Skirmish Mode Difficulties

David Salbstein

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

I read you can play a skirmish against the PC by running "keeper95.exe
-1player"

I have tried this, both in the "Run..." prompt on the Start menu and also
in DOS but my PC won't accept the parameter. Is there anyone out there who
can tell me what the stupid mistake I am making might be and let me know
how to play the skirmish?

Thanks

Thrakhath

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

In some cases, you have to use " at the start and end of the parameter. ie
"c:\program files\bullfrog\keeper\keeper95.exe -1player"
Don't forget the "s.

Jon

Jul 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/6/98

> Ahah! the problem is with the quotes. The run time module is looking for a
> program files called '-1player' - IOW the parameter needs to go *outside* of
> the quotes. as...
>
> "C:\program files\bullfrog\keeper\keeper95.exe" -1player
>
> This should sort the problem - Not tried it myself though.
>
> The Mighty Blob

Excuse my ignorance but what is skirmish mode?

Jon

--
"By all means marry. If you get a good wife you'll end up happy, if you
get a poor one you'll end up a philosopher." - Socrates

Ashputtle

Jul 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/6/98

Just wanted to tag on here and thank The Mighty Blob for solving my
skirmish problems -- I had been able to play it in Dungeon Keeper, but not
Deeper Dungeons.

Now I'd like my life back, please...

--
Ashputtle

"..I got the crystal ball
he said, and held it to the light
so I took it, all away from him,
and I showed him how to do it right."
Frank Zappa, "Cosmic Debris"

Don Cotnoir-Strong

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
Personally, I found the skirmish mode to be a waste of time: the 2-, 3-,
and 4-player levels are balanced to make the level equally difficult for all
players.

The AI just isn't good enough to play against in a balanced game--it needs
to have a serious advantage over any skilled player in order to be a
challenge. I tried a few of these levels and swatted them with very few
problems. The worst difficulty I had was in keeping my Imps alive against
all the traps that some of the levels had.

But, of course, all of the AI's Imps were getting pegged by the traps on his
end, so...

Don

xLisiq

May 28, 2022, 9:04:49 PM5/28/22
Holy fuck that's the oldest thread I found on the internet, anyone still alive and up to 1v1 me?