The option to rename items would make things easier

Seymore4Head

Aug 8, 2014, 6:58:36 PM8/8/14
Just being able to tag something as myarmor or mynecklace would make
it easier to find.

My alchemy ring
My alchemy necklace

would make everything be together on the convoluted inventory list.
An even easier way would be for the game to tag something with it's
attributes in front of the enchanted items.

alchemy gold ring
health enhanced armor
magic regen enhanced boots

Xocyll

Aug 8, 2014, 8:07:53 PM8/8/14
Seymore4Head <Seymor...@Hotmail.invalid> looked up from reading the
say:
And what game exactly is it you're referring to?

Xocyll

Seymore4Head

Aug 8, 2014, 10:28:20 PM8/8/14
Skyrim

Xocyll

Aug 9, 2014, 9:10:10 AM8/9/14
You can rename anything you enchant as part of the enchanting process.
I do it all the time to group my worn items.
IE a vampire character tends to have vampire rings, vampire amulets,
vampire cloak, vampire clothes etc just so it's all together in the list
and doesn't get sold by accident.

If you mean renaming something the game already created, no you can't do
that, but you can easily duplicate those items yourself naming them
anything you want.

If you don't have the skill yet, just temporarily boost it;
player.modav enchanting xxx to raise it to whatever level is needed for
the numbers you need with the soul gems you have.
player.modav enchanting -xxx to put it back to normal.

With a high enough enchanting skill you can create anything you have the
knowledge to make (and since you have the item you can destroy it to
learn how to make it then duplicate it.)
And with absurdly high skill you can create that item even with a petty
soul gem.

I recommend getting the any skill anywhere mod so you can make boots of
water breathing for instance instead of being limited to only rings and
headgear (why they did that I'll never know, but then a lot of the
enchanting system of Skyrim makes very little sense.)

Xocyll

Seymore4Head

Aug 9, 2014, 1:31:51 PM8/9/14
While it is useful to be able to rename items with enchanting, the
option to do it with all non quest items would be better.

I use potions to extend my enchanting and time is limited. I guess I
should just go ahead and try using the command line.

Xocyll

Aug 9, 2014, 2:53:34 PM8/9/14
It's a work around since you can't rename existing items except by
enchanting and of course you can't enchant an already magic item.

You can however command line your skill up and duplicate the item in
order to rename it.

Still have to buy the "blank" item (unless you know it's codes too and
can spawn one.

I just wish we still had a proper enchanting system and custom spells
maker of the previous (Daggerfall/Morrowind) games.

Actually I just wish they'd recreate Daggerfall with modern graphics,
but they'd probably pull a Hollywood and make something almost but not
quite entirely unlike Daggerfall.

Xocyll