REJECT

David M. Simpson

Jan 27, 1994, 12:52:22 AM1/27/94
After much looking and experimenting with the .WAD file and more specifically
the map information I think I've figured almost of it out. There is one big
exception to this and that is the REJECT section. It makes little sense.
Unlike all previous sections in the map this one seems to be in bytes and
not integers (as witnessed by some REHECT sections have odd lengths).
Also, I haven't been able to discren any difference in game play by setting
the REJECT sections to length 0.
So the question is: WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY? Also, how are they
determined and t do they do?
If you have some real clue on what this section is for, please e-mail
me. (Thanks to the several that replied to my NODES request...They weren't
particularly useful, but appreciated.)

However, I think I've figured out just about everything else, although
I don't have comprehensive lists of such things as LINEDEFS functions and
items. I have in fact created my own level (by hand in a hex editor). It
was just a single room which had two distinct levels and a couple of objects.
I never did get the exit switch to work right, but I did make a wall into an
exit that would work by running into it.

Anyway, happy Dooming and when is Doom coming out for the Intel Paragon? :-)

David Simpson