Modem trouble

Adam Levine

Mar 4, 1994, 11:07:36 PM3/4/94
My friend and I were trying to play Doom over the modem for the first
time, but we ran into some problems. I have a Practical Peripherals
14.4FXSA, and he has a US Robotics 14.4 Sportster external fax/modem.
Whenever he tries to call me through the Doom setup utility, his modem
does not even dial or the program does not recognize his modem.
Therefore, we tried connecting on our comm programs, shelling to dos, and
using the "already connected" choice, but it just hung with the message
"trying to connect" or whatever. We have tried just about everything and
I've tried all the different init strings for each of our modems, but
nothing works. Can anyone please help? Please respond in this message
group or e-mail me.

a...@interaccess.com

rud...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2018, 5:30:34 PM10/29/18
I don't know. I have a 33.6 modem it works every time. You probably need to try a different init string.

Zombied Ant

Oct 29, 2018, 9:38:15 PM10/29/18
You still play DOOM on dial-up?!
--
Quote of the Week: "The little ant at its hole is full of courage." --African
/\___/\Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org / http://antfarm.ma.cx
| |o o| | ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and URL/link.
\ _ /
( )

Spladam

Jun 16, 2021, 5:07:01 AM6/16/21
My favorite thing about Google Groups is people replying to 20 yo post.

Ant

Jun 16, 2021, 3:59:18 PM6/16/21
Spladam <lastthingy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 8:38:15 PM UTC-5, Zombied Ant wrote:
> > rud...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > I don't know. I have a 33.6 modem it works every time. You probably need to try a different init string.
> > You still play DOOM on dial-up?!

> My favorite thing about Google Groups is people replying to 20 yo post.

It's not just on Google Groups. ;)
--
So many issues, and so little time and energy! Crazy last week and soon this hot week. My blood pressure went up too. :(
| |o o| |

Korwin

Jun 17, 2021, 4:14:18 PM6/17/21
Hello!

On Saturday, 5 March 1994 at 07:07:36 UTC+3, Adam Levine wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 October 2018 at 00:30:34 UTC+3, rud...@gmail.com wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 June 2021 at 22:59:18 UTC+3, Ant wrote:

I still don't understand why I was getting warnings on Steam for necroposting. Well, people communicate over the decades in one topic, and everything looks natural, and there is no need to create a separate topic for each message. Do you agree?

OldbieOne

Nov 16, 2021, 4:03:28 PM11/16/21

"Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
Had no idea Google still archived USENET

Ant

Nov 16, 2021, 6:26:54 PM11/16/21
OldbieOne <m...@here.com> wrote:
> > > My favorite thing about Google Groups is people replying to 20 yo post.
> >
> > It's not just on Google Groups. ;)

> Had no idea Google still archived USENET

They do, but not all. :( I miss DejaNews!
--
Is summer finally over? Weather and slammy life are so crazy! Being old sucks. :(

OldbieOne

Nov 24, 2021, 3:05:28 PM11/24/21

> > > It's not just on Google Groups. ;)
>
> > Had no idea Google still archived USENET
>
> They do, but not all. :( I miss DejaNews!

Is DejaNews still going??

--
OldbieOne

The One Who Tells It Like It Is (TM)
Brought to you by RetroPC w/Windows v4.0.950B

Ant

Nov 24, 2021, 6:52:33 PM11/24/21

Nope. http://dejanews.com and https://www.fastusenet.org/blog/what-is-dejanews-where-did-it-go.html :(
--
:) Thxgiving Eve & hump day, but slammy! Being old sucks. Still so many stuff 2 do & C! Every (body & thing) R moving & changing! :(

OldbieOne

Dec 1, 2021, 1:38:19 PM12/1/21

> OldbieOne <m...@here.com> wrote:
>
> > "Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
> > post.

> > > They do, but not all. :( I miss DejaNews!
>
> > Is DejaNews still going??
>
> Nope. http://dejanews.com and
https://www.fastusenet.org/blog/what-is-dejanews-where-did-it-go.html :(

Dang :(

Ant

Dec 1, 2021, 9:43:00 PM12/1/21
OldbieOne <m...@here.com> wrote:

> "Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
> > OldbieOne <m...@here.com> wrote:
> >
> > > "Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
> yo
> > > post.

> > > Is DejaNews still going??
> >
> > Nope. http://dejanews.com and
> https://www.fastusenet.org/blog/what-is-dejanews-where-did-it-go.html :(
> >

> Dang :(

:(
--
2021's last/final mo. So many spams & updates on its 1st (hump) day! Tired again after not sleeping well & much (recent/late)ly. 2 naps (4.25h+.75h) 2 make <11h total 4 11/30/21. :(

meta

Jan 10, 2022, 4:05:03 AM1/10/22
In article <l6GdnZsYG9cwrzX8...@earthlink.com>
a...@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote: