** EdMap v1.40 released **

Jeff Rabenhorst

Mar 21, 1995, 8:18:21 PM3/21/95

EdMap version 1.40 is now available.
its posted, in 11 parts, to alt.binaries.doom,
and i can mail it via a PINE attachment to anybody, just ask.
it should appear on ftp.cdrom.com, soon, too.
-jeff (ar...@wam.umd.edu)

EdMap version 1.40

DOOM/DOOM2/Heretic
Map Editor

*** Improvements new to v1.40
TC/theme-support
External graphics supported:
flats (floor & ceiling textures)
patches (with or without PNAMES)
TEXTUREx (with or without patches)
all accessable from the viewer
(include all sprite frames)
Much improved online help system:
Unofficial DOOM Specs!
rewritten help, control codes, etc.
specific help for obj info bar
Alternate game EXE
"ADD" files specify PWADs to load at startup and play-map
improved EDMAPCFG: can auto-scan HDD for files,
can auto-install configurations
better file management & WAD handling
passive internal checking
new menu entries:
"I"nfo "E"dit config <- load a different config file
"I"nfo "L"oad config <- edit the current config file
"E"dit "S"hift <- shift objects using the keys
lots more; most routines were improved.
.oh, yeah: a faster viewer..