Beavis/Butthead .wad for doom2?

brian pisowicz

Feb 28, 1995, 12:45:12 PM2/28/95
Does anybody know where i can get a beavis and butthead wad file that
will work with doom2? I found one that works with doom1 but the bnb exe
file that runs the wad automatically starts the doom -file thewads
so thus, i can't get it to run on doom2...any ideas please email me....thanks

--

Brian Pisowicz
e-mail: bri...@phred.org

Olivier Montanuy

Feb 28, 1995, 1:17:08 PM2/28/95
In article <3ivnf8$b...@dagny.galt.com>,

brian pisowicz <bri...@phred.org> wrote:
>Does anybody know where i can get a beavis and butthead wad file that
>will work with doom2? I found one that works with doom1 but the bnb exe
>file that runs the wad automatically starts the doom -file thewads

I don't know what it does, but considering it uses deusf 2.1, it will
never work on DOOM2.
the fix: get deusf 3.3 in
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom/newstuff/deutex33.zip

then... errr, bnb.exe (and deusf) should work the same, but I'll advise
renaming your doom2.exe to doom.exe :-)

--
# Olivier Montanuy (mont...@dmi.ens.fr) IRC #doom Nezu #
# Author of DeuTex/DeuSF/WinTex utilities for DOOM/DOOM2/HERETIC #

Jeff Ross

Feb 28, 1995, 3:20:41 PM2/28/95
My newest level is here. Just uploaded to ftp.cdrom.com Look for it in
the NEWSTUFF folder any time now.

Rooftops.Wad
By Jeff Ross(author of Diehard, Diehard2, and Bespin WADS)
jef...@ix.netcom.com OR Jay...@aol.com

I live in 503(Portland Area) if anyone wants to Deathmatch.

Inspired by episodes of TJHooker when ol' Bill Shatner hurtles
his toupe packin' body over numerous chasms to snag the bad guy.

Made for Doom2, Map01

This wad serves several purposes.

It is large, and may not run well on slower computers with
monsters, or during Deathmatch. For this reason I have mad the
Easy settings have no monsters. In this difficulty setting you
must jump across 9 rooftops in order to reach the exit. Consider
it a test of your Doom agility. Very challenging.

Then there are monsters on the Hurt Me Plenty setting. Very
tough to kill monsters AND jump across these rooftops. If you
can do this, you're a STUD.

Then there's UltraViolence. Even more monsters. If you can do
this, then you are a Doom ANIMAL!

Then there's Deathmatch. You can do it cooperatively against the
monsters, or (as I suggest) play without. The level is large, so
it works best with four people to keep the Frag count up.
But if you like a good hunt, this is for you.

Ken Robertson

Feb 28, 1995, 7:47:14 PM2/28/95

There is no /pub/doom/newstuff at ftp.cdrom.com anymore!!!
--
_ _
_\|/_ /_\|/_\

aomre...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2017, 9:37:18 PM4/28/17
Hey, it's been about twelve years. How ya'll doin'?

Toby Newman

May 2, 2017, 4:00:03 AM5/2/17
I played an implementation of Doom in VR in Anyland yesterday evening.
So I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.

--
-Toby

ImperiusDamian

Jun 1, 2017, 6:22:17 PM6/1/17
On 5/2/2017 3:50 AM, Toby Newman wrote:

> I played an implementation of Doom in VR in Anyland yesterday evening.
> So I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.

They actually have Doom running on toasters and thermostats now. It just
proves that Doom will never die. ;)

Kappa Franz

Dec 12, 2019, 6:14:31 AM12/12/19
Not to be “that guy” but 1995 to 2017 is 22 years, not 12 years :p