Religious and political spam bots?

KC W.

Oct 10, 2023, 8:29:53 AM10/10/23
So, I've been noticing a bunch of religous and political-related content popping up in our DOOM group lately. I totally respect people's beliefs unless they are offensive (I have my own too), but it's kinda off-topic for our DOOM chats. We're all here to talk out about DOOM, not dive into religious or political discussions.

Are these bots or actual people invading this group? I'd like to know, thanks.

John Smith

Oct 21, 2023, 7:56:35 PM10/21/23
On 10/10/2023 14:29, KC W. wrote:
> So, I've been noticing a bunch of religous and political-related content popping up in our DOOM group lately. I totally respect people's beliefs unless they are offensive (I have my own too), but it's kinda off-topic for our DOOM chats. We're all here to talk out about DOOM, not dive into religious or political discussions.
>
> Are these bots or actual people invading this group? I'd like to know, thanks.
It's common in every single group I'm afraid. Nothing but spam, people
cross-posting their gibberish on as many groups as they can.

Ant

Oct 22, 2023, 5:55:58 PM10/22/23
Yep. People suggested blocking Google Groups.
--
"And having disarmed the powers and authorities, [Jesus] made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." --Colossians 2:15. Finally cooler weather, but 2 much Zs, allergies, poops, bugs, etc. 3 BDs yesterday!
| |o o| |