ancient keeper

Steve Cooper

Aug 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/21/98
Please help me. I got the ancient keeper levels to work and thought they
would be easy like DK's. But I was wrong. I am stuck on the first level. I
have dug out all the gold and earth, built all the rooms and trained all my
creatures to level 10 (1 warlock). when I go into the bit north towards the
portal I get attacked and killed by loads of creatures, please tell me what
to do as I am really stuck. thanks.

Andy Fordham

Aug 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/21/98
Time is one of your enemies here...the longer you wait to open the gap into
the water, the more heroes you will find have been generated by the hero
portal. Yet you need training time! I found the solution was to build a maze
that allowed imps to dig gold unmolested; and took time for the heroes (and
later visitors) to reach your heart. You have to lead the tunnels by as long
a route as you can make, and detail some Mistresses to Workshop duty-those
doors really help!
At least Mistresses are quick healers.....
Good luck!
Andy

Dorrin

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Steve Cooper wrote:

> trained all my creatures to level 10 (1 warlock). when I go into the bit
> north towards the portal I get attacked and killed by loads of creatures,
> please tell me what to do as I am really stuck. thanks.

Heres the way I did it...

Build a really long and convoluted passage from your heart to the entrance,
with the gold seam as the last passage. When the heroes appear, and you can
wait as long as you like for this, use the disease spell to infect them as they
enter your dungeon. However use it sparingly as it is very expensive. I used
imps to bunch the archers up, and they infected each other so I only actually
needed to cast disease twice. If some do survive to enter your inner rooms, use
the warlock to pick them off - pull him out when he gets really hurt to heal
himself, and he can kill them all at little cost to your heart.
When you win the first battle, build a bridge to claim the portal, but go no
further. Wait until all ten mistresses have entered, and are trained to at
least L6 (Lightning) then open the walls above the portal. A few tentacles will
appear, but they are easily removed by the mistresses.
Spend time training your mistresses to L10, and set them to full on
manufacturing magic doors (you can sell them to maintain your cashflow and pay
your minions) You will need a lot in reserve later as well. When you feel your
dungeon is ready, build a bridge around the outside, and start to claim the
area to the north.
Beware, inside the outer ring lurk some monks and a couple of reapers. The only
real entrance is the magic door to the south, and inside are some boulder
traps. Behind them is a horde of fairies and samurai. to defeat these guys, you
need to split them into manageable groups, so drop doors between them every so
often, and while they try to break through, use your mistresses to pick them
off a few at a time.
See why I said a LOT of doors :-)
When they are defeated, fortify the newly claimed walls, and start to prepare
more doors. Divide up the area into killing zones, and start to explore the
inner ring. There are some boulder traps scattered around. Caution, as soon as
you approach the heart, you release a dozen or so knights and an avatar, but
these are easily defeated in the same way as the fairies - divide and conquer.
There are also a few tunnelers that appear from behind those walls outside
where the gold was, but they are easily dealt with.

--
Confucious say "He who laughs last, not get joke"
Remove nospam. to reply.

Colin

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
How do you get started?? I can't see what to do!
I need an imp but there's only enough money to build a treasure room
square - but not where the money is. Tried possessing the critter but I
can't see how to move the money to a square where i can build on it - then
get an imp

Help

Colin

Colin

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

Colin wrote in message <6rpfb5$2a5$1...@plutonium.btinternet.com>...

Got started. Very neat idea.
So far AK is excellent - but tough!
Colin

Richard Delval

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
On Sun, 23 Aug 1998 17:18:07 +0100, "Colin" <col...@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>How do you get started?? I can't see what to do!
>I need an imp but there's only enough money to build a treasure room
>square - but not where the money is. Tried possessing the critter but I
>can't see how to move the money to a square where i can build on it - then
>get an imp
>
>Help
>

>Colin

neat puzzle.

Have you really tried all of the creature's spells?
you'll find that you *can* blast the treasure off the square.

-R

Don Cotnoir-Strong

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

Colin wrote in message <6rpfb5$2a5$1...@plutonium.btinternet.com>...
>Tried possessing the critter but I can't see how to move the money
> to a square where i can build on it...

One word: grenade.

Don

Colin

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
What a great level! Compliments to the creators. These are much better then
DK and as good as anything in DD.
Every time I thought I'd figured it out there was another problem to solve.
Really enjoyed this one!

Now to try to kill the knight in the next one. My ten level 10 dragons don't
seem to do the job! (Nice training room!)

Colin

Don Cotnoir-Strong

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98

Colin wrote in message <6s1q8t$216$1...@mendelevium.btinternet.com>...

>Now to try to kill the knight in the next one. My ten level 10 dragons
don't
>seem to do the job! (Nice training room!)

I kept him around as long as possible, just in case I lost a creature and
needed to train again. You do have to kill him to end the level, though, so
you'd better start thinking about how you might go about it.

Don

Don Cotnoir-Strong

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98

Don Cotnoir-Strong wrote in message <6s1tts$pqj$2...@polo.advicom.net>...

>Colin wrote in message <6s1q8t$216$1...@mendelevium.btinternet.com>...
>
>>Now to try to kill the knight in the next one. My ten level 10 dragons
>don't
>>seem to do the job! (Nice training room!)

Oh...you mean the KNIGHT, not the Avatar. Only thing that worked for me:
Barracks to get as many of themt there as you can, then use possess to pull
back anyone who is in danger of dying. I swear, the whole fight--one Knight
vs. 10 L10 Dragons took AN HOUR! Sheesh. (And a very attentive hour, at
that.)

don

Colin

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98

>>>Now to try to kill the knight in the next one. My ten level 10 dragons
>>don't
>>>seem to do the job! (Nice training room!)
>

>Oh...you mean the KNIGHT, not the Avatar. Only thing that worked for me:
>Barracks to get as many of themt there as you can, then use possess to pull
>back anyone who is in danger of dying. I swear, the whole fight--one
Knight
>vs. 10 L10 Dragons took AN HOUR! Sheesh. (And a very attentive hour, at
>that.)

Tried that! I fought it for three hours with ten level 10 dragons without
winning. It healed faster than I could damage it. Maybe because it got
wedged in a corner I couldn't hit it with enough at once. I'll see if I can
chase him out into the open where I can hit him with everything at once.

Colin

Andy Fordham

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
Posession is nine tenths of the fight! Flame Breath doesn't get a Dragon
very far normally, but when posessed, he really lets fly. Sometimes the
target doesn't seem to be affected, so I found that shooting a missile spell
and going straight back to FB corrects your Dragon's sights. Over in
minutes!

Andy

Pawel Simbierowicz

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
> Please help me. I got the ancient keeper levels to work and thought they
> would be easy like DK's. But I was wrong. I am stuck on the first level.
> have dug out all the gold and earth, built all the rooms and trained all

my
> creatures to level 10 (1 warlock). when I go into the bit north towards
the
> portal I get attacked and killed by loads of creatures, please tell me
what
> to do as I am really stuck. thanks.

Steve,

all you need to know is that guard post and temple block entrance from
water because of height difference. If you build a guard post at the edge
of the central lake, the archers will stay there, because they can't climb
onto your guard post from water. You can now get rid of them with the
disease spell (try to figure out yourself how exactly). Also later the
"loads of creatures" will not start moving towards your dungeon, because
the entrance to your dungeon is blocked with the guard post(s). You
can pick them off in smaller groups with a few of your girls.

Cheers,
Pawel

davep...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2015, 3:44:57 PM2/21/15
On Friday, August 21, 1998 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Steve Cooper wrote:
> Please help me. I got the ancient keeper levels to work and thought they
> would be easy like DK's. But I was wrong. I am stuck on the first level. I
> have dug out all the gold and earth, built all the rooms and trained all my
> creatures to level 10 (1 warlock). when I go into the bit north towards the
> portal I get attacked and killed by loads of creatures, please tell me what
> to do as I am really stuck. thanks.

Hi. I am on this level at the moment, and I am using grenade but the gold isn't moving anywhere. I have fired them all around the room but nothing is happening? That's basically the end of the game at this point

mate.b...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2018, 5:08:39 PM6/24/18
1998. augusztus 21., péntek 9:00:00 UTC+2 időpontban Steve Cooper a következőt írta:
> Please help me. I got the ancient keeper levels to work and thought they
> would be easy like DK's. But I was wrong. I am stuck on the first level. I
> have dug out all the gold and earth, built all the rooms and trained all my
> creatures to level 10 (1 warlock). when I go into the bit north towards the
> portal I get attacked and killed by loads of creatures, please tell me what
> to do as I am really stuck. thanks.

asd