Useless traps.

Anthony McKenna

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

For some reason when a few traps of the same type are made in
the Workshop and I place a them somewhere, some of those traps
become un-useable. What I mean is - the number of traps made goes
to zero in the trap window when I can see that there are some traps
in the Workshop. Something happens to make the game think there
are less traps then there actually are. And the anoying thing is these
useless traps still take up space so the game keeps screaming at me
that my "Workshop is not big enough". Evenually I have a Workshop
filled with damn traps I can't use and the only way to fix this is to either
make a new Workshop or sell the one I have and build a new one in
its place.

Is anyone else having this problem or it just my stupid computer.

claymore....@virgin.net

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

the traps u see are already placed but your imps have not taken them to
their destination

Karsten Plesner

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

:>This does not seem to be the case. I've droped Imps on the traps in
:>the Workshop but they just run off - must have better things to do?
:>Even when there is nothing else for the Imps to do they still won't place
:>some traps. I can't understand what is going on.
:>

I've experienced the same problem. I think their's a bug buried somewhere.

Regards,
Karsten

Timothy John Daly-Farrell

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

:

--
I found that the imps run off if they are carrying gold.They tend to run
off and dump it in the treasure chamber first.Try creating imps directly

....and this above all things.
To thine own self be true.

Tim

Tyler Landas

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

I have the same problem. Don't think there's a way to fix it. I usually
end up with a huge workshop. Unless it's supposed to work like that so
you have to plan space it. I've installed the AI Patch and it still
works the same way and in Deeper Dungeons.

--Tyler

Nosmo

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

In article <6cv19n$c2p$1...@grissom.powerup.com.au>, Anthony McKenna
<amck...@powerup.com.au> writes

>For some reason when a few traps of the same type are made in
>the Workshop and I place a them somewhere, some of those traps
>become un-useable. What I mean is - the number of traps made goes
>to zero in the trap window when I can see that there are some traps
>in the Workshop.

OK, Anthony, and all you others with the same 'problem', listen up....

When you read the manual it should have told you that some traps can be
re-set after their pre-determined number of activations by the enemy.
If, for example, you have a boulder trap set and an ignorant samurai
bashes the door down behind it, he gets crushed. You will also notice
that the 'image' of the boulder trap where you originally placed it has
dimmed. Drop an imp onto this dimmed image (rather than onto the crate
in the workshop) and he will run off and fetch a boulder trap crate to
re-arm the trap. Although I can't remember all the figures I believe
that you can re-set this particular trap three times, therefore three
crates will be 'created' once the trap is initially set. The same is
true of all the other trap types too.

My advice is to not bother setting traps until a) you have a vulnerable
spot in your fortifications or, b) you want to venture out into
unexplored territory and risk an onslaught as you dig through your wall.

HTH.
--
Nosmo

Anthony McKenna

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

Nick Cole

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

I think you only have to drop them in the workshop, rather than on the trap.
The problem could be multiple workshops. After I have set a load of traps I
put a few imps in each and it works fine.

James

sjd...@easynet.co.uk

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:51:59 +0000, Nosmo <No...@nospam.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

Okay, not the same problem but similar! In level 19 (Mistle) I've
found the Boulder trap spell, and received a message saying that it
can only be used three times. An imp takes it to my workshop - so
far, so good. BUT - even though I can see the crate in the workshop,
I can't place the trap, as the 'boulder trap' icon dosn't appear on
the menu! I've re-tried this several times, but to no avail. Is
this a bug, or am I missing something obvious? I could really do with
the trap, cos there's a lot of highly-trained little buggers waiting
for me...!

Any ideas anyone?

Steve
Steve Dumbrell
sjd...@easynet.co.uk

Simon Sacerdoti

Mar 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/2/98

>Okay, not the same problem but similar! In level 19 (Mistle) I've
>found the Boulder trap spell, and received a message saying that it
>can only be used three times. An imp takes it to my workshop - so
>far, so good. BUT - even though I can see the crate in the workshop,
>I can't place the trap, as the 'boulder trap' icon dosn't appear on
>the menu! I've re-tried this several times, but to no avail. Is
>this a bug, or am I missing something obvious? I could really do with
>the trap, cos there's a lot of highly-trained little buggers waiting
>for me...!
>
>Any ideas anyone?

Yes. Go into the traps/doors menu and click on the blank space to the left
of the word of power trap. This is where the boulder trap would normally
be. You should find that it lets you place the trap even though the icon
doesn't show up.

Having said that, when I clicked there, it told me I only had one boulder
trap. Didn't place it, because I was doing so well without it, and I
finished the level without using it, so I don't know if it does actually let
you use three.

It's my favourite level so far, this one. I love the way you have to
capture and torture everything in order to get creatures!

Enjoy!

MarkDodd

Mar 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/2/98

You need to "place" the trap (as with all traps), then pick up an imp
and drop him on the placed trap. If you watch the location of the
trap for about 30-60 seconds you will see the imp pick up the trap and
carry it to the location you originally dropped it.

The "trap" will then change from being a "ghost" image to a solid one.
each trap has a number of uses that one used up it will change back to
a "ghost", then you have to have the same type of trap in your
workshop and then drop an imp on the trap again.

I hope this is clear.

MarK.