Potions become scarcer ?

dre...@yahoo.com

Oct 23, 2002, 5:48:38 PM10/23/02
Once you buy a stash from a trader/apotechary, does his stock ever
renew itself ? I need a lot of cure common disease because of all
those blighted/sick critters, but they seem to become harder to get.

Also, what skill/att can reduce the chance of contracting these things
?

Earth Angel

Oct 23, 2002, 7:49:01 PM10/23/02

<dre...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

There are several spells of disease resistance you can buy from most
temples, mage guilds and telvanni areas or scrolls if you are not able to
cast the spells.....

Certain character classes have better resistance to disease and if you play
through the main quest you may just find you don't worry so much about
blight and cd any more (I won't say any more than that)

Ohio-nerd

Oct 23, 2002, 10:57:56 PM10/23/02
Most of the stash's renew immediately after you leave and talk again.

aelyria

Oct 24, 2002, 12:08:42 AM10/24/02

<dre...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Remember where you found the potions. Many of the potions -- and other
items regenerate every time you leave the conversation.

As for avoiding disease-- it seems that a weapon which keeps you at a
distance such as a spear or halbred gives you some protection. Also just
leave the corpses untouched if they are diseased. How is your restoration
magic? If it is moderately high you can purchase a cure disease spell. A
cure blight spell is also available but it is a higher level.

Briarroot

Oct 24, 2002, 12:22:36 AM10/24/02
dre...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Once you buy a stash from a trader/apotechary, does his stock ever
> renew itself ? I need a lot of cure common disease because of all
> those blighted/sick critters, but they seem to become harder to get.

They do renew their stock, but it takes quite a while.
You can learn (buy) the "Cure Common Disease" spell and
cast it on yourself to help out while you train Alchemy
high enough to make your own potions. ;-)

E. Deirdre Brooks

Oct 24, 2002, 12:21:38 AM10/24/02
aelyria wrote:

> As for avoiding disease-- it seems that a weapon which keeps you at a
> distance such as a spear or halbred gives you some protection. Also just
> leave the corpses untouched if they are diseased. How is your restoration
> magic? If it is moderately high you can purchase a cure disease spell. A
> cure blight spell is also available but it is a higher level.

Learn Rilm's Cure and Cure Blight Disease - Rilm's Gift is nice, but
only works on others (great for the quests that require you to cure a
Kwama Queen, or some poor soul standing by the side of the road).

Cure Blight is hard to cast, since it requires 100 Magicka. Pick up
potions, use Almsivi Intervention to go back to a temple to get a shrine
to cure disease, and so on.

After my first experience with a disease, I went nowhere without
potions.

--
E. D. Brooks | kalima...@attbi.com | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG

E. Deirdre Brooks

Oct 24, 2002, 12:35:57 AM10/24/02

Quite awhile? Usually, all it takes is leaving and re-entering the
barter screen.

Gary

Oct 24, 2002, 2:05:55 AM10/24/02
dre...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Once you buy a stash from a trader/apotechary, does his stock ever
> renew itself ? I need a lot of cure common disease because of all
> those blighted/sick critters, but they seem to become harder to get.

Various sellers have potions (and other things) that renew immediately
if you buy them all. My usual trick is to wander in to the potion seller
and buy their entire inventory then see what they have for sale, those
are the ones that recover. Then I sell everything back because most of
it I don't want. If you are short of money just do it with the potions
you want, Cure ??? and Restore ??? at a guess.

> Also, what skill/att can reduce the chance of contracting these things
> ?

Just carry potions, it's easier, and certain.

E. Deirdre Brooks

Oct 24, 2002, 2:48:38 AM10/24/02
Gary wrote:

> dre...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Once you buy a stash from a trader/apotechary, does his stock ever
> > renew itself ? I need a lot of cure common disease because of all
> > those blighted/sick critters, but they seem to become harder to get.
>
> Various sellers have potions (and other things) that renew immediately
> if you buy them all. My usual trick is to wander in to the potion seller
> and buy their entire inventory then see what they have for sale, those
> are the ones that recover. Then I sell everything back because most of
> it I don't want. If you are short of money just do it with the potions
> you want, Cure ??? and Restore ??? at a guess.

The nice thing about restocking inventories is that selling some of the
restocking stuff back permanently increases the total. I bought and sold
all of the restocking ingredients from Nalcarya a few times and now can
buy 32 Daedric hearts anytime I want... :)

Gary

Oct 24, 2002, 12:33:37 PM10/24/02
E. Deirdre Brooks wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>>dre...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>Once you buy a stash from a trader/apotechary, does his stock ever
>>>renew itself ? I need a lot of cure common disease because of all
>>>those blighted/sick critters, but they seem to become harder to get.
>>
>>Various sellers have potions (and other things) that renew immediately
>>if you buy them all. My usual trick is to wander in to the potion seller
>>and buy their entire inventory then see what they have for sale, those
>>are the ones that recover. Then I sell everything back because most of
>>it I don't want. If you are short of money just do it with the potions
>>you want, Cure ??? and Restore ??? at a guess.
>

> The nice thing about restocking inventories is that selling some of the
> restocking stuff back permanently increases the total. I bought and sold
> all of the restocking ingredients from Nalcarya a few times and now can
> buy 32 Daedric hearts anytime I want... :)

I got over enthusiastic making money from trading and the lass next to
the teleport booth in Balmora now has over 20,000 of one ingredient and
10,000 of several others.

Briarroot

Oct 24, 2002, 2:22:24 PM10/24/02
"E. Deirdre Brooks" wrote:

> Briarroot wrote:
> >
> > dre...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Once you buy a stash from a trader/apotechary, does his stock ever
> > > renew itself ? I need a lot of cure common disease because of all
> > > those blighted/sick critters, but they seem to become harder to get.
> >
> > They do renew their stock, but it takes quite a while.
> > You can learn (buy) the "Cure Common Disease" spell and
> > cast it on yourself to help out while you train Alchemy
> > high enough to make your own potions. ;-)
>
> Quite awhile? Usually, all it takes is leaving and re-entering the
> barter screen.

Uh no, at least not for me. When I was just starting the game I
tried to stock up on certain potions. That didn't work. Neither
did waiting a day. It took many days for the merchants to restock.
At the time I wondered if they would do this faster if I supplied
them with the proper ingredients. Never got around to testing that.
;-)

E. Deirdre Brooks

Oct 24, 2002, 8:01:11 PM10/24/02
Gary wrote:

> > The nice thing about restocking inventories is that selling some of the
> > restocking stuff back permanently increases the total. I bought and sold
> > all of the restocking ingredients from Nalcarya a few times and now can
> > buy 32 Daedric hearts anytime I want... :)
> >

> I got over enthusiastic making money from trading and the lass next to
> the teleport booth in Balmora now has over 20,000 of one ingredient and
> 10,000 of several others.

Nalcarya has over 200 master-quality mortar & pestles.

E. Deirdre Brooks

Oct 24, 2002, 8:02:15 PM10/24/02
Briarroot wrote:

> > Quite awhile? Usually, all it takes is leaving and re-entering the
> > barter screen.
>
> Uh no, at least not for me. When I was just starting the game I
> tried to stock up on certain potions. That didn't work. Neither
> did waiting a day. It took many days for the merchants to restock.
> At the time I wondered if they would do this faster if I supplied
> them with the proper ingredients. Never got around to testing that.
> ;-)

Strange. Merchants set to restock certain items restock them every time
you re-enter the barter screen. OTOH, it does seem that Abelle Chriditte
takes time to restock those exclusive restore health potions...

Briarroot

Oct 25, 2002, 12:50:32 AM10/25/02
"E. Deirdre Brooks" wrote:

> Briarroot wrote:
> >
> > > Quite awhile? Usually, all it takes is leaving and re-entering the
> > > barter screen.
> >
> > Uh no, at least not for me. When I was just starting the game I
> > tried to stock up on certain potions. That didn't work. Neither
> > did waiting a day. It took many days for the merchants to restock.
> > At the time I wondered if they would do this faster if I supplied
> > them with the proper ingredients. Never got around to testing that.
> > ;-)
>
> Strange. Merchants set to restock certain items restock them every time
> you re-enter the barter screen. OTOH, it does seem that Abelle Chriditte
> takes time to restock those exclusive restore health potions...

Hmm, I'm not doubting your word. I just wonder why I've
never seen this happen. Before I was able to learn the
Levitate spell I went around buying up all the Rising
Strength potions I could find, but the shops I'd already
visited didn't restock for many game days. Just one of
Morrowind's many mysteries, I guess! ;-)

Peter Bech

Nov 1, 2002, 5:58:37 AM11/1/02

"E. Deirdre Brooks" <KaliMa...@attbi.com> skrev i en meddelelse

If you create a 'cure disease on target' (any disease) you will cure the
targets
disease, not your own. For that you must 'cure desease on self'

merl

Peter Bech

Nov 1, 2002, 5:55:06 AM11/1/02

"Ohio-nerd" <bu...@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
If you check out the merchants stats in the editor, you will find that
the potion you search is in his inventory. Your purchase will not
diminish his store of potions. So if you leaves his shop or maybe
even the town, the potions will be back, when you later returns.

merl

Peter Bech

Nov 1, 2002, 6:04:27 AM11/1/02

"Briarroot" <woo...@iwon.com> skrev i en meddelelse

Find the merchants stats-screen in the editor. There all his available
potions are listed. Sometimes the programmer will have thought that
the restocking feature unbalance the game, and will have entered a
renewal delay. And if you are waiting to by another potion, even
a weeks delay (game time) can feel like an eternity

merl

Peter Bech

Nov 1, 2002, 6:11:39 AM11/1/02

"Briarroot" <woo...@iwon.com> skrev i en meddelelse

I depend on the guild chests in the mages guilds a lot.
a rising force potion is standard here. And they regenerate
frequently enough. As for the waiting time, you just need
to plan a bit ahead. Most mountain ranges even, can be
crossed without these potions

merl

Peter Bech

Nov 1, 2002, 6:06:05 AM11/1/02

"E. Deirdre Brooks" <KaliMa...@attbi.com> skrev i en meddelelse

Its an exclusive potion, so wouldn't it seems fair, if you have to wait a
bit longer
for such an item?

merl

Peter Bech

Nov 1, 2002, 6:14:16 AM11/1/02

"Gary" <PUTWing...@PUTtescoPUT.PUTnet> skrev i en meddelelse

And this is exactly the same solution as in DF. Clean out their entire
stock, leave the shop (or town), return - and they will have re-stocked
already

merl

kratom aka

Dec 6, 2021, 3:51:48 AM12/6/21
TRUSTED BLESSED KRATOM
AKA ( ANUGERAH KRATOM AMANAH, LLC )

Hello mam/sir. Kind Regards,
We are a supplier of KRATOM Product with fine quality.
we’re ready to send you our product,
KRATOM Do you know ?,
We have the limited offer in this end year because we are OFF 50%

and if you interested in joining us as a PARTNER
please contact us in brochure for more information,
let me know what you think
please check your attachment

OUR BROCHURE AND COMPANY PROFILE VIDEOS
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1da87lq9-euhbeYdn3jPfptmeWk6upw4F?usp=sharing

OUR COMPANY PROFILE VIDEOS :
https://youtu.be/LMMtF0PxN0Q
https://youtu.be/LYqzC8Gk4NM
https://youtu.be/7WfKm68_Liw

Trusted Blessed Kratom Tbk

Jan 10, 2022, 4:37:52 AM1/10/22
TRUSTED BLESSED KRATOM Tbk

The best product at an affordable price.
Why choose our product?

1. Hygienic drying process produces reliable quality
2. Fresh flour processing and distinctive aroma are produced from our kratom plantation.

TASTE AND QUALITY IS THE MAIN FOCUS WE ALWAYS KEEP ON FOR OUR PARTNERS AND CUSTOMERS DURING THIS.

For More Information :
Harland Wijaya - Head Of Sales & Marketing

Email :
sa...@trustedblessedkratom.com
harland.w...@gmail.com

Website : www.trustedblessedkratom.com