Beware of a player named ToughLaeYoun !! This Fucker PK'ED ME !!

1 view

Doug.M

Jul 4, 2002, 7:55:12 AM7/4/02
I was doing my usual Meph runs in Hell and I made a game but forgot to set a
password. Well I started fighting Meph and this little fagget by the name of
ToughLaeYoun joins my game and goes hostle and enters my back-up portal and
pk's me. This asshole kept on pk'ing as I attempted to recover my body so
eventually I left the game but I left with a lot less gold and experince
points as well !! Damit I wish there was a way to get even with this fucker
!

Gundemarie Scholz

Jul 4, 2002, 8:12:07 AM7/4/02
"Dakky (Darjan M)" wrote:
> "Doug.M" <nos...@nospam.org> wrote in message

> > I was doing my usual Meph runs in Hell and I made a game but
> > forgot to set a password. Well I started fighting Meph and
> > this little fagget by the name of ToughLaeYoun joins my game
> > and goes hostle and enters my back-up portal and pk's me.
>
> Well, that's not possible. When you go hostile, all TPs close!

Only the hostiling player's portal closes.

> And, he can't enter your portal if he is not in your party. I
> think you missed something ;)

What happens to portals opened via portal shrines, do they behave like any
red portal and don't let anybody hostile pass?

Regards,
Gunde (*Maschenka on Europe)

Skorpian

Jul 4, 2002, 8:20:00 AM7/4/02
Er.. if you are hostile with anyone, you can only enter your own tp's

--

齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻內躬偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻
"Never memorize something that you can look up."

"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning
'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'."
-- Larry Hardiman

"I was going to buy a copy of The Power of Positive Thinking,
and then I thought: What the hell good would that do?"
-- Ronnie Shakes

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me."
-- Noel Coward

"Never raise your hand to your children; it leaves your
midsection unprotected."
-- Robert Orben

"Programming today is a race between software engineers
striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning."
-- Rich Cook
齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻內躬偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻

Gundemarie Scholz

Jul 4, 2002, 8:03:23 AM7/4/02
"Doug.M" wrote:
[snip]

> This asshole kept on pk'ing as I attempted to recover my
> body so eventually I left the game but I left with a lot
> less gold and experince points as well !! Damit I wish
> there was a way to get even with this fucker!

When you get killed by another player you don't lose experience, only
gold.

Dakky (Darjan M)

Jul 4, 2002, 7:57:51 AM7/4/02
"Doug.M" <nos...@nospam.org> wrote in message
> I was doing my usual Meph runs in Hell and I made a game but forgot to set
> password. Well I started fighting Meph and this little fagget by the name
of
> ToughLaeYoun joins my game and goes hostle and enters my back-up portal
and
> pk's me.

Well, that's not possible. When you go hostile, all TPs close! And, he can't

enter your portal if he is not in your party. I think you missed something
;)

Cu

*dakky @ eu

Scott

Jul 4, 2002, 1:15:41 PM7/4/02
Sorry bud, but I can't believe your story because when someone hostiles you
they can not enter any TPs at all.

Guy

Jul 4, 2002, 8:29:20 PM7/4/02
I smell bullshit...
"Scott" <sco...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

Knarl

Jul 4, 2002, 10:56:45 PM7/4/02
I believe, but am not completely certain - that the portal would still be
usable by anyone in the game. But those portal shrines are fairly rare, so I
doubt anyone's actually experimented with this.

If you get a chance, try it out with a friend and let us know for sure :)

Virtual Den

Jul 5, 2002, 9:04:32 AM7/5/02

"Knarl" <eric...@aol.net> wrote in message

When someone hostiles he can not use any portals, not even the "special" one
like the one near Anya or the Cow level and his owns portal will disappear.
He can cast another portal after the hostility and will be able to use it.
If someone hostiles a party each character much launches his own portal to
go to town. You will not be able to use the portal of a nearby party member
to go to town.

VD

Virtual Den

Jul 5, 2002, 9:06:30 AM7/5/02

"Virtual Den" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

each character "must" launches

VD

Octurn

Jul 5, 2002, 11:52:31 AM7/5/02
Sorry but you can go hostile and then use the Cow Portal. I have seen this
happen several times.

Scott

Jul 5, 2002, 12:08:50 PM7/5/02
You are either stupid or lying, I think both, unless you are on Open Bnet
and someone is cheating.

"Octurn" <octurn@(remove)dbscorp.net> wrote in message

Slickman8

Jul 5, 2002, 12:54:09 PM7/5/02
i kinda gotta blame you cuz u partied with him

Gundemarie Scholz

Jul 5, 2002, 1:21:11 PM7/5/02

I guess he has seen the following:

Player A and player B are both in the Cow level. A goes back to town and
hostiles B. A then discovers he cannot enter the portal and unhostiles
again. A goes back into the Cow level and gets slaughtered by B there.

Reason: When A hostiles B, B automagically hostiles A too, although B is
still in the Cow level. He couldn't even use the red portal to go back to
town and unhostile, because he cannot use it. And why should he? He is
perfectly safe. When A unhostiles again, B's hostility towards A remains,
and B can use the opportunity to slaughter A.

I must admit I have used this 3-4 times when somebody hostiled me for no
apparent reason and without explanation (except for maybe "Wanna duel?"),
and no reply to my questions or refusing to duel. When I pointed out to
them they couldn't get me, and that they should rather help me killing
cows they usually unhostiled, and really returned to me. A quick teleport,
and my merc hit them once or twice until they died. Funnily enough some
even try to recover their corpse several times before giving up...

Regards,
Gunde (*Maschenka on Europe - Ugh! Me nasty! (-; )

Gundemarie Scholz

Jul 5, 2002, 1:32:02 PM7/5/02

Maybe I should add the following: I am not a PK, not a PvP player at all,
and I never hostile anybody actively. Only exception: Testing spells,
damage reduction, corpse popping and/or recovery, or lvl 9 dueling with
close friends.

SunBae

Jul 5, 2002, 2:48:17 PM7/5/02
or when they hostile you, and you want to teach them a lesson. :)
"Gundemarie Scholz" <gu...@inbox.ru> wrote in message

Gundemarie Scholz

Jul 5, 2002, 3:52:04 PM7/5/02
"SunBae" wrote:
> or when they hostile you, and you want to teach them a lesson. :)
> "Gundemarie Scholz" <gu...@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> > Maybe I should add the following: I am not a PK, not a PvP player
> > at all, and I never hostile anybody actively. Only exception:
> > Testing spells, damage reduction, corpse popping and/or recovery,
> > or lvl 9 dueling with close friends.

Nope, that is not me hostiling actively (meaning clicking the "hostile"
button), as my setting is automagically switched to "hostile" when
somebody hostiles me, even if I don't do anything.

Regards,
Gunde

Dead Meat

Jul 5, 2002, 7:46:37 PM7/5/02

...each character must LAUNCH...
;-)

Virtual Den

Jul 9, 2002, 11:08:44 AM7/9/02

"Dead Meat" <For_Eyes_Only@Top_Secret.com> wrote in message

Lol! I knew it but I am not careful enough. "Each character launches" is ok
but not "launches" after a verb. It is not like if my English does not need
improvement! :oP Damn, I hope these last sentences are perfect! :oP

VD