:) BD, Doom!

Ant

Dec 10, 2021, 6:34:32 PM12/10/21
28 yrs. Almost 30! ;)
--
:) BD Doom that just turned 28 yrs. old! :O TGIF?
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

pop

Dec 11, 2021, 9:49:37 AM12/11/21
Ant wrote on 12/10/2021 5:34 PM:
> 28 yrs. Almost 30! ;)
Yeah... and I been there the whole time; still occasionally playing the 5000+ user built maps and mods that are on my hard drive. (remember I am 84 and was 54 when I started along with Supertech)

--
Best wishes;
(^\pop/^) -> Mark

JAB

Dec 13, 2021, 5:59:59 AM12/13/21
On 10/12/2021 23:34, Ant wrote:
> 28 yrs. Almost 30! ;)

I've never played any of the Doom games but it wish it a happy birthday
anyway.

Ant

Dec 13, 2021, 1:58:12 PM12/13/21
Aw, how come? Too young?
--
Incoming major (<2") winter rain storm 2 do more preparations 4 da warm nest & colony! Also, 2 many free weekend games again! :(

JAB

Dec 13, 2021, 2:19:45 PM12/13/21
On 13/12/2021 18:58, Ant wrote:
> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action JAB <no...@co.uk> wrote:
>> On 10/12/2021 23:34, Ant wrote:
>>> 28 yrs. Almost 30! ;)
>
>> I've never played any of the Doom games but it wish it a happy birthday
>> anyway.
>
> Aw, how come? Too young?

My first computer was a Specky 48k so probably not!

Korwin

Dec 13, 2021, 2:52:59 PM12/13/21
On Monday, 13 December 2021 at 22:19:45 UTC+3, JAB wrote:
> My first computer was a Specky 48k so probably not!

My first computer in the early 90s was a Soviet clone - Sintez (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ZX_Spectrum_clones#Sintez_and_-Sintez-). Our country was in the midst of the transition from the communist regime to the democratic one, and no one had any money. As a schoolboy, I barely managed to scrape together the money for this device. Then there was the Scorpion ZS-256 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ZX_Spectrum_clones#Scorpion_ZS-256), PC with 386-SLC, Fidonet, 486 DX... Doom, of course.

It was a good time. Difficult but interesting. There was still hope that our country would get out of the ass.

Ant

Dec 13, 2021, 3:34:35 PM12/13/21
Ah. Well, it's not too late to try classic Doom!

rms

Dec 15, 2021, 10:11:44 AM12/15/21
>28 yrs. Almost 30! ;)

Even rats are playing it now!
https://futurism.com/viktor-toth-doom-rat

rms

Ant

Dec 15, 2021, 10:49:53 PM12/15/21
I know of a mouse that was a Doomer. :P
--
Cold & windy winter rain storm came & left a big mess! Dang coldness, colony, works, strikes, software upgrades, spams, greeds, inflations, illness, life, etc. again. :(

OldbieOne

Jan 7, 2022, 4:50:41 PM1/7/22

"Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
> 28 yrs. Almost 30! ;)

Time flies!

--
OldbieOne

The One Who Tells It Like It Is (TM)
Brought to you by RetroPC w/Windows v4.0.950B

Nomen Nescio

Feb 28, 2023, 4:40:02 AM2/28/23

Korwin <ale.aka...@gmail.com> writes:

> It was a good time. Difficult but interesting. There was still hope
> that our country would get out of the ass.

Well, did it happen?

Ant

Feb 28, 2023, 11:09:30 AM2/28/23
Nope. I doubt it will ever. :(
--
"I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, complete in knowledge and competent to instruct one another." --Romans 15:14. Last week's 5" heavy cold rain left a mess like leaks, craziness, etc. More 2 come tho. :(

plateshutoverlock

Jul 3, 2023, 8:50:20 PM7/3/23
Very first time for me was on a floor demo Windows 3.1/Dos 6.22 at a store in 94

Second time was in 1996 on a Macintosh Performa 460 that was woefully underpowered
for the game, but I managed a few FPS out of it, and I was insanely hooked.
Despite the slideshow and stuttery sound, I really did feel like I was
peering into another world.