I loved Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, Diablo and Skyrim

Seymore4Head

Jul 27, 2014, 10:23:42 PM7/27/14
What should I try next? I really want something similar to the first
two.

Although I usually play as a fighter, Arx Fatalis had the best magic
casting interface ever.

I really wish you could level up Skyrim without so many mouse clicks.
Like smithing, crafting better stuff should advance you higher faster.
The need for gold in Skyrim just isn't there.

Diablo worked better for advancing. Players that were willing to keep
at it would level up, but better players leveled up faster.

Ultima Underworld complaints. None. I was damn happy to have it.

What? You want me to just throw this stuff in the lava? Do you know
how much trouble it took me to get this stuff?

I really wish I could use voice commands. The voice interface should
store your voice commands. It should ask you to say the command and
then store your voice. I would take a bad voice interface over none.

Xocyll

Jul 28, 2014, 3:00:25 PM7/28/14
Seymore4Head <Seymor...@Hotmail.invalid> looked up from reading the
say:

>What should I try next? I really want something similar to the first
>two.

Well there's always Ultima Underworld 2.

>Although I usually play as a fighter, Arx Fatalis had the best magic
>casting interface ever.
>
>I really wish you could level up Skyrim without so many mouse clicks.
>Like smithing, crafting better stuff should advance you higher faster.
>The need for gold in Skyrim just isn't there.

Depends on the mods you use, but yeah, too many mouse clicks on average.
At least there are some automation mods for stuff like mining/wood
chopping, and if you have a programmable keystroke keyboard/other device
you can reduce the mouse clicks somewhat for things like selling stuff
individually "e <wait 10th of a second> y" macroed to a key then just
hold it down.
Makes selling/smelting much easier and maximizes gain.
Pity crafting/enchanting takes so many clicks though.

>Diablo worked better for advancing. Players that were willing to keep
>at it would level up, but better players leveled up faster.

Uh, but Diablo had no crafting.

>Ultima Underworld complaints. None. I was damn happy to have it.
>
>What? You want me to just throw this stuff in the lava? Do you know
>how much trouble it took me to get this stuff?

I found it hard to get rid of that artifact sword since it never wore
out unlike every other weapon in the game.

Xocyll