SATANISTS!

Mark Linehan

Dec 24, 1994, 8:38:45 AM12/24/94
David Kammeyer (kamm...@flowbee.interaccess.com) wrote:
: This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in hell
: because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic game that has no
: place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral America)
: has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom and
: similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan worshiper!

: --
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------
: The church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can usually look the other way when some pencil-dick leaves his
terminal unattended, but this is just too rich to pass up.

1. You spend so much time trying to find SATAN how do you possibly have
enough time left over for Jesus Christ?

2. OTHER satanistic games?!!?!? GREAT! Give us a list god damn it!

The church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Doom ][ Players

Personally, I think Jesus would make an AWESOME doom 2 monster, and we
could throw in Moses, and Goliath, and adam and eve, Hey! All you DOOM
guru's get to work on this! Haven't you always wanted to frag a saint?

mlin...@netcom.com * If you'll buy it, I'll sell it, electronics *
(508)745-2929 Ext #139 . RAM . CPU's . PC's . DRIVES . MODEMS . MORE!

David Kammeyer

Dec 16, 1994, 6:22:35 PM12/16/94

Randy Abele

Dec 17, 1994, 5:04:37 PM12/17/94
In article <3cvfjo$l...@voyager.cris.com>, Or...@voyager.cris.com (ORCUS)
writes:

> Msg-ID: <3cvfjo$l...@voyager.cris.com>
>
> Org. : Concentric Research Corporation
>
> In article <3ct7fr$m...@nntp.interaccess.com>,

> David Kammeyer <kamm...@interaccess.com> wrote:
> >This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in hell
> >because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic game that has no
> >place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral
> America)
> >has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom and
> >similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan worshiper!
> >

> Ack!
> We're all DOOMed! DOOMed!
> ;)
> Orcus

No!! Orcus, you better take this guy seriously. I've noticed
satanic streaks in my persona since I got DOOM but WHO CARES CUZ ITS FUN!
--
--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--
--==[> Randy "Quantum" Abele [Randy...@mindlink.bc.ca] <]==--

Jean-Francois Fortin

Dec 17, 1994, 6:02:16 PM12/17/94
Randy Abele (a11...@mindlink.bc.ca) wrote:
: > Org. : Concentric Research Corporation
: > >This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in hell

: > >because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic game that has no
: > >place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral
: > America)
: > >has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom and
: > >similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan worshiper!
Sorta like banning books with swears, shocking ethnic implications, books
with racism and other realistic stuff. Although doom isn't exactly real
it is already rated 17+ Mature Players only and warns of it's gore. As for
satanic game I do not see satan in there at all. So what if there's
pentagrams in the game, I mean they are used to represent virtue too as in
the pentangle for "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight." There may be
"demons" in the game but those are "pink horrors." The game is addictive,
that is agreed, but I was recently thinking you could also make it totally
non-gory. Like say Make all monsters different people of different needs
of love and your different weapons, different degrees of love dispensers.
You would be a sort of care bear shooting love out to the worls and the
enemies would be shooting tears of discontent at you. Once you kill them,
they sit down or lay down (less screen space taken up) with a happy face.
What I think people REALLY enjoy about doom is its virtual reality
environment, it's flexibility in its most basic component parts and it's
multiplayer real-time capability.

On top of that, there is the less convincing argument that you are
fighting against Satan. How can you argue that by defeating Satan over
and over again you are slowly becoming a Satan worshipper? I mean I'll
grant you the fact that Doom is a violent game but come on! That's where
entertainment and release of frustration come into the argument. Again,
it is also rated 17 and warns of its violence.

You will notice that a great majority of games implicate violence and
doom is no difference. So before you proceed to ban doom, why don't you
go ban all its predecessors and all the other companies that produce
violent games! The only non-violent games are mostly kid and educational
games which are out of contex for this audience.

So, I think I've nullified your points, and if you feel any different,
feel free to respond with a cross-post to this message.

: > We're all DOOMed! DOOMed!
: > ;)
(NOT!) ;^)

: No!! Orcus, you better take this guy seriously. I've noticed

: satanic streaks in my persona since I got DOOM but WHO CARES CUZ ITS FUN!

Yikes! Satanism is fun? I have not noticed it, so maybe it's
unconscious? Nah, probably not. I mean I'm sure v1.666 has nothing to do
with it. <grin> Or even the FAQ v6.666 for that matter, after all they
did release another version v1.7a and a Doom I v1.8 is expected, so hey,
those version numbers are a thing of the past... :)

TTYAL

Jean-Francois Fortin jfo...@amc.ualberta.ca
"Deny Everything." X-Files "Trust no one." X-Files |"YES!!" Enthused
"Target that explosion and fire!" Sulu & Kirk ST6 TUC | Data, ST Generations
"Let me see if I can get the Klingon's attention..." Riker, STTNG, lst epsd

MrDinky

Dec 16, 1994, 8:54:24 PM12/16/94
>This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in hell
>because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic game that has no
>place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral America)

>has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom and
>similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan worshiper!

Well, I'm not too sure, and it's difficult to tell, but it's almost like
this could be flame bait or something <G>. Seriously though,if you don't
have anything more useful than this to post, you should probably throw
yourself into the open mouth of a volcano.

James Hamilton Sayers

Dec 17, 1994, 3:44:27 AM12/17/94
David Kammeyer (kamm...@flowbee.interaccess.com) wrote:
: This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in hell
: because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic game that has no
: place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral America)
: has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom and
: similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan worshiper!

LONG LIVE SATAN! Look at it this way, Jesus freak, if there weren't
people like us to bitch at, you'd have nobody to think you're better
than, and you'd probably kill yourself, and go to hell with us. You
wouldn't have anything to do if there weren't people who actually think
once in a while.

Paul E. Kehler

Dec 26, 1994, 2:53:30 PM12/26/94

In a previous article, ho...@netcom.com ("h0mi") says:

>kamm...@interaccess.com wrote:
>>This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in hell
>

>At least this way we know our way around and can shoot our way out.

>>because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic game that has no
>>place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral America)
>>has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom and
>>similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan worshiper!
>

>Oh please. I'm a Christian and don't worship satan because I love this game.
>
>--
>"I have no respect for the passion of equality, which seems to me merely
>idealizing envy." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. ho...@netcom.com
>Don't like guns? Don't buy one.

Oh, look...another Jehova witness...mMmMMm...how fun. I play Doom,
I love Doom...I'm hardly satanic. I AM a tad strange at times, but
people who would suddenly becaome a satanist because of this game
(which simply will not happen) do not describe myself, nor the
remainder of the population.

Doom is a game. Nothing more than a form of entertainment, which will
not cause bad stuff.

I R A Aggie

Dec 27, 1994, 2:12:13 PM12/27/94
David Kammeyer (kamm...@flowbee.interaccess.com) wrote:
+ : This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in hell
+ : because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic game that has no
+ : place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral America)
+ : has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom and
+ : similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan worshiper!

Ok, it's flame bait. <*chomp,chomp*>. Care to explain, exactly, how I'm
supposed to become a satan worshiper when I'm trying to frag the devil's
minions and either fight my way out of hell (Doom) or send them pukes back
to hell (Doom II)?

James - I want Bill the Gates as a cacodaemon, tho...

Neil Barker

Dec 27, 1994, 3:47:36 PM12/27/94
In article <1994Dec26....@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>

Is it not better that we shoot things up on our computers than do so in
real life ?
And please don't tell use that this sort of thing inspires us to go out
and shoot people for real - that'd be more bullshit....

: Neil Barker, Birmingham, England : DOOM 2 - been there, done it :
: : bought the t-shirt... : :
: ne...@nbarker.demon.co.uk : :
: : :

MBartmess

Dec 27, 1994, 11:18:47 PM12/27/94
What are you talking about. There is nothing satanic in DOOM. An action
game. Think, yes, think. A few simple graphics have nothing to do with any
god or demon.

What would give you the slightest impression there is something demonic in
DOOM. My son has one of those new books that has the push button sound
effect in the margin. The sound of the black bear very nearly resembles
the sound of a wounded sergeant in DOOM. Is this children's story demonic?
I don't think so.

Another book of his has a character with a wild grin that some would term
a demonic grin. These graphics in the child's book are definitley not
satanic.

You've lost your mind and your god if you have nothing better to do than
see demons in video action games.

William Sperling

Dec 28, 1994, 2:04:31 AM12/28/94
Why is everyone still talking about this stupid lame topic? Obviously
no one on this newsgroup thinks that Doom is satanic. Excluding the
moron who wrote the original post. The guy was an idiot looking for
flames and shouldn't even have been honered with a response.

Adam

Kirk D Packwood

Dec 28, 1994, 1:53:26 PM12/28/94
Hank Studdard (dri...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: >
: kamm...@flowbee.interaccess.com (David Kammeyer) writes:
: >>This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in hell

: >>because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic game that has
: no
: >>place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral
: America)
: >>has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom and
: >>similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan
: worshiper!
: >>
: >>
: >>--

: >>----------------------------------------------------------------------
: ----
: >>The church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints
: >>----------------------------------------------------------------------
: ----
: >
: >I hope this is a joke, this is no place for a religion debate....
: >anyway if you want to read about a scarey person who probably is in
: Hell
: >read about Bringham Young, the founder of the The church of Jesus
: Christ of
: >Latter-Day Saints....enuff said.....
: >

: what the hell is a "Later Day Saint" ?

a loser who searches for flame bait

Horrock

Dec 29, 1994, 9:18:37 PM12/29/94
This is why I like being a Jew; I don't come under "Christian Ethics" <G>

Todd Johnson

Dec 29, 1994, 11:49:06 PM12/29/94
<mlinehanD...@netcom.com>
<stricherz-271...@aggie.ocean.fsu.edu>

In article <stricherz-271...@aggie.ocean.fsu.edu>,

stri...@coaps.fsu.edu (I R A Aggie) says:

>David Kammeyer (kamm...@flowbee.interaccess.com) wrote:

>+ : This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in
hell
>+ : because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic
game that has no
>+ : place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral
America)
>+ : has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom
and
>+ : similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan
worshiper!

If you can't stand the heat from an Imp's fireball, Stay the HELL out
of Hell's Kitchen. It's my damn computer and I'll put whatever I
want on it and I dare any of you censors to tell me I can't frag a
Cacodemon or a Mancubus and send them BACK to Hell!! We
don't bother you so leave us alone. Go out and pass out fliers or
better yet

_____________
| |
| 25 cents |
| |
-----------------------

Here's an electronic quarter, E-mail someone who cares
Quit wasting bandwidth with your drivel. OK!!

P. J. Remner

Dec 30, 1994, 12:26:13 PM12/30/94

In a previous article, dri...@ix.netcom.com (Hank Studdard) says:

>what the hell is a "Later Day Saint" ?

A Mormon.

- Pete (*cough* holy wars, inquisitions, witchunts, no, Christians
are the best, finest people in the world, yep, sure are..)
--

Ride the Schwinn that should not be.

James Young

Dec 31, 1994, 2:08:47 PM12/31/94
+ : This message is to inform you that you are all going to burn in hell
+ : because you play doom. Doom is a very sick and demonic game that has no
+ : place in our christian world. Our group (Christians for a moral America)
+ : has already had legislation pass the initial stages to ban Doom and
+ : similar satanistic games. Stop now before you become a satan worshiper!

Man, where you been for the last 200 years?? I reckon in a previous
life you were a member of the Spanish Inquisition!! Do you honestly think
that a GAME could possibly convert people over to worshipping Satan??
You're hallucinating!! Been on the incense a bit too much?? Anyway, in
DOOM, the player DESTROYS the Demons, not HELPS them!! Your Christians
for a moral America should disappear into your little bomb shelters with
your stored food (and weapons), and pull another David Karesh stunt and
wait for Armageddon to come along!! Satan worshipper?? Do you have any
definitive proof that there is a force of supreme good, and a force of
supreme evil?? I can prove that God is a sadist, and thusly must be the
devil!! Therefore, you, as a worshipper of God, MUST BE A SATANIST YOURSELF!!

You were REALLY asking it posting that piece of christian propaganda
bullshit to this newsgroup, or for that matter anywhere on Internet!!
Ever heard of the 1st Amendment?? FREEDOM OF SPEECH!! Sure, you can
say what you like, but BE PREPARED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES!! Do you really
honestly believe that you can BAN a computer game for the sole purpose
that it contravenes your pathetic beliefs?? Hahahaha!!

Are you a Jehovah's Witness by any chance?? I was with that
psychopathic hypocritical booksellers for 10 years before I finally woke
up, and left!! They are SOOOOOOOOOOO hypocritical, and in actual fact, so
are MOST 'religions'. 'Whitewashed graves, but inside are dead men's
bones'. Why, here in Australia, a man just came out from a Church praying
group, and then proceeded to brutally rape and murder a six-year old
child!! Is that religion?? Personally, I'd feel safer with a bunch of
sane athiests than with a bunch of mis-guided radicals who NEED a sense of
direction in their miserable lives!!

Consider your beliefs! Note the hypocrisy. Note your speech. You
speak propoganda, my 'friend'. There is no connection with viewing habits
causing violent crime, or for that matter, rapes. When England banned
hardcore pornography, rapes and violent crimes went UP, directly in
synchonization with the ban!! Have you considered that MAYBE, just
MAYBE these games ACTUALLY re-inforce people's beliefs, and increase their
hatred for evil things?? I'll bet you haven't. Next thing, you'll be
saying that having the word 'Satan' on my hard drive will make it come
alive and kill my family brutally with a kitchen knife slotted into the
5.25" drive slot!! Maybe you'll make women wear chastity belts to stop
teenage pregnancy. Hopefully you will just vanish from this newsgroup,
and hopefully off the face of this sweet earth, and not give any of us
your pathetic sickening 'beliefs'. If you can't benefit this group,
SHUT UP AND LEAVE!! I believe I speak for a number of people on this group.

BTW - I am not an Atheist as such, I do believe in higher powers, but not a
God as such, nor a Devil as you know it.

Burn in Gehennom, Christian Propaganda Hurler.

+================+===================================================+
| _ /| Ooga, | James Young |
| 'o.O' Booga! | (jyo...@apanix.apana.org.au) |
| =(___)= | -=<* MeMBeR oF PRieSTS oF PoWeR - DeMo GRouP *>=- |
| U | ALsO KNoWN aS: NightStalker & Gr8_Ape |
+================+===================================================+

jari james

Dec 31, 1994, 3:16:17 AM12/31/94
-=> Quoting Ka...@ix.netcom.com to All <=-

Ka> Why is everyone still talking about this stupid lame topic? Obviously
Ka> no one on this newsgroup thinks that Doom is satanic. Excluding the
Ka> moron who wrote the original post. The guy was an idiot looking for
Ka> flames and shouldn't even have been honered with a response.

Ka> Adam

Folks must be boared. Come on troops! Play more VR and let this
one die quietly :}

Jari

... "Why Johnny Can't Read" - Now available on VHS.
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Todd Johnson

Dec 31, 1994, 2:52:34 PM12/31/94
<D1LxD...@dorite.use.com>

In article <D1LxD...@dorite.use.com>, tjoh...@iquest.net (Todd
Johnson) says:

From: N...@wwg3.uovs.ac.za (Wouter and Chokkie)
Subject: Re: SATANISTS!
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 14:23:41 GMT
Cc: N...@wwg3.uovs.ac.za

Todd,
Sorry for the direct mail, my server would not allow me to follow up to the
group. Please forward to the group. Sorry again.

I'm not asking for a flame now, but I just have to answer.
I played Doom II, past the first "episode", much further (never counted,
must be about 20 levels). But way before its end, I deleted the whole thing
from my computer. See, I started dreaming about it, even during the day,
and always it was dark and pressing. Yes, say it, balony, but ever since
taking it off, I feel I can breathe easier. I'm not shouting "Satanic", I'm
merely saying that this one does something to my mental state. Maybe its
spiritual, maybe not. But after hundreds of games, I finally deleted one
before the end! (Actually not, Lemmings also went, other reasons). I think
Doom would have been better without the satanis symbols, goat heads
etc.

Wouter de Lange

Rex Jackson

Dec 31, 1994, 4:35:07 PM12/31/94
In <D1oxv...@dorite.use.com> tjoh...@iquest.net (Todd Johnson)
writes:

You, sir, are a putz. Sure, I've had games enter my dreams when I've
been WAY into playing them. It started back in the early 80's when I use
to play marathon sessions of AD&D. Recently I dreamed that my cat was
helping me look for aliens in X-Com. Doom is PERFECT just the way it is.
When I got the original shareware release of Doom I remember thinking
that the endlevel music was the creepiest thing I'd ever heard. Then I
saw the Barons. If you are too sensitive for Doom then go buy Jazz
Jackrabbit (my friend's daughters love it) and leave Hell to the
Marines.

Mark Fisher

Jan 2, 1995, 9:05:29 AM1/2/95
In article <D1oxv...@dorite.use.com>, tjoh...@iquest.net says...

I'm also a Christian and am actually working with a well know world-wide
Christian missionary organization. I've had a lot of fun with DOOM and have
not experienced any of the effects that you have. I too would love to see
these games drop the Santanic symbols. Not that I think the people wrting
it or playing it are Santanists, only that I think it is un-nessesary. I've
met real Satanists in my work and it is nothing to joke around about.

While I still like DOOM, mainly for the competition involved in a network
game, I'm have had a look at Dark Forces and that games is equally good and
without the un-needed symbols.

Mark Fisher
Amsterdam, Holland

Brian Bagnall

Jan 2, 1995, 3:03:02 PM1/2/95
(Mark Fisher) writes:

>I'm also a Christian and am actually working with a well know world-wide
>Christian missionary organization. I've had a lot of fun with DOOM and have
>not experienced any of the effects that you have. I too would love to see
>these games drop the Santanic symbols. Not that I think the people wrting
>it or playing it are Santanists, only that I think it is un-nessesary. I've
>met real Satanists in my work and it is nothing to joke around about.

The pentacostal is a symbol of the Paganistic religion that Celtic people used
to practice, is it not? I find nothing wrong with it. Just a remnant from an
old, defunct religion.

Sean Clark

Jan 3, 1995, 11:27:00 AM1/3/95

>>Doom would have been better without the satanis symbols, goat heads
>>etc.
>>
>>Wouter de Lange

M>I'm also a Christian and am actually working with a well know world-wide

>Christian missionary organization. I've had a lot of fun with DOOM and have
>not experienced any of the effects that you have. I too would love to see
>these games drop the Santanic symbols. Not that I think the people wrting
>it or playing it are Santanists, only that I think it is un-nessesary. I've
>met real Satanists in my work and it is nothing to joke around about.

M>While I still like DOOM, mainly for the competition involved in a network

>game, I'm have had a look at Dark Forces and that games is equally good and
>without the un-needed symbols.

Isn't that kind of like saying Wolfenstein 3D would have been better
without those evil swastika's and pictures of Hitler?

* QMPro 1.52 * When facts meet the legend, go with the legend.

Don Simpson

Jan 3, 1995, 10:04:19 AM1/3/95
In article <3e4a7v$5...@tipellium.apana.org.au> jyo...@seldon.apanix.apana.org.au (James Young) writes:
>From: jyo...@seldon.apanix.apana.org.au (James Young)
>Subject: Re: SATANISTS!
>Date: 31 Dec 1994 19:08:47 GMT

Well here goes. I am a Christian and a new Doom player. I attend what is
called by some a holy roller denomination. I am an active participant in my
Church and I live Holy.

Now let me say this: Playing doom is a gross thing. It is an enjoyable game.
I am not sure that all of the gore is necessary. However it is a tremendous
way to have fun. As of yet I can find nothing that comes between me and my
Lord Jesus Christ as I play the game.

I have a good friend who plays doom with me and he lives some 200 miles away
in Cullman, AL. He and I really have a ball. We are both Christians and
both attend the Church of God.

I believe in the laying on of hands and the speaking in tongues. Healing and
all sorts of spiritual things. I believe that Christ will come again and
reign. I also believe that my liberty should not be judged by another man's
concience. 1 cor. 14. People who spend all of there time worrying about what
other people are doing are simply judging my liberty by there consience.

I see nothing unholy about this game. I wonder if perhaps I
could not spend my time more wisely than playing it. However that is my
business.

Please don't think that Christianity is a judgemental thing. It is not meant
to be. In the scriptures Christ commands, "Judge not, unless you want to
be judged". This says it all. I don't try to tell anyone what they should
do or not do. I prefer not to be judged as well.

So please remain calm and this too shall pass.

Don Simpson

Anybody want to play doom in Atlanta????
404-516-0971
Normal hours only please.

Greg_Walra...@notes.worldcom.com

Jan 3, 1995, 1:00:01 PM1/3/95
Shoot, if it's the pentangles (pentagrams, whatever) that bug you, you might
poke around for a utility to get rid of them. There was such a thing for
Doom 1, might even be one for Doom II now.

As for the dreams- don't let that bother you too much. I had similar dreams
after using a CAD program for WAY too long to redesign my parent's kitchen.

Vidgame528

Jan 3, 1995, 4:56:21 PM1/3/95
It's REALLY obvious that this guy WAS trolling for posts. If he was really
a member

Don Simpson

Jan 4, 1995, 3:12:58 PM1/4/95
In article <3ech65$7...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> vidga...@aol.com (Vidgame528) writes:
>From: vidga...@aol.com (Vidgame528)
>Subject: Re: SATANISTS!
>Date: 3 Jan 1995 16:56:21 -0500

>It's REALLY obvious that this guy WAS trolling for posts. If he was really
>a member

You know I have had some time to think about this and here is a thought for
all of the people who think that doom is evil.

It is! It's about demons. Demons that take over the world. The reason
that there is satanic symbols is because these are satanic creatures. Get it?

Now if this were a game that the participants were banning with the demons and
fighting Christians, it would enforce the argument. Again I am a Christian.
Not just a part timer but a full blown fight the good fight Bible thumpin'
Jesus freak.

The game is harmless. Enjoy...

Don Simpson

Mike Russell

Jan 4, 1995, 1:30:31 PM1/4/95
I'm sure the anti-satanist was either joking or is himself an agent of
Mr. Mephisto trying to stir up trouble in our placid little news group.

ant...@calbbs.com

Jan 5, 1995, 8:25:48 AM1/5/95

IK>Why is everyone still talking about this stupid lame topic? Obviously
IK>no one on this newsgroup thinks that Doom is satanic. Excluding the
IK>moron who wrote the original post. The guy was an idiot looking for
IK>flames and shouldn't even have been honered with a response.

IK>Adam

I agree. Some idiots can't understand the concept of GAMES!! DOOM is not
a religion, its a f*cking computer game...It's like my b*tch ex step mom
who thought d&d was satanic. It was so lame, she threw away 200 dollars
worth ogf gaming sh*t....

The Grand Sandwich Maker
Leader of the Spam Coilition
Holder of the Sacred can of Spam
Heir to the recipe for "New improved LIGHT Spam"

(Mark Daniel Bates)

--
***** California BBS - (805)733-7131 - Lompoc, California *****

Rob Heerdink

Jan 5, 1995, 11:04:14 AM1/5/95

>I agree. Some idiots can't understand the concept of GAMES!! DOOM is not
>a religion, its a f*cking computer game...It's like my b*tch ex step mom
>who thought d&d was satanic. It was so lame, she threw away 200 dollars
>worth ogf gaming sh*t....

What did you do? Sacrifice her to Cthulhu?

Rob Heerdink Department of Pharmacoepidemiology &
E.R.He...@far.ruu.nl Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht University
-watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow-

Robert D Brown

Jan 5, 1995, 10:06:03 PM1/5/95
Don Simpson (ko...@mindspring.com) wrote:
: You know I have had some time to think about this and here is a thought for
: all of the people who think that doom is evil.

Back when my mom first got her new 486 I got her Wolfenstein, which
at the time was a pretty cool game. I sincerely thought she could
appreciate it, particularly because the graphics were totally different
than anything she had seeen before and because it had plenty of action.

Instead, she gave it back to me the very next day. She said she didn't want
"that thing" in her house because it had nazi symbols in it.

My reaction was: ???

After time and reflection it has occured to me that this is really a
very common reaction amoung people. They stereotype something by
association with some other thing, the swastika for instance. If it
has evil in it, it _must_ be evil.

But the truth of it is this -- these are the reactions of closeed-minded
intellects, unable or unwilling to see past the veneer. But this is okay,
because this works for them. Not for others.

What's really saddening is that reality is much different than these people
perceive it. That is, games such as Wolfenstein/Doom/Heretic/RPGs and
thousands of others like them are generally about just one thing ---
Good Triumphing Over Evil. I can't say it enough...

Good Triumphing Over Evil.

According to most of the religions of the world, the Good Guys are
_supposed_ to beat up on the Bad Guys. Plain and simple. The game
gives the player the opportunity to become someone greater than life,
if only for a short while, and do so in an entertaining fashion.

Aside from the needless philosophizing, my gut reaction is this...
If you have to resort to name-calling or petty proclaimations of
your personal belief system to the greater glory of Self, then
stay the hell off the net. Public forums are not the place for you.
The people who read your posts are _not_ faceless indentities.

BTW - GamePro magazine recently featured a new headset from Virtual I/O
that's used with video games that gives the effect of "watching a 96 inch
television from a distance of six feet". Has anyone tried playing a
game like Descent wearing one of these? If so, how many Dramamine tablets
did you have to take afterwords???

Vincent Vega

Jan 5, 1995, 11:32:17 PM1/5/95
Robert D Brown (rdb...@tucana.ualr.edu) wrote:

: Instead, she gave it back to me the very next day. She said she didn't want

: "that thing" in her house because it had nazi symbols in it.

Yo Momma so closed minded you gotta give her a penny *and* a crowbar for
her thoughts.

-Dan

--
My inner child is a mean little fucker.

"I bet you can't eat just one"
"Kid, I once went a year without _breathin_," -Jack Palance

Nathan Vack

Jan 8, 1995, 12:48:30 AM1/8/95
ko...@mindspring.com (Don Simpson) wrote:

> In article <3ech65$7...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> vidga...@aol.com (Vidgame528) writes:
> >From: vidga...@aol.com (Vidgame528)
> >Subject: Re: SATANISTS!
> >Date: 3 Jan 1995 16:56:21 -0500

> It is! It's about demons. Demons that take over the world. The reason
> that there is satanic symbols is because these are satanic creatures. Get it?

Now, wouldn't it be wierd if somewhere in the galaxy there was a world ruled by
demons, and they made a game where the humans took over? And had symbols of the
cross and other such "unholy" (to them) graphics offending the various demons?

OK, maybe that would suck.

Bren Lynne

Jan 9, 1995, 5:13:14 PM1/9/95
In article <3eq1ld$k...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> steve...@aol.com (SteveB6889) writes:
>From: steve...@aol.com (SteveB6889)
>Subject: Re: E-Mail reply I received from (Re: SATANISTS!)
>Date: 8 Jan 1995 19:57:17 -0500

>God, I just got a scary thought....there's 50 pentagrams on my country's
>flag...guess it's curtains for all of us here in the USA...sigh...

>Matter of fact...there's pentagrams on a LOT of flags...what ARE we going
>to do? Um...if somebody hits me on the head, and I see pentagrams...does
>it mean I've got one foot in hell, and that's a preview? Wow...shocking...

Did you hear about the guy who cut his eyeball out because he looked in
the mirror and saw a little penatgram on his pupil? True story.

* __________________ *
* Brennie Lynne \----------------/ *
* | | ______ *
* | |/_____ | *
* Incredibly convincing ____________|_______ |/ || *
* E-mail Reply Daemon ( * /||||||||||\* * ) | || *
* available at: ( * ** * * * * * ) |____ // *
* ( ) |_____/ *
* br...@interlog.com ( )______/ *
* (________________) *
* *

JaniceW873

Jan 16, 1995, 8:27:28 PM1/16/95
ohh yeeeesssss (OOHHHHH.....UM) IIII looove mmmyyy dddoooommm
/-\ /-\
| |__ | |
| | | | |
| |_|_ | |
| |
\______/

(HAIL DARK LORD, SATAN RULER OF ALL EVIL!!!!!)

StvClouse

Jan 17, 1995, 9:12:37 PM1/17/95
Being a born-again Christian myself, I enjoy the concept of blasting every
single demon in Hell back where he/she/and/or/it came from. It helps me
relieve stress (rather than killing a live human being). I don't know who
these losers are who think the game is Satanic because it depicts Satanic
symbolism and the such, but I should remind them:

READ THE PLOTLINE!!! YOU'RE IN HELL, STUPID!!! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO SEE
IN HELL, CROSSES?

It's all a matter of personal opinion. I don't believe I'm going to Hell
for playing this game (although my mother does). Violence means nothing
to me; it's just a game, and God, Saturday Morning cartoons are worse than
this game! I saw one the other day with some guy trying to claim the
souls of everyone on Earth. Now that IS Satanic.

There, I think I've bottom lined the topic, so now you don't have to look
at anymore of these lame posts about Satanism anymore. You don't have to
thank me (unless you think my ego needs to get any bigger than it already
is).

Stephen P. Clouse
StvC...@aol.com

Marko Ronkainen

Jan 19, 1995, 2:19:21 AM1/19/95
StvClouse (stvc...@aol.com) wrote:
: Being a born-again Christian myself, I enjoy the concept of blasting every

: single demon in Hell back where he/she/and/or/it came from. It helps me
: relieve stress (rather than killing a live human being). I don't know who
: these losers are who think the game is Satanic because it depicts Satanic
: symbolism and the such, but I should remind them:

Yeah well, I couldn't imagine anyone getting his/her kicks byt being
ripped to shred by demons even if he/she was a satanist either...

: READ THE PLOTLINE!!! YOU'RE IN HELL, STUPID!!! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO SEE
: IN HELL, CROSSES?

Yes! Finally some sensible words from a xtian point of view!
If people have such weak stomachs they should play lemmings
or some other games with cute, furry animals instead of games
that are set in hell.

: It's all a matter of personal opinion. I don't believe I'm going to Hell

: for playing this game (although my mother does). Violence means nothing
: to me; it's just a game, and God, Saturday Morning cartoons are worse than
: this game! I saw one the other day with some guy trying to claim the
: souls of everyone on Earth. Now that IS Satanic.

Going to hell for playing A GAME? Gee... BUT, if you believe what
the Bible says, EVERYONE goes to hell, unless they trust their
souls to God... (Which, btw, is a lot of crap in my opinion).

: There, I think I've bottom lined the topic, so now you don't have to look

: at anymore of these lame posts about Satanism anymore. You don't have to
: thank me (unless you think my ego needs to get any bigger than it already
: is).

Hey, a person is just as big as his/her ego makes him/her!
But, I too hope we don't have to read those bull-messages anymore
(as fun as they can be).

Satan Lord

Jan 21, 1995, 11:46:21 AM1/21/95
StvClouse (stvc...@aol.com) wrote:
: thank me (unless you think my ego needs to get any bigger than it already
: is).

: Stephen P. Clouse
: StvC...@aol.com

oops - erased too much of that reply quote - damn this TIN...

anyway - I believe the same - DOOM is just the best game in the history
of technology. However, I just got a NIN CD (actually borrowing it from
a school classmate) this weekend and I'm blasting my parent's brains out
with it ... but the lyrics - good grief!!!! And all the kids at CCHS (a
private Catholic high school I go to) who own jeeps and cars have the NIN
symbol at the back...

I guess I should be posting this in the alt.music.nin or whatever fuck
that NIN newsgroup is - BUT.... DOOM and NIN make a GREAT mix!

L8R
-Hugh Jass
I have a HUGE-ASS
/s