Searching for old daggerfall demo/prerelease/betas

Graham Alvare

Aug 21, 2009, 1:51:40 PM8/21/09
Hi, I am wondering if anyone in the community has old versions of
Daggerfall.

e.g. the old demo, beta or alpha versions, or a pre-release version with
version number less that 1.0.165

Graham

gar...@remove.me.cox.net

Aug 21, 2009, 4:22:16 PM8/21/09
Graham,

I think I used to have the demo that originally game with some magazine, but
since I bought the game, the demo may have disappeared. That was a long
time ago.

I'm curious. Why are you looking for old demos/version?

Gary

Graham Alvare

Aug 31, 2009, 2:08:21 PM8/31/09
Hi Gary,

I'm really interested in finding a demo to see the evolution of the game
Daggerfall, and possibly contribute toward an internet museum of the
game, since the game is in my opinion a truly revolutionary game. I am
also a big fan of the game (actually it's the only game I'm a really big
fan of still), and I am always interested in exploring more of the game.
I'm also aware that the original demos are quite different in
functionality, I really want to see how that difference works.

Basically to put a long story short, I love Daggerfall, and I really
just want to see how the game has changed (since I'm aware it's changed
drastically) from the beta versions to the current release (213).

Graham

gar...@remove.me.cox.net

Sep 3, 2009, 8:19:37 AM9/3/09
Graham,

I'll ask my sons, and find out if anyone has seen it.

My son and I are playing it - again. I built a custom character, and am
currently at level 19. I've only responded to Lady Brisienna's letter, and
haven't started any of the Main Quests, yet. I've joined the Mages and
Fighters guilds. I'm focusing on building up my character before starting
the Main Story Quests.

I've only employed the "wagon" cheat, so that I can gather more stuff,
before having to return to the city to sell it all off.

I agree with you - it's the only game I play with any regularity.

I'll let you know what we find.

Have a good day,
Gary

Graham Alvare