Daggerfall Teleportation

Mako Aiko

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
Every now and then in a dungeon I'll come across a red brick thing that looks
like a door, but I can't open it. Do these things teleport you places? If so,
HOW DO YOU USE THEM? I can't figure it out for the life of me...
Also, thanks for the Wayrest Rep help...
And one more question, I'm thinking about dling a patch for my Daggerfall game,
but I don't want to get rid of any of the useful bugs, like the one that lets
you load your wagon to more than 1000 lbs... and the one that lets you start a
character with a ton of ebony daggers by restarting other character... so does
anyone know a good patch for me?
The bugs I wanna get rid of are...
-the one that only lets me advance 6 pts for every level
-the one that makes it so quests are kept in my log even after I finish them
-the one where I suddenly leap through a wall and float off into oblivion
-that awful screeching sound if I linger around a torch too long
THANKS! ~~~Mako Aiko

Georgethe4

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
Previously,
>Every now and then in a dungeon I'll come across a red brick...

>door, but I can't open it. Do these things teleport you places?

In main story line dungeons, sometimes these red brick doors will teleport you
to another location. Not always. Sometimes they are don't do anything.
In random dungeons, usually the red brick doors do nothing. Due to the way the
layouts are generated, some red brick walls are included in random dungeons
although the location to which they would transport you is not.

> If so,
>HOW DO YOU USE THEM?

For the red brick walls that are functional, most can be activated by walking
into them or by clicking them. Some will need to be activated by doing both at
the same time.
Cool, cool
George IV

Brute

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99

Mako Aiko <mako...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Every now and then in a dungeon I'll come across a red brick thing that
looks
> like a door, but I can't open it. Do these things teleport you places? If
so,

> HOW DO YOU USE THEM? I can't figure it out for the life of me...

Well, as George pointed out, due to the nature of some random dungeons,
sometimes the teleporters won't teleport you anywhere. That's because the
end point for the teleporter isn't present. Just walk into one or click on
it as if it was a normal door. If it doesn't teleport you, it's not
functional.
He didn't mention, and thus I shall, that sometimes the brick doors are
fatal traps. One of the dungeon pieces that I have seen (usually near the
entrance), has a red brick door that is freestanding, just far away from the
wall do that you could go behind it. This door is ALWAYS a trap when I use
it. Sometimes the trap fails, and I hear a sword swishing sound when I
click on it. This is your clue to leave the door be. Always save before
using the red brick doors.

> And one more question, I'm thinking about dling a patch for my Daggerfall
game,
> but I don't want to get rid of any of the useful bugs, like the one that
lets
> you load your wagon to more than 1000 lbs...

I think the patch removes this option, but typically owning lots of items
tends to crash the game more often anyhow. This includes items on your
person, in your cart, or even in your house or boat. I recommend selling
everything you don't need as soon as you can. I believe Error #2 is
inventory related, if you get this often you're carrying too many items.
If you have a lot of memory on your machine (better than 16 megs), I
recommend you add the line OBJMEMSIZE X to your Z.CFG file. Replace X with
the amount of memory (in kilobytes) that you'd want to have allocated to
inventory item management. So if you'd want 4 megs of memory allocated, use
OBJMEMSIZE 4096.

>and the one that lets you start a
> character with a ton of ebony daggers by restarting other character...

This bug is still around in DAG213.

> so does anyone know a good patch for me?

I recommend 213 regardless, as it enables cheat codes which can be a
lifesaver if a bug in the game makes a quest unfinishable. Also see your
question below about falling into The Void, patch 213 adds probably one of
the best features to help deal with that.

> The bugs I wanna get rid of are...
> -the one that only lets me advance 6 pts for every level

This isn't a bug, this is part of the game's design.

> -the one that makes it so quests are kept in my log even after I finish
them

Some are probably fixed by this, getting FIXSAVE will probably help a lot in
this area as well. There is a newer version of FIXSAVE out for download
that is more recent than any version that comes with any patch, even newer
than 213's fixsave.

> -the one where I suddenly leap through a wall and float off into oblivion

The Void? Well this is still somewhat a problem, but not as much as it used
to be. In the original version of the game I'd fall into the void at the
drop of a hat. With 213 it only seems to happen when I'm jumping on stairs
or uneven ground, or when I'm climbing an object that isn't perfectly
rectangular. You tend to learn to avoid doing that.
Most importantly, patch 213 adds a hotkey, ALT-F11 that can pop you back out
of the void to where you were last standing before you took the fall.
Indespensible!

> -that awful screeching sound if I linger around a torch too long

Still somewhat a problem but you get used to it. Just walk far enough away
from the torch so that it's no longer heard, then go back.

--

~ Brute
"Transcending history and the world, a tale of soul and swords..."

Brute

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99

Mako Aiko <mako...@aol.com> wrote in message
> -that awful screeching sound if I linger around a torch too long

On this topic, I've noticed that I only get that aweful feedback noise when
I'm looking through the items on a dead skeleton near a torch.
And only with skeletons, strangely enough.

Nick

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999 03:36:19 -0500, in alt.games.daggerfall, "Brute"
<brute...@DIESPAMDIEearthlink.net> wrote:

>Mako Aiko <mako...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> -that awful screeching sound if I linger around a torch too long
>
>On this topic, I've noticed that I only get that aweful feedback noise when
>I'm looking through the items on a dead skeleton near a torch.
>And only with skeletons, strangely enough.

Boy, are you the lucky one!

As far as I can tell, that horrible racket shows up at random on my system:
sometimes all I have to do is walk near a torch and it goes berserk.

(And that's on two different computers with two different sound cards, one
running DF under MS-DOS and one under Win98.)

If I remember right, this problem, or a very similar one, also existed in
Arena.

--
Nick <mailto:tans...@pobox.com>

For TES FAQs, patches, and tech support information
visit Bethesda's web site: <http://www.bethsoft.com>

Georgethe4

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
Previously,
>>On this topic,

Gee, somebody staying on topic. Guess this was bound to happen sooner or later.

>As far as I can tell, that horrible racket shows up at random...

>If I remember right, this problem, or a very similar one, also existed in
>Arena.

Never had this problem with Arena. Of course, I never did get the sound
running, which might have had something to do with it.
Cool, cool
George IV

Nyctolops

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
On Sun, 4 Jul 1999 03:35:30 -0500, "Brute"
<brute...@DIESPAMDIEearthlink.net> wrote:

>Mako Aiko <mako...@aol.com> wrote in message

>> Every now and then in a dungeon I'll come across a red brick thing that
>looks
>> like a door, but I can't open it. Do these things teleport you places? If
>so,
>> HOW DO YOU USE THEM? I can't figure it out for the life of me...

>He didn't mention, and thus I shall, that sometimes the brick doors are

>fatal traps. One of the dungeon pieces that I have seen (usually near the
>entrance), has a red brick door that is freestanding, just far away from the
>wall do that you could go behind it. This door is ALWAYS a trap when I use
>it. Sometimes the trap fails, and I hear a sword swishing sound when I
>click on it. This is your clue to leave the door be. Always save before
>using the red brick doors.

A few of those free-standing red brick doorways are teleporters, but I
have found a way to tell which ones are dangerous and which ones work.
Every time I have found one of these, it has been in a room with a
stairway leading down. Go down the stairs and inspect the room below
very carefully. If you find a secret door leading to a fairly narrow
tunnel (always red brick in my experience) or an operational
teleporter red brick doorway, then the doorway in the room above is
dangerous. If the only way out of the room below is up the stairs to
the room with the free-standing red brick doorway, then it is a
teleporter. Of course, there may be exceptions that I haven't come
across yet. Just last night I came across a dungeon setup that I
recognized, only to discover that this one worked completely
differently from the other times I have found the same setup.

Nyctolops

AutoGhash

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
> I find that that awful noise is random, but it seems to happen near Daedra a lot,
> and only in dungeons so far. It could very well be the torches, though.

(My hotmail account is "autoghash", not "nospam")

Nick

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99

On 03 Jul 1999 18:57:40 GMT, in alt.games.daggerfall, mako...@aol.com (Mako
Aiko) wrote:

>Every now and then in a dungeon I'll come across a red brick thing that looks
>like a door, but I can't open it. Do these things teleport you places? If so,
>HOW DO YOU USE THEM? I can't figure it out for the life of me...

As the others have already pointed out, a lot of them don't work.

From my notes, here are some dungeons in Daggerfall province that do have
working red brick teleports:

Ruins of Wickston Manor
Agryn Prison
Ruins of Gaersmith Orchard

And if I remember right, there are some working teleports in the Wayrest
Castle dungeons.

Rebyc Nomed

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99

Mako Aiko wrote:

> Every now and then in a dungeon I'll come across a red brick thing that looks
> like a door, but I can't open it. Do these things teleport you places? If so,
> HOW DO YOU USE THEM? I can't figure it out for the life of me...

> Also, thanks for the Wayrest Rep help...

> And one more question, I'm thinking about dling a patch for my Daggerfall game,
> but I don't want to get rid of any of the useful bugs, like the one that lets

> you load your wagon to more than 1000 lbs... and the one that lets you start a
> character with a ton of ebony daggers by restarting other character... so does

> anyone know a good patch for me?

> The bugs I wanna get rid of are...
> -the one that only lets me advance 6 pts for every level

> -the one that makes it so quests are kept in my log even after I finish them

> -the one where I suddenly leap through a wall and float off into oblivion

> -that awful screeching sound if I linger around a torch too long

> THANKS! ~~~Mako Aiko

Each door is different. On some of them you must click on them, on others just walk
into them. There are a few that don't do anything, then there are the rare ones
that do damage to you.

Mako Aiko

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99
Thanks for everyone's help on my teleportation and patch questions... I
installed patch 2.13 and nothing exploded, so I can only expect good results.
~Mako Aiko

MarStinson

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99
>>Every now and then in a dungeon I'll come across a red brick thing that
>looks
>>like a door, but I can't open it. Do these things teleport you places? If
>so,
>>HOW DO YOU USE THEM? I can't figure it out for the life of me...

As an aside, the non-functional red brick doorways seem to be where the
entrance shows up. Puzzled the hell out of me for months until I noticed that
most of them were in places that were the entrances for other dungeons.

Mark
http://members.aol.com/MarStinson/dagger/DF_Title.html
"You can't get the right answer until you ask the right question."

Bertil R. de Groot

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99
Nyctolops heeft geschreven in bericht
<377f99c...@news.concentric.net>...

>A few of those free-standing red brick doorways are teleporters, but I
>have found a way to tell which ones are dangerous and which ones work.
>Every time I have found one of these, it has been in a room with a
>stairway leading down. Go down the stairs and inspect the room below
>very carefully. If you find a secret door leading to a fairly narrow
>tunnel (always red brick in my experience) or an operational
>teleporter red brick doorway, then the doorway in the room above is
>dangerous. If the only way out of the room below is up the stairs to
>the room with the free-standing red brick doorway, then it is a
>teleporter. Of course, there may be exceptions that I haven't come
>across yet. Just last night I came across a dungeon setup that I
>recognized, only to discover that this one worked completely
>differently from the other times I have found the same setup.
>
>Nyctolops

If you are in this kind of dungeon, the quest-object can be found (most of
the times) in a room which can only be reached by unlocking a door in the
floor. You have to pull a lever in a very small room to unlock that door.
--
Bertil R. de Groot
Replace NOSPAM to steeg to mail me

Nick

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99

On 05 Jul 1999 05:16:00 GMT, in alt.games.daggerfall, marst...@aol.com
(MarStinson) wrote:

>As an aside, the non-functional red brick doorways seem to be where the
>entrance shows up. Puzzled the hell out of me for months until I noticed that
>most of them were in places that were the entrances for other dungeons.

Strange: I never noticed that association. :-)

What I've noticed is that some of the red brick doorways are in places where
other uses of that dungeon module have actual doorways.

My impression is that dungeon modules include specific points for connecting
to other modules, and if those points aren't used in a particular dungeon
layout sometimes a red brick doorway is used to close off the unused
connection point.

For example, one I remember shows up with a half-circle of candles on the
floor of a room next to a wall. Sometimes there's a red brick doorway in
the section of wall surrounded by the candles, and sometimes an actual
doorway.

Nick

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99

On 05 Jul 1999 04:38:39 GMT, in alt.games.daggerfall, mako...@aol.com (Mako
Aiko) wrote:

>Thanks for everyone's help on my teleportation and patch questions... I
>installed patch 2.13 and nothing exploded, so I can only expect good results.

Some more tips... :-)

As far as the smaller weight limit on the wagon: if you're selective in what
type of loot you keep, that shouldn't be much of a problem. For example, if
your wagon is filled up, you can leave behind some of the iron weapons,
chain & leather cuirasses, ordinary shields, and the cheaper ingredients
without noticeably hurting your finances (unless your running a new
character who's still at such a low level that all they find is the cheap
stuff).

On the teleports: some of the dungeons are designed as what I call 'teleport
mazes': a series of dungeon modules that are only connected together by the
red brick teleporters. Once you go though a teleporter, you may have to
find you way through several more before you can get back to the dungeon
entrance. So it's a good idea to save before using a teleporter in case you
get stuck.

When you go through a teleport maze: you may find it helpful to drop a bit
of useless loot just before going through a teleporter. This makes it
easier to keep track of which ones you've tried.

Thrash

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
Brute wrote:

> Mako Aiko <mako...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > -that awful screeching sound if I linger around a torch too long
>
> On this topic, I've noticed that I only get that aweful feedback noise when
> I'm looking through the items on a dead skeleton near a torch.
> And only with skeletons, strangely enough.

Am I the only one that likes this noise? It happens to me a lot, around
different things, different noises, too. It happens outside to me, as
well.
Anyway, I like it and recorded it. I plan to use it in a song or
something. :)

Thrash

AutoGhash

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
> well.
> Anyway, I like it and recorded it. I plan to use it in a song or
> something. :)
>
> Thrash

In a song? You compose? Cool
What format?

--
-AutoGhash
(My Hotmail Account is "autoghash" not "dontspam)

Tarvok

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 00:44:53 -0500, some letters randomly coalesced
from individual pixels, claiming to be from Thrash

<thr...@hal-pc.org>, and it said:

>Brute wrote:
>>
>> Mako Aiko <mako...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> > -that awful screeching sound if I linger around a torch too long
>>
>> On this topic, I've noticed that I only get that aweful feedback noise when
>> I'm looking through the items on a dead skeleton near a torch.
>> And only with skeletons, strangely enough.
>
>Am I the only one that likes this noise? It happens to me a lot, around
>different things, different noises, too. It happens outside to me, as

>well.
>Anyway, I like it and recorded it. I plan to use it in a song or
>something. :)

It is interesting, the way it always uses the same set of tones. And
the set of tones is actually somewhat musically useful. Do you track?

- Tarvok
http://members.xoom.com/Tarvok
remove NOSPAM to reply via E-mail

AutoGhash

Jul 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/6/99
> It is interesting, the way it always uses the same set of tones. And
> the set of tones is actually somewhat musically useful. Do you track?
>
> - Tarvok
> http://members.xoom.com/Tarvok
> remove NOSPAM to reply via E-mail

I haven't really listened to it, so I can't offer my opinion on it's musicality
=0)
I consider "tracking" to apply to MODS and the like, so I don't track, I compose
mp3s =0) But I guess you could include mp3s in the word "tracking".
Ever been to Trax in Space? I'm a reviewer and a composer there.
(www.traxinspace.com)

Tarvok

Jul 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/7/99
On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 20:15:34 -0300, some letters randomly coalesced
from individual pixels, claiming to be from AutoGhash

<dont...@hotmail.com>, and it said:

>> It is interesting, the way it always uses the same set of tones. And
>> the set of tones is actually somewhat musically useful. Do you track?
>>
>> - Tarvok
>> http://members.xoom.com/Tarvok
>> remove NOSPAM to reply via E-mail
>
>I haven't really listened to it, so I can't offer my opinion on it's musicality
>=0)
>I consider "tracking" to apply to MODS and the like, so I don't track, I compose
>mp3s =0) But I guess you could include mp3s in the word "tracking".

I don't know enough to know, but the general consensus I've gotten off
of alt.binaries.sounds.mods is that mp3 isn't a track format.

AutoGhash

Jul 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/7/99

Tarvok wrote:

Agreed =0)

Mana user

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99

>On 05 Jul 1999 05:16:00 GMT, in alt.games.daggerfall, marst...@aol.com
>(MarStinson) wrote:
>
>>As an aside, the non-functional red brick doorways seem to be where the
>>entrance shows up. Puzzled the hell out of me for months until I noticed
>that
>>most of them were in places that were the entrances for other dungeons.
>
>Strange: I never noticed that association. :-)
>
>What I've noticed is that some of the red brick doorways are in places where
>other uses of that dungeon module have actual doorways.
>
>My impression is that dungeon modules include specific points for connecting
>to other modules, and if those points aren't used in a particular dungeon
>layout sometimes a red brick doorway is used to close off the unused
>connection point.
>
>For example, one I remember shows up with a half-circle of candles on the
>floor of a room next to a wall. Sometimes there's a red brick doorway in
>the section of wall surrounded by the candles, and sometimes an actual
>doorway.

And that basicly makes sense for the way they look. ie. that part of the
building isn't finished or is unsafe or somehing, so they brink it up. But the
annoying part is that they made teleports look the same. A miror (even if not
an actual reflecting one) would be much nicer.
-----
Remove .nospam to reply.

Thrash

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
AutoGhash wrote:

> > well.
> > Anyway, I like it and recorded it. I plan to use it in a song or
> > something. :)
> >
> > Thrash
>
> In a song? You compose? Cool
> What format?

It's Industrial/Techno/Gothic/Weirdness :) I record stuff to MP3's if I
think
it's cool enuff to send to ppl.

Thrash

Thrash

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
Tarvok wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 00:44:53 -0500, some letters randomly coalesced
> from individual pixels, claiming to be from Thrash
> <thr...@hal-pc.org>, and it said:
>
> >Brute wrote:
> >>
> >> Mako Aiko <mako...@aol.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> On this topic, I've noticed that I only get that aweful feedback noise when
> >> I'm looking through the items on a dead skeleton near a torch.
> >> And only with skeletons, strangely enough.
> >
> >Am I the only one that likes this noise? It happens to me a lot, around
> >different things, different noises, too. It happens outside to me, as
> >well.
> >Anyway, I like it and recorded it. I plan to use it in a song or
> >something. :)
> >

> It is interesting, the way it always uses the same set of tones. And
> the set of tones is actually somewhat musically useful. Do you track?

Yeah, I was quite intrigued by it. No, not tracking per se, I use
a sequencer program that uses samples (as well as midi and effects)
in somewhat the same way a tracker works, but much more user friendly
and it doesn't save it to a MOD file. :)
I've tried tracking and it took me several days to figure out how to
work a fairly user friendly tracker for windows...and i'm a hardcore
techie guy that likes complicated programs, i program as well. (BTW, I'm
writing a MUD from scratch that's somewhat based on/inspired by
daggerfall. :) )

Thrash, who wants a copy of the buggy code that creates that cool noise.
:)

Nick

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99

On 08 Jul 1999 07:19:01 GMT, in alt.games.daggerfall,
mana...@aol.com.nospam (Mana user) wrote:

>And that basicly makes sense for the way they look. ie. that part of the
>building isn't finished or is unsafe or somehing, so they brink it up. But the
>annoying part is that they made teleports look the same. A miror (even if not
>an actual reflecting one) would be much nicer.

What always annoys me is that on the automap the red brick doorways look
just like real doorways.

It's aggravating to go back to check out a secret door I missed, only to
discover that it's just a red brick doorway...

Matt Williams

Jul 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/10/99
> It's Industrial/Techno/Gothic/Weirdness :) I record stuff to MP3's if I
> think
> it's cool enuff to send to ppl.

Tight. Techno/Gothic/Industrial... I think I'm in love. :) My favorite
group is Deadsy. The lead singer is Elijah Blue Allman. He is the son of
Cher and Greg Allman. Half of his CD (not available publically yet.. coming
out officially in September) has the lead vocalist from Orgy performing
bass. That's Jay Gordan in case no one knew. Orgy is another fav of mine.
I also love Coal Chamber (industrial/semi-goth) and Hydrovibe (KoRn style
stuff but a female singer). A cool gothic group is Thoughts of Grief. They
have a son on www.mp3.com called Son of a Son. I just recently heard about
them and they are more traditional gothic (not the electronia-goth of Orgy).

Well enough about me. :) Is there a place where your stuff can be
downloaded?

Matt

Thrash

Jul 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/11/99

My stuff is heavily electronic, dark, messed up, and weird. I did have
tons
of stuff, but while installing Linux, i screwed up one of my partitions
and
lost several years worth of work. I haven't got a whole lot of new
stuff
done since then. It's probably more electronic and more similar to the
more 'underground' industrial bands that what you listen to, based on
bands
you listed. You'd prolly like it tho. I think it sounds decent for the
limited
equipment i've got (a computer and a coupla synths).

Thrash

Matt Williams

Jul 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/11/99
> My stuff is heavily electronic, dark, messed up, and weird. I did have
> tons
> of stuff, but while installing Linux, i screwed up one of my partitions
> and
> lost several years worth of work. I haven't got a whole lot of new

Ohh.. my sympathy goes out to you. That's horrible. I make sure to backup
my system every once in awhile.

> stuff
> done since then. It's probably more electronic and more similar to the
> more 'underground' industrial bands that what you listen to, based on
> bands
> you listed. You'd prolly like it tho. I think it sounds decent for the
> limited
> equipment i've got (a computer and a coupla synths).

Is there anything posted online? I mean, this sounds cool and all. :)

Matt
matthew...@home.com

Thrash

Jul 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/11/99
Matt Williams wrote:

> > My stuff is heavily electronic, dark, messed up, and weird. I did have
> > tons
> > of stuff, but while installing Linux, i screwed up one of my partitions
> > and
> > lost several years worth of work. I haven't got a whole lot of new
>
> Ohh.. my sympathy goes out to you. That's horrible. I make sure to backup
> my system every once in awhile.

Yes, I know...*bonks self in head* BACKUP!!! BACKUP!!! BACK-UP!!!

> > stuff
> > done since then. It's probably more electronic and more similar to the
> > more 'underground' industrial bands that what you listen to, based on
> > bands
> > you listed. You'd prolly like it tho. I think it sounds decent for the
> > limited
> > equipment i've got (a computer and a coupla synths).
>
> Is there anything posted online? I mean, this sounds cool and all. :)

Well, thanx, but as I said, I haven't gotten much done lately. The
frustration of having to start over kinda got the best of me and I've
been lazy for a while. I have started just recently to work on some
new stuff...when I feel it sounds somewhat listenable (as listenable
to human ears as my stuff gets) I'll let ya know.
Also, why don't ya just email your replies from now on, that way I
can hear from ya without taking chance on missing it on the NG.

Thanx for the interest...:)

Thrash

Stan

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
I mark doors, passages, etc., by dropping useless items from Piorun's
inventory. It works. One can make it as sophisticated as needed -- bandage
for really bad monster, candle for a cute seducer you want save for later,
boots for "I've Been Here", etc. My character collects only red and green
staff so anything else is useless. I nearly sank the ship once (with the
computer) so now I watch the amount of junk I collect.

On the other hand I think the designer(s) had a streak of meanness in
his/her character. The sticky walls in some dungeons, false doors, empty
shelves, the slow movement through towns on the horse or feet... The bugs,
Bugs and BUGS are there on purpose to get people pissed off too. There are
many more annoying features but I can't think of them at 4:30 am.

Stan

---
Nick <tans...@pobox.com> wrote in message
: What always annoys me is that on the automap the red brick doorways look

mfbe...@yahoo.com

Aug 7, 2019, 3:09:53 AM8/7/19
On Friday, July 9, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Thrash wrote:
> AutoGhash wrote:
> >
> > > well.
> > > Anyway, I like it and recorded it. I plan to use it in a song or
> > > something. :)
> > >
> > > Thrash
> >
> > In a song? You compose? Cool
> > What format?
>
> It's Industrial/Techno/Gothic/Weirdness :) I record stuff to MP3's if I
> think
> it's cool enuff to send to ppl.
>
> Thrash

Hi, I was looking for some solutions to a puzzle and stumbled across this old group message. Daggerfall got ported to Unity yada yada, are any of you still active? Just shooting a letter into the time void.
-M

Itlandm

Aug 8, 2019, 3:09:39 AM8/8/19
On Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 9:09:53 AM UTC+2, mfbe...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi, I was looking for some solutions to a puzzle and stumbled across this old group message. Daggerfall got ported to Unity yada yada, are any of you still active? Just shooting a letter into the time void.
> -M

I still tend to play the game a couple weeks at a time randomly, especially in winter it seems. Then I invariably check out Daggerfall Unity to see if it is stable enough to compete with the original, and find that it is still a work in progress. (Before Daggerfall Unity, I did this with DaggerXL.) Last time I checked was this past winter sometime.
Not much activity on Usenet groups though, unfortunately. That was the golden age of the Internet as far as I am concerned. :)

Atheist Swede

Jan 25, 2021, 7:29:13 AM1/25/21
First time I've been on usenet in probably over 15 years. I don't even remember what username I had back when, but I recognize several names here. Don't even have a newsreader installed, just using google groups.