DeHackEd 2.0 release

Gregory Alan Lewis

Sep 11, 1994, 10:35:40 PM9/11/94
In article <3502q6$m...@lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu>,
Gregory Alan Lewis <gr...@umich.edu> wrote:
> DeHackEd 2.0 has now been released. It features Doom 1.666 support, editing
>of all the major exe info, and a few other neat options. Doom ][ support is
>NOT included, because the only Doom ][ copies out there right now are PIRATE
>copies. When Doom ][ becomes legal, I will releaes DeHackEd 2.1, with Doom

Silly me, I seem to have forgotten to include the filename to get DeHackEd
2.0. Check on infant2.sphs.indiana.edu, in the directory pub/doom/incoming.
T%he filename is DHE20.ZIP. Later, when the incoming directory gets
cleaned out, look for it in pub/doom/wad_edit/doomhack, with the same filename.
Sorry about that everyone!

Tree
Author, DeHackEd
Author, TREE3.WAD

Gregory Alan Lewis

Sep 11, 1994, 7:11:02 PM9/11/94
DeHackEd 2.0 has now been released. It features Doom 1.666 support, editing
of all the major exe info, and a few other neat options. Doom ][ support is
NOT included, because the only Doom ][ copies out there right now are PIRATE
copies. When Doom ][ becomes legal, I will releaes DeHackEd 2.1, with Doom
][ support.

The text file:

DeHackEd v. 2.0
By Greg Lewis (Tree)
gregor...@umich.edu
The premiere Doom.exe hack editor!

DeHackEd is capable of totally restructuring the way Doom works. Peruse
the Thing tables in the Doom.exe file, and modify them at will. Make
fireballs invisible! Make missiles do 2000 points of damage! Make demons
float! Edit the Ammo tables to help your struggling Marine with more
ammo! Edit the Frame tables, and create new looking items, or extra-fast
shooting weapons! And save your changes in patch files to distribute to
your friends. Create new types of deathmatches, with plasma "mines" and
super-fast wimpy rockets. Wad developers can create new types of monsters
to distribute with their levels... great new possibilities!

One patch file has been included, an updated patch for super-rapid-fire
weapons for Doom 1.666 (thanks for the idea Chris!). Load it and have at
'em! (Note: Those patches are not backwards compatible to Doom 1.2!)
Every weapon has been upgraded, and the chaingun has been given Super
Shotgun capabilities (since the pistol is already as fast as the chaingun).
A few other effects have been thrown in also, just for kicks.

Disclaimer: the author is NOT responsible for any damage, corrupting,
or trashing of the doom.exe file that this program causes.

Many thanks to Matt Fell (matt.b...@acebbs.com) for the specs
that made this possible. Also, to Id for the great game! It is a
good idea to pick up a copy of the doom.exe hack specs, available
at infant2.sphs.indiana.edu. For general help, read the file DEHACKED.HLP.

If anyone is interested in adding code to this program, email me and
I can give you the stuff I've got now to look at. Or, if someone wants
to take care of DeHackEd altogether, let me know.

New to version 2.0:
Support for Doom 1.2 and Doom 1.666.
Text data editing
Multiple patch loading
More robust input functions. ESC will get out of entering basically
any input.
Cool windows, arrow keys to move around the fields.
.ini file for paths and filenames.
New 'j'ump command, to jump to the current information in another
table.
New patch file format, incompatible with old format.
Allows sound/sprite editing.

Douglas R Beck

Sep 12, 1994, 11:45:27 AM9/12/94
Gregory Alan Lewis <gr...@umich.edu> wrote:

> DeHackEd 2.0 has now been released.

> Check on infant2.sphs.indiana.edu, in the directory pub/doom/incoming.

> The filename is DHE20.ZIP.

Once again, a prompt release of the ##AWESOME## program DeHackEd! Thanks, Tree!

X// Douglas Beck | Tektronix, Inc | Oregon State University //
// Beaverton,Or | doug...@tcsegp1.PEN.TEK.COM | be...@holmes.ece.orst.edu //X