How to get MULTIRES and PLUGY working together in Diablo 2?

Mike S.

Jul 1, 2017, 10:52:53 AM7/1/17
I can get these mods working separately but not together. I tried
following some instructions on a youtube video but that failed for me.
Does anyone know how to get the Multi Res mod working with PlugY at
the same time? I am using Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction version 1.12a.
Thank you.

Mike S.

Jul 1, 2017, 4:08:24 PM7/1/17
On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 10:53:01 -0400, Mike S. <Mik...@nowhere.com>
wrote:
Never mind, I got them working together.
Message has been deleted

Mike S.

Dec 19, 2017, 12:32:03 PM12/19/17
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 18:33:01 -0800 (PST), ericbb...@gmail.com
wrote:

>Can you please tell me how you got it to work?
>I'm completely lost
>
>Thanks

Yeah I know the feeling. I was lost too. Just to make sure we are on
the same page, I wanted the following three things. -->

1. Higher resolutions
2. Larger character inventory
3. Infinite Stash Space

If this is what you want, go to this site. I used these instructions
to get it working. Note that you must use patch version 1.12a or the
resolution mod will not work. -->

http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=53627

Alternatively, go to this website for this mod instead. It is easier
to install and makes some interesting changes. It gives even MORE
character inventory space then the mod above. Also, each page of your
stash has more space in it. It also puts more slots on your mercenary
so he can equip more items. You can also use patches higher then
1.12a.

Note however, it has two disadvantages that I can see. You can't use
whatever resolution you want like you can with the above mod. And this
mod is not finished it. It does work however for the short time that I
tried it. -->

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60524/diablo-ii-enhanced-edition

Whatever you decide, good luck.

sigog...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2020, 2:00:39 PM4/20/20
To make PlugY run with MultiRes, u need:
1) download Diablo 1.12a (only!), paste to game directory D2MultiRes (should be 5 files) and PlugY any version I believe
2) download Glide Wrapper as well to game directory just in case
3) in game directory, format file PlugY.ini, line

DllToLoad=

should be like this --->

DllToLoad=D2MultiRes.dll

press "save"
4) make plugy shortcut to desktop, go properties - compatibility - with XP service pack 3, mark Disable visual themes, mark Disable desktop composition, mark Run as admin (just in case)
5) run D2VidTest, choose Direct3D when it's done
Should work now. Remember also about allowed tools for shortcut - with space - -3dfx, -direct, -w
If still active, here is a link to working repack --->

https://torrent-games.eu/news/diablo_2_lord_of_destruction_1_12a_2001_pc/2012-03-12-26064
Message has been deleted

Mike S.

Apr 21, 2020, 8:29:54 AM4/21/20
On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 11:00:38 -0700 (PDT), sigog...@gmail.com wrote:

>To make PlugY run with MultiRes, u need:
>1) download Diablo 1.12a (only!), paste to game directory D2MultiRes (should be 5 files) and PlugY any version I believe
>2) download Glide Wrapper as well to game directory just in case
>3) in game directory, format file PlugY.ini, line

I posted this several years ago. I did manage to get it working
though. However, that computer has since been replaced and I have yet
to reinstall Diablo 2 on my new computer. Since I will probably want
to play Diablo 2 again at some point, your instructions will likely
come in handy as I do not remember now what I did to get it working
back then.