelings, so I'm confident they can do this for
casters. Monk armor is rare also, but there is usually no more than 2 monks
in PoF. Casters are numerous since Wizards are the main way of leaving the
zone, while Enchanters cast buffs, and Magicians and Necros utilize their
powerful pets.

One way to do this is to add armor to the Frightfingers, glare lords,
nightmares,and samhains. It could be class specific for each caster class or
they could all drop mixed armor from all classes, but Cryosilk and monk
armor need to be more frequent. These monsters drop no armor at all. Runes
maybe, Scarestraw..sure..but no armor. I don't mean to say all I want is
armor, but as a caster, it's extremely frustrating seeing Paladins walk in,
and get nearly a full set of armor in one trip. If somoene from Verant is
reading this, then you probably know that Fetid fiends' drop rate is
unbelievable. The people that I adventure with in the PoF joke about
paladins being Verants "golden child". All I do know is that after about 70+
hours in fear, I've seen a total of 2 robes, and 4 pieces of Cryosilk. While
the Rangers, Shamans, Druids, Clerics, SKs, and Warriors are in nearly full
armor. Not only are they in full armor, but some are not even regulars. I
saw a cleric get 4 pieces in 2 trips. All he needs is a breastplate. Another
got 2 pieces. The casters? Maybe one has Cryo leggings, while the other has
cryo boots. This is after about 7 trips. It seems somewhat weird. Anyway,
I'm hoping that this solution seems feasible.

Comments:
There's a small problem with the way monsters like Dragons and Gods (Cazic
Thule) spawn in the game world. Their spawn times is apparently set, from 6
to 10 days. Although servers going down is not always Verant's fault, they
do go down, and when that happens, the spawn time is reset. If adventurers
were to wait 10 days after a server goes down, for a god to spawn, yet it
goes down again on the 9th day, then the spawn time will be reset yet again.
Actually, that's the case with the people I'm adventuring with. Cazic thule
, whom we've not yet killed on our server yet, we'd plan on going up against
Friday. He should spawn today (Thursday), but there's an update, which is
going to cause us to wait another week, hoping there isn't another update in
between that time. We've talked to the guides and GMs on our server, and
they told us that they can't spawn them, so why not have the unique
monsters..(Cazic Thule, Dracoliche, Vox, Nagafen) spawn when the servers are
brought back up, instead of having the 10 day timer.

When PoF is brought up, it will be empty of course, but perhaps you could
set Cazic to spawn within the first 16 hours, and then have the timer set to
10 days. Something similar can be done with the Dragons.

Questions:
Has anyone else had any problems like the ones I've stated? Cryosilk,
spawn times, etc?
Is there any info regarding what type of area the Plane of Hate will be? I
was hoping would be a city benign to dark elves, but I doubt I'll be so
lucky.

Spells comments:
(I only know this about wizard spells since I'm a wizard)
The wizards spells Sight, Magnify, and Gaze have no use whatsoever in my
opinion. If they augmented a spells range, they would, but so far, they seem
to do the exact same thing.

The wizard spells..Chill Sight and Heat sight, have no use to Dark Elf and
High Elven wizards. Gnomes too maybe. Not sure if they have infra or
ultravision. The reason why this spell is useless to us is because for one,
we can't overwrite our natural vision with them. As a dark elf with
ultravision, there is no effect when I cast Heat Sight on me. And the same
goes with High Elves using Chill Sight. The other reason why the spell is
useless is because we can't cast it on others.

I believe we should be able to cast those spells on others as well as give
others the Halo of Light and Sphere of light we're able to create. Other
classes can summon coldstones and trade them. Others summon bandages and
daggers and swords, etc..but we can't even trade a sphere of light? I find
that odd. Neither of these spells helps me. Ultravision is the best vision
of them all I think, but it would help someone who died, and needs a light
source. Please look into this.

Sorry for the long post,

Thanks for reading.

Bastion, Tunare