Doom II

Darren

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
Can anyone tell me where on the net I can download Doom 2. I cannot
find the game in any store anywhere.............I really miss playing
the game. I've reduced myself to playing Doom 95.
Please help.
Thanks

Darren

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
Can anyone tell me where I can get Doom II.................even if I
have to pay for it. (Besides id.com)

Purple

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
www.fuck-you.com :P

--
http://bounce.to/purple - go there. NOW.
Purple on alt.games.diablo

bala...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
In article <387AB3C8...@home.com>,

Darren <dr....@home.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where on the net I can download Doom 2. I cannot

****Begin standard full Doom request reply form****
Version 1.2

If you want the full version of Doom/Doom2, go to
your favorite software store, or goto www.idsoftware.com
and order a copy. You can even download a full, encrypted
copy and unlock it with your credit card (don't bother asking
for the password to decrypt it scince it changes randomly,
everytime the program is run. You have to call a sales rep, and
recite the number on the screen to him/her to get the
password to unlock the game).

No one is going to send you the full version of Doom because
it's too big to upload, and it's illegal to do so. Plus,
text encoding makes the file size 3 times or more larger.
A binary needs to be encoded to upload via e-mail or Usenet,
and most e-mail/usenet systems don't like 15 meg files (Doom
is 5 megs compressed, and text encoding will make it about 3
times larger). Your ISP won't like this one bit, and you and
the sender risk getting caught and sued for a huge amount of
money by ID software, especialy if the server(s) gets crapped up
by the binary. No one is going to give you an FTP address where
you can download the full unlocked copy either, because that would
also be illegal. Again, no one is going to help you pirate Doom.

*********End standard full Doom request reply form***********

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

MåTT W¡££¡åM§

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
> > Can anyone tell me where on the net I can download Doom 2. I cannot
>
> ****Begin standard full Doom request reply form****
> Version 1.2

God bless the standard full Doom request reply form. :) It's seems to be
increasingly useful as time goes on.

Mat

bala...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
In article <JXQe4.2244$sb.4...@news1.sttls1.wa.home.com>,

Hey, It't been over a half month scince I needed to post
it last time ;)

> Mat

Darren

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
I'm not trying to pirate Doom, boy. I just want to know where I can get
it. I've been everywhere in this city, and no one sells it any more. I
downloaded the game from www.idsoftware.com, and tried to unlock the game
by phoning idsoftware and giving them my credit card number, but that did
not work either.
I purchased the game in 1994, and one of the disks has since been damaged,
so I'm trying to purchase it again.
Now, all I wanted to know is where I could down load the game ( and pay
for it ) besides idsoftware.com, dipshit.

Thanks......................for nothing.

MåTT W¡££¡åM§

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
> > God bless the standard full Doom request reply form. :) It's seems
> to be
> > increasingly useful as time goes on.
>
> Hey, It't been over a half month scince I needed to post
> it last time ;)

Hmm.. Time flys.

Matt

MåTT W¡££¡åM§

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
> I purchased the game in 1994, and one of the disks has since been damaged,
> so I'm trying to purchase it again.

Contact technical support at GT Interactive. You should be able to send in
the defective disk for a replacement for a minimal fee.

> Now, all I wanted to know is where I could down load the game ( and pay
> for it ) besides idsoftware.com, dipshit.

I don't think there's anywhere besides www.idsoftware.com that allows you to
download an encrypted version and unlock it by purchasing a key. I see
almost no reason why you would want to do that though unless you think you
have a working crack. :\ I would recommend actually purchasing a physical
copy and not a digital copy. Go to www.ebay.com or
http://shopping.yahoo.com. I think I saw Ultimate Doom for ~$5.

Matt

bala...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
In article <387BF227...@home.com>,

Darren <dr....@home.com> wrote:
> I'm not trying to pirate Doom, boy. I just want to know where I can
get

A little PO.ed, aren't you. I was not accusing you of being a
pirate, but so many people have asked this same damn question
so many times, I made up a form with information.

> it. I've been everywhere in this city, and no one sells it any
more. I
> downloaded the game from www.idsoftware.com, and tried to unlock the
game
> by phoning idsoftware and giving them my credit card number, but that
did
> not work either.

> I purchased the game in 1994, and one of the disks has since been
damaged,
> so I'm trying to purchase it again.

> Now, all I wanted to know is where I could down load the game ( and
pay

> for it ) besides idsoftware.com, dipshit.\

Those are the only options, all of the encrypted copies are
the same.

> Thanks......................for nothing.

You too, flamer

*plonk*

bala...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
In article <85hc1k$h3n$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

bala...@my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <387BF227...@home.com>,
> Darren <dr....@home.com> wrote:
> > I'm not trying to pirate Doom, boy. I just want to know where I can
> get
>
> A little PO.ed, aren't you. I was not accusing you of being a
> pirate, but so many people have asked this same damn question
> so many times, I made up a form with information.

I forgot to mention that the form was to also warn
people that no one here tolerates piracy of Doom.
And being the net, there is really no way to verify that
you are telling the truth. Plenty of people have made
up excuses before to get Doom for free.
As for Doom Cds, why don't you check Ebay (risky), or
the bargain bins of your local software stores?

Oh, one more thing: You really need to check your additude.

Ole Mogensen

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
Darren wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where on the net I can download Doom 2. I cannot

> find the game in any store anywhere.............I really miss playing
> the game. I've reduced myself to playing Doom 95.
> Please help.
> Thanks

Try alt.binaries.games

--
ole.mo...@fysik.dtu.dk

QuimbyMaus

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
> Darren <dr....@home.com> wrote:
>> > I'm not trying to pirate Doom, boy. I just want to know where I can
>> get it besides idsoftware<<

I first downloaded both doom and doom2 from GTinteractive (id's distributor)
for a pretty decent price, about 15$ I think. I'm pretty sure you can still do
this...you won't get customer support, which is wierd since you do pay for the
game, but I've always found the people in this NG to be extraordinarily helpful
and deserving of the many thanks I've given them...

Steve Williams

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
on Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:37:54 GMT, Darren <dr....@home.com> wrote
something like:

> Can anyone tell me where on the net I can download Doom 2. I cannot
> find the game in any store anywhere.............I really miss playing
> the game. I've reduced myself to playing Doom 95.

From http://idsoftware.com or http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

HTH

--
SW

ICQ 47198840, http://www.theborg.org.uk

WARNING: I CURRENTLY CHARGE £100 [STERLING] FOR PROOF
READING AND HANDLING OF JUNK MAIL. $_$

Buddytalk999

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
can You give me doom!!!!!!!!!!!1

MåTT W¡££¡åM§

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
You almost got it right that time.

Matt

"Buddytalk999" <buddyt...@aol.com> wrote in message
> can You give me doom!!!!!!!!!!!1

Steve Williams

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
on 17 Jan 2000 20:37:18 GMT, buddyt...@aol.com (Buddytalk999) wrote
something like:

> can You give me doom!!!!!!!!!!!1

Try "DOOM ME A COPY OF SEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dave Marron

Jan 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/27/00
>on 17 Jan 2000 20:37:18 GMT, buddyt...@aol.com (Buddytalk999) wrote
>something like:
>
>> can You give me doom!!!!!!!!!!!1

Oh, I dunno...

Whadda ya say, gang? We can give him some DOOM, can't we?

Let's load up the shotguns, rocket launchers, BFGs...go over to his house...and
GIVE HIM DOOM!!!!!

Bwah hah hah..... :)

Dave Marron
(Remove name of my favorite band to reply - check them out at
http://www.blackvinyl.com/3shoes.htm)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, tension mounted...and rode off.

EvilBill[AGQx]

Jan 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/27/00
"Dave Marron" <dbma...@aol.comShoes> wrote in message

> >on 17 Jan 2000 20:37:18 GMT, buddyt...@aol.com (Buddytalk999) wrote
> >something like:
> >
> >> can You give me doom!!!!!!!!!!!1
>
> Oh, I dunno...
>
> Whadda ya say, gang? We can give him some DOOM, can't we?
>
> Let's load up the shotguns, rocket launchers, BFGs...go over to his
house...and
> GIVE HIM DOOM!!!!!
>
> Bwah hah hah..... :)

SEND HIM DOOM!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)

--
Sisko: "Do you really want to give up your life for the order of things?"
Remata'Klan: "It is not my life to give up, Captain, and it never was."

Bowe

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
dose anyone want doom 2 ill give it to them or duke 3d
Dave Marron wrote in message
<20000127121539...@ng-fa1.aol.com>...

>>on 17 Jan 2000 20:37:18 GMT, buddyt...@aol.com (Buddytalk999) wrote
>>something like:
>>
>>> can You give me doom!!!!!!!!!!!1
>
>Oh, I dunno...
>
>Whadda ya say, gang? We can give him some DOOM, can't we?
>
>Let's load up the shotguns, rocket launchers, BFGs...go over to his
house...and
>GIVE HIM DOOM!!!!!
>
>Bwah hah hah..... :)

plateshutoverlock

Mar 16, 2022, 2:50:10 PM3/16/22
On Wednesday, January 12, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Darren wrote:
> I'm not trying to pirate Doom, boy. I just want to know where I can get
> it. I've been everywhere in this city, and no one sells it any more. I
> downloaded the game from www.idsoftware.com, and tried to unlock the game
> by phoning idsoftware and giving them my credit card number, but that did
> not work either.
> I purchased the game in 1994, and one of the disks has since been damaged,
> so I'm trying to purchase it again.
> Now, all I wanted to know is where I could down load the game ( and pay
> for it ) besides idsoftware.com, dipshit.
> Thanks......................for nothing.

Neep neep neep nerp