Active World People

1 view

Ettin Boy

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
All those who would like to meet on the Active World program reply to
this and we'll sort out a time.

Peter Cuomo

Lis Morris

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

Ettin Boy wrote in message <365987...@charvet.co.uk>...

>All those who would like to meet on the Active World program reply to
>this and we'll sort out a time.
>
> Peter Cuomo

Waffy and I have both built houses on Mars in the ActiveWorlds program. You
can find them both (we're neighbours, hehe) at 288N 13E. I thought they'd
make a good meeting place for us all!
--
Lis Morris,
Evil Shee Potato Grower!

Dallas O'Dell

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
What is Active World? Sorry if it is a dumb question.

Cimmerae

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
Hello Lis, may I visit you on Mars. I also have this Active World browser. I am
still wondering if I want to add another program that eats time like a ravonous
beast. What do you think about active world.
Email me if you like.
Cimm...@AOL.com

Lis Morris

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

Cimmerae wrote in message <19981123130831...@ng-fb2.aol.com>...

well, so far i love it! sure come and see my house anytime.. it's a free
house- I created it for creatures users to have somewhere to get together
and chat!

Spitfire85

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
>All those who would like to meet on the Active World program reply to
>this and we'll sort out a time.

What, in all the things that are weird on the web, is a/the active world
program? I mean, lis
said that she had a house an mars!

Oh yeah, by the way: Always put [OT] before a off topic post

---
Another post by me, spitfire85 (yes I'm weird (and wired), and I like it too.)

the guy of knowledge in a.g.c (and I hafe eror fee spilling)

my anti-naven army: o_o o_o o_o o_o o_o o_o

::-|<----its an alien!

Bottom Line:
_______________

Suzy Ostapower

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
::raises hand up and down annoyingly:: ME!! ME!!!

Starcluster

Ettin Boy <sa...@charvet.co.uk> wrote:

>All those who would like to meet on the Active World program reply to
>this and we'll sort out a time.
>

> Peter Cuomo

Bibble

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
Is it really worth registering?

--
Bibble
tom...@slip.net

Bibble's Creatures World
http://www.slip.net/~tomtat/jen/

The Dragon and Firelizard Weyr!
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Chasm/6267/

Bibble of NORN
Creator and Maintainor of COB Wing
http://members.xoom.com/Nornan/Bibble/Enter.htm

ICQ# 15382477

Hunting scuba cows (A Poem)

Pebbles are not edible. It is fruitless to try eating them.
I have not eaten a sandwhich in many days.
Despair not for Wednesdays.
Salmon unite.
Boo hoo.
Bye.

Thankyou.
Lis Morris wrote in message
<911837588.15215.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>Ettin Boy wrote in message <365987...@charvet.co.uk>...

>>All those who would like to meet on the Active World program reply to
>>this and we'll sort out a time.
>>
>> Peter Cuomo
>

>Waffy and I have both built houses on Mars in the ActiveWorlds program. You
>can find them both (we're neighbours, hehe) at 288N 13E. I thought they'd
>make a good meeting place for us all!

Wafuru

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98

Bibble wrote:

> Is it really worth registering?

I think it is. I've been having a blast building my home on AW and zooming
around in the guise of a little robotic canine :) I figure, it's 20 bucks for a
year's worth of access, with no real limit on your building. It's cool!

--
Watashi no namae wa Wafuru desu.
http://www.telesouth1.com/~ryouko/creatures/norn.html
ICQ #9973930
---
The world... is Square. Yadda yadda, yackity-smackity...
I want FFVIII now! NOW! Bring it on! *_*
---
o/~ Hail to the chief, he's the one we all say 'Hail' to. o/~
o/~ We all say 'Hail' 'cause he keeps himself so clean! o/~
o/~ He's got the power, that's why he's in the shower... o/~
- Dave
---
(This has been a test of the pointless .sigcasting system. Had this been a real
.sig, there may have been something useful in it.)
***

Bean 118

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
>Waffy and I have both built houses on Mars in the ActiveWorlds program. You
>can find them both (we're neighbours, hehe) at 288N 13E. I thought they'd
>make a good meeting place for us all!

My gosh.. I say we set up a whole colony right there. Quick, someone tell me
how to build a house!

Bean, Goddess of Ettin, member of the pantheon, ect, ect...

"This Naven FAQ was paid for by Bill Gates' stolen Credit card...aahh
oops..."
-Ping

Visit ALB-Labs!
http://members.aol.com/bean118/alblabs.html

Remove ma to reply

Nornina

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
> I think it is. I've been having a blast building my home on AW and
>zooming
>around in the guise of a little robotic canine :) I figure, it's 20 bucks
>for a
>year's worth of access, with no real limit on your building. It's cool!

I agree with Waffy,but I'm using a blonde female avatar. I am building
"Biosphere Albia" : )
:) :) :)
Cati of th' wolfpack.
Albian high grendel priestess.
Nornina's Norns http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Tower/5642/
Secrets of the shee http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Tower/5642/C2.html

Nornina

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
>My gosh.. I say we set up a whole colony right there

We are. My house is in Mars,292N 7E : )

Onatrip44

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98

>> I think it is. I've been having a blast building my home on AW and
>>zooming
>>around in the guise of a little robotic canine :) I figure, it's 20 bucks
>>for a
>>year's worth of access, with no real limit on your building. It's cool!
>>

>I agree with Waffy,but I'm using a blonde female avatar. I am building
>"Biosphere Albia" : )

>:) :) :)
>Cati of th' wolfpack.

It's looking _very_ good, too!!!
I think I'll make some neato things in Simply 3D 3 for my place- when I
register, that is :)

________
Onatrip44
Junk Blocked!
Remove "www" to reply

Anonymous quote- "I'm a bit thick" (aren't I cruel ;) )

C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN\
RUN\DOS\RUN!

My Page!
-http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/maze/1554/index.html

Cimmerae

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
>I've been having a blast building my home on AW

Visted your places on Mars, today.
Way cool !
I think I will join you all with my little norn daycare. A good caring home for
when moms and dads both have to work.
Marmie, Grandmotherly type wisewoman.

m@2

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
On 23 Nov 1998 21:35:47 GMT Spitfire85 wrote:

>>All those who would like to meet on the Active World program reply to
>>this and we'll sort out a time.

Over here! BTW: Is Mars where the Creatures people going to colonize
and build?
* * * * * * * * *
The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice.
The conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a
cause, a friend, a loved one.
-Draal, _Babylon 5_

m@2

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
On 24 Nov 1998 17:20:28 GMT Nornina wrote:

>>My gosh.. I say we set up a whole colony right there
>
>We are. My house is in Mars,292N 7E : )

Cool! I'll have to check it out! :-)
(if it's ok that is)

* * * * * * * * *

... Evolve or Die ...
m@2

m@2

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:34:48 -0800 Bibble wrote:

>Is it really worth registering?

Well, if you want to build you have to be registered. The other
benefits of registering are getting to choose different avatars than
the default two and things like being able to send telegrams (private
email) and keep a contact list.

If you don't care about any of that stuff than you don't need to
register. You can still visit people's houses and check out other
worlds etc...

Hope that helps
/karin
(aka m@2 = m at two = emato)

'A'ohe pau a 'ike, ika halau ho'okahi -
"All knowledge is not taught in one school"

Bibble

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
Hmmm... I hope I can get that much money.

Bibble's Creatures World
http://www.slip.net/~tomtat/jen/

Nornina wrote in message <19981124112637...@ng03.aol.com>...

>> I think it is. I've been having a blast building my home on AW and
>>zooming
>>around in the guise of a little robotic canine :) I figure, it's 20 bucks
>>for a
>>year's worth of access, with no real limit on your building. It's cool!
>>

>I agree with Waffy,but I'm using a blonde female avatar. I am building
>"Biosphere Albia" : )
>:) :) :)
>Cati of th' wolfpack.

Bean 118

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
>Over here! BTW: Is Mars where the Creatures people going to colonize
>and build?

Yes! Let's make it like the 13 Americian Colonies! And then wait for Cyberlife
to put unfair taxes on norns, and say we can't build our own anything, and then
HAVE A WAR AND MAKE OUR OWN A-LIFE! HA!

Erm.. <cough>

<waits patiently to be flamed by every English person on the newsgroup>

LdyMagic33

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
Where did this thread start from and what is it about?

Denise L. Voskuil

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
On 25 Nov 1998 02:20:42 GMT, ldyma...@aol.com (LdyMagic33) wrote:
>Where did this thread start from and what is it about?

Check earlier posts in it on Deja News or in the newsgroup; this will
provide a more full picture than an explanation.

- Denise

--
Denise L. Voskuil-Marre' - dvos...@mcs.com or grend...@hotmail.com
If you're posting your response in the newsgroup, DO NOT E-mail me a copy!

Greybeard the Zorg

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
In article <19981124190454...@ng134.aol.com>, Bean 118
<bea...@aol.comma> writes

>>Over here! BTW: Is Mars where the Creatures people going to colonize
>>and build?
>
>Yes! Let's make it like the 13 Americian Colonies! And then wait for Cyberlife
>to put unfair taxes on norns, and say we can't build our own anything, and then
>HAVE A WAR AND MAKE OUR OWN A-LIFE! HA!
>
>Erm.. <cough>
>
><waits patiently to be flamed by every English person on the newsgroup>

Flaming by numbers, hup, one, two, three
Being Scottish, and having taught the English a couple of things about
colonization in 1603, I bid you come to the right place for advice.
For we were indeed the True Masters of Colonialism. Got a bit dreary after a
while though. Can you imagine 70% of the Globe, PINK????
And what with all those floggings and hangings, and trying to get the natives
speaking proper, and, and.... Yes, yes, far too dreary.
Enjoy, though.

Greybeard the Zorg <grey...@birnie.demon.co.uk>

Das

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
Ettin Boy <sa...@charvet.co.uk> wrote:

>All those who would like to meet on the Active World program reply to
>this and we'll sort out a time.

yeah!! I jsut built Casa De' Das under the visitor guise, it's
marvelous, a work of art, and even has a guest cottage <g>

> Peter Cuomo

Another thought revoking message from your friendly neighborhood spider...

er.....wait...that's Peter Parker.....oh well, here's something from

Das (pronounced DOS) of NORN

other aliases: Das le' `chaz, MechaDas, Das_Albia, SM-Angel-Das, Das treq',Admiral Meepy
annoying petnames: Dassypooh, Dassy, Dassie, DoilyDude, Dassydoodle, <insert another annoying name here>
former aol listings, may they burn with Netscape: Das Shivan, DEMO101, Das Gly, FF Cait

Admiral Meepy of the Weeble Pirating organization

regional Pyromania director within NORN collective
"bringing new ways to set objects aflame"

UIN:6920984

Master of the sacred Hiss and Bite Technique

To reply remove binky

"at base, science is no more than an investigation
miracle we can never explain, and art is an interpetation
of that miracle" -Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronciles

"A woman can pour hot wax on her legs and rip out the
hair but still be afraid of a spider" -Jerry Seinfeld, Sein Language

"Why be positive when being negative is so much easier?" -Das (hey, that's ME!!)

"And here's what <insert name> sez, with a mouth full of PEZ!" - Jason Westman :)

"lol" - anyone who's ever been within 20 feet of a computer (or a mac <G>)

"where's my pants?" - anyone that's been through college (also myself after being at home for 2 weeks)

"if ignorance is bliss then maybe humans are the holy ones" - another one from my thought vaults

"Never eat anything bigger than your head" - Max Jerome

"I refuse be quoted in a Sig" - AntiNorn

"Stupid people are a drag on society. Intelligent people should rule the world. All idiots
should be forced into hard physical labor or be executed, while Intelligence supervises to make sure
they're doing it correctly. Welcome to the economics." - Book of Das, Chapter 4, Section 1

"32 bit performance, as opposed to 32 emulated on 16 bit platform, for an 8 bit patch,based on a 4 bit processor, built by a 2 bit company, who cant stand for 1 bit of competition." - Jason Moran, aka Tetsyck, comparing WinNT and Win95/98

"The new and improved CDN, it makes your blackers black, your whiters white, costs less, has a great taste AND is less filling, it slices, it dices, it Catches fish! That's right, it's the Creatures Developers Network!!" - Lisa de Araujo, marketing shark

"I want a pony, either lavender or periwinkle, and I also wish for a cookie" - more Das

"I am perfect, your perception is flawed" - Das's ego.

note: I neither know nor care about any typo I amke, please do nto bother me about thme.

Dokter Ooh

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
I got a question. I have a 56K modem but in the new place i just moved to I
am only getting 28K. Hopefully I will get it taken care of but what I want to
know is should I wait until I have 56K again before trying out Active Worlds?
Thanks in advance.
SIGNED,
the fellow known by the norns as "JOE"

Das

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98
dokt...@aol.com (Dokter Ooh) wrote:

> I got a question. I have a 56K modem but in the new place i just moved to I
>am only getting 28K. Hopefully I will get it taken care of but what I want to
>know is should I wait until I have 56K again before trying out Active Worlds?
> Thanks in advance.

I have a 56K, but only connect at 28.8 at best (cheap 56K, unsopported
everywhere), and it runs great. :)

> SIGNED,
> the fellow known by the norns as "JOE"

Bob

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98

Dokter Ooh wrote in message <19981125103005...@ng138.aol.com>...

> I got a question. I have a 56K modem but in the new place i just moved to
>am only getting 28K. Hopefully I will get it taken care of but what I want
>know is should I wait until I have 56K again before trying out Active
Worlds?
> Thanks in advance.
> SIGNED,
> the fellow known by the norns as "JOE"

Could someone post the link to Active World..
Thanks
Bob n1...@exploremaine.com

xOtix

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98

mark...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/26/98
In article <19981125103005...@ng138.aol.com>,

dokt...@aol.com (Dokter Ooh) wrote:
> I got a question. I have a 56K modem but in the new place i just moved to I
> am only getting 28K. Hopefully I will get it taken care of but what I want to
> know is should I wait until I have 56K again before trying out Active Worlds?
> Thanks in advance.
> SIGNED,
> the fellow known by the norns as "JOE"

Active Worlds chat will work with a 28.8 modem connection. I can't connect any
faster than that, (running a 33.6 but stuck at 28.8) and it works fine.
--
Mark

The reason some people are lost in thought,
is that it is unfamilliar territory.