DK2 Editor

kmd...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2008, 7:54:57 AM6/10/08
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone is still messing about in the editor but I've come
across a problem that I was wondering if anybody has solved or found a
workaround for.

The fastest way to replicate the problem is to do the following:-

1. Create any size map.
2. Add a hero party (1 lord of the land).
3. Add a trigger to the lord of the land: When Created. (It's under
Events - any trigger will do anyway).
4. Attempt to add an action to the trigger. (Such as Attach portal
gem, or Make objective kill).

Before you can pick the action in step 4, infact, as soon as you click
Add Action the game crashes.

Note: The above works fine if it's a normal creature and not in a hero
party.

It's becoming annoying since it's seemingly impossible to create a
lord of the land in a hero party with the correct triggers/actions to
to be objective and have the portal gem....

So anyone know how to accomplish this or a work around? (Like maybe
creating the Lord of the land as normal then somehow moving him into a
hero party...)

FWIW I tried this under both Windows XP and Windows 98 to no avail...
It obviously worked for Bullfrog though (a la level3).

Thanks for any help anyone can offer...

Kenny

Kenny Millington

Jun 12, 2008, 8:01:20 AM6/12/08
To bump my own post a bit...

> It's becoming annoying since it's seemingly impossible to create a
> lord of the land in a hero party with the correct triggers/actions to
> to be objective and have the portal gem....

Just wanted to say that to anyone who searches for a fix I managed to
get it working, details and a patch program are available from my
blog:-

http://www.kennynet.co.uk/blog/?p=5

People are welcome to mirror both the information and the patch file,
although I'd ask if you to could maintain credit to me and MercAngel
(who's original patch back in 2001 helped alot with the one I made).

Thanks,
Kenny