THE C2 SITE IS HERE

DewDrop34

Aug 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/15/98
Has anyone went to the new C2 site from the link off the C1 site? Its up and
ready! Its soooo neat!

HoneyDew

Bean 118

Aug 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/16/98
>Is anyone else concerned that they seem to want COB writers to send
>stuff to them to sell through their site?

Yeah... I almost signed up, but I thwacked myself a few times and decided
against it. I wonder what would happen if they tried to get the rights to my
ettins....?

Bean, Goddess of Ettin, one of the a.g.c trinity, ect, ect...

"I'll give you a hint. They're crunchy, and they taste Grrrrrrreat!"
-Rose, from Golden Girls.

Visit ALB-Labs!
http://members.aol.com/bean118/alblabs.html

Madame Mim

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98
Bean 118 wrote:

> >Is anyone else concerned that they seem to want COB writers to send
> >stuff to them to sell through their site?

I've been reading their contract, my own creations are almost completely
derivative and in no way suitable for what they want, but the contract is
interesting.

It's not just that you sign over all rights present and future to your creation
and send it to them (with all your working information) you are actually
contracting to work for them. You have to sign that the information you will be
given is a trade secret not to be revealed by you for a period of eight years
starting from the date you sign.

The software they 'give' you is for use while you create for them, and at no
other time. Anything you create using it is theirs. They have the right to
'fire' you if you do not produce 'enough' material and they firmly distance
themselves from any liability for their program and information they give you
doing any damage to your computer AND any damage your COBs might do to someone
else's computer (I need to look into this further but I think you could be in
serious shee if something goes wrong and they'll be roses). hey very carefully
specify that you are not an 'agent' but a completely separate legal entity.

You get 20% of any PROFIT they make on YOUR COBs and they have the right to
package these COBs as part of a group or sell them individually. They may decide
not to publish your work, but it will still be theirs.

For all of this you pay a joining fee of 10 pounds (I'm always wary of 'jobs'
that want you to pay the boss for the privilege) and if they 'fire' you you'll
have to stop using the information and the software they provided.

Think about it.

--
The truth is out there - but the lies are in your head.

Sex is great - but I prefer the real thing.

Quisquarles Meglyn Alpha Plieadese-Pimor
aka Madame Mim
aka Sarax (trader on SB Omega)
aka Megan <meg...@kern.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~MadameMim