Active Worlds - Albia ?

m@2

Jun 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/17/98

I was hanging out over at Active Worlds http://www.activeworlds.com/
and started picturing 'Albia Active World' and norn avatars and all
kinds of cool things and was wondering if anyone participates in
Active Worlds?

Since so many have dedicated web sites and web rings and ICQ is
popular, I was just wondering if anyone was into doing the Active
Worlds thing? They even have rings and stuff and you can allow or not
allow others to modify your world or objects etc... kind of cool.

The bad news: yes it needs a browser (that's free and can be
downloaded there) and it needs 50mgs hard drive space to fully "play"
in the worlds.

Anyway, if anyone has anything going over there, let me know. You can
build your own space free and put in 'hot' links to your URLs (to your
web page) there too. It's pretty cool.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the company or own any severs or
whatever -- just a 3D artist freak always checking things out.

* * * * * * * * *
... Evolve or Die ...
m@2
--
Karin (aka m@2) email: emato@gate-dot-net
Homepage: (still under construction)

Net Gremlin

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

I just checked it out and am downloading it now...This looks pretty
kewl. I (blindly) encourage everyone to try this.

--
-Net Gremlin
"The help, unlooked for."

Jason Westman

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

And here's what Nutter sez, with a mouth full of PEZ!

>On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:42 -1200, Net Gremlin
><Whirl...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>I just checked it out and am downloading it now...This looks pretty
>>kewl. I (blindly) encourage everyone to try this.
>>
>Am I right in thinking this is a GUI, do-it-yourself no-coding MUD?

Depends what you mean by 'no-coding'. You get to build things but not
program them.

=> Jason!
--
"My 4 years addicted to Pez has given me Red Rubylike Teeth."
--Ping

Spamblocked, remove passion to reply!

Jason Westman

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

And here's what m@2 sez, with a mouth full of PEZ!

>I was hanging out over at Active Worlds http://www.activeworlds.com/
>and started picturing 'Albia Active World' and norn avatars and all
>kinds of cool things and was wondering if anyone participates in
>Active Worlds?

I quit ActiveWorlds a long time ago. (It consistently delivered me either
boredom or sex, and I didn't quite care to see either...)

Anyway, at a 50 mb download (did you say?) that's 1/3 of the space left on
my C:\ drive.. could never sacrifice that much...

Nutter

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

Jason Westman <matan...@starplace.compassion> wrote in article
<6ma2pq$4a5$2...@supernews.com>...

> And here's what Nutter sez, with a mouth full of PEZ!
> >On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:42 -1200, Net Gremlin
> ><Whirl...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >
> >>I just checked it out and am downloading it now...This looks pretty
> >>kewl. I (blindly) encourage everyone to try this.
> >>
> >Am I right in thinking this is a GUI, do-it-yourself no-coding MUD?
>
> Depends what you mean by 'no-coding'. You get to build things but not
> program them.
>
> => Jason!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant - I know some MUD admins who ended up
doing a lot of stuff in C every time there was a major world-change.

Nutter

Ping

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

m@2 wrote in message <358904f5....@news.gate.net>...

>I was hanging out over at Active Worlds http://www.activeworlds.com/
>and started picturing 'Albia Active World' and norn avatars and all
>kinds of cool things and was wondering if anyone participates in
>Active Worlds?

Ooo...I thought about that a while back when I was messing around in
ActiveWorlds. But I didn`t have any idea how to go about it. Sounds like a
great idea though.

__
ICQ: 6283750
_
.
Ping`s Norns
.
http://members.tripod.com/~Creatures/
.
-
"STEALING!! how could you. Haven`t you learned anything from
that guy who gives those sermons in church? captain what`s-his-name? We live
in a Society of Laws. Why do you think I took you to all those
Police Academy Movies? FOR FUN!! well I didn`t see anyone else
laughing, DID YOU!! except at that guy who made the sounds...
weeeew...honk honk...mmmvvv...mvvvv.....KABOOOOM!! now, where
was I? oh yah...STAY OUTTA' MY BOOZE!!"
--
----BEGIN_C-ADD_CODE_BLOCK----
Version Number: 1.2g

Unknown

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

50 MEG download ARE YOU MAD!!!!

I've only got a 28.8

Mannaz

I am a discordian, its like an accordian
only you play it louder.

Remove NOSPAM to mail me.
Visit my Hodge Podge
http://www.mannaz.mcmail.com

Or the Norn Adoption Centre (N.A.C.)
http://www.mannaz.mcmail.com/norn/norns.htm

Fancy a Game of NornQuake?
http://www.mannaz.mcmail.com/kill/quake.htm

Net Gremlin

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

it's nowhere near that much...but when the program runs, it sets its max
graphics download for 50 meg....you can set it as low as you want...

It seems promising though. I'm going to join, anyway.

Lis Morris

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

Nutter wrote in message <01bd9a99$db137080$3948...@beecham.demon.co.uk>...

I'm a MUD builder.. it's great fun... What level shall I be today? How about
100? I think I'll have one million gold. Let's create a monster so I can
kill it!

This quest requires me to find a ruby key <creates ruby key out of thin air>
There! Easy quest or what?

Ping

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

Mannaz wrote in message <3590e3e1...@betanews.mcmail.com>...

>50 MEG download ARE YOU MAD!!!!

it`s not 50meg, that`s got blown up a few megabytes by people. 50meg is the
Graphics Download, but you can alter that.

>Fancy a Game of NornQuake?
>http://www.mannaz.mcmail.com/kill/quake.htm

::sigh::

Makes me wish I thought that Quake was a decent game :)

Jason Westman

Jun 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/18/98

And here's what JenJam12 sez, with a mouth full of PEZ!
>Where in Active world is the Albia world??
>I lookeds and downloaded the browser but I still can't find it.

I don't think it exists yet. Try finding a nice empty plot of land and making
it YOURSELF.

=> Jason!
--
"Trying to make rules about this stuff is like trying to nail jelly to a Bach
fugue."

JenJam12

Jun 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/19/98

Where in Active world is the Albia world??
I lookeds and downloaded the browser but I still can't find it.
:: Screams at the top of her lungs ::
WHERE IS THE 3D ALBIA!!!!!!!!!!!
:: begins to whine again::
I WANT ABLIA 3D!!!!
:: pauses and remember how she is still whining about last time ::
:: Creatures Craz Girl Pouts ::

Creatures Craz Girl : )
:: Stands up at Norn Peace ceremony ::
:: New norns shakes hands with humans ::
:: Sees Huge Grendal Army Destroy earth and Albia ::
"NO !!!!!!!!!!"
:: Giant Hand Attacks Norns and Humans ::
"AAAHHHH!!!!"
:: I wake up ::

Daniel Silverstone

Jun 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/20/98

In article <#V6Zv2tm9GA.280@upnetnews05> lis_m...@msn.com "Lis Morris" writes:

> I'm a MUD builder.. it's great fun... What level shall I be today? How about
> 100? I think I'll have one million gold. Let's create a monster so I can
> kill it!
>
> This quest requires me to find a ruby key <creates ruby key out of thin air>
> There! Easy quest or what?

I intend to make a Dynamic MUD server once I get to University...
I want it to have scripting capabilities

--
Daniel Silverstone (Kinnison (at) farstar.demon.co.uk) of NORN
ICQ#: Broken! Site -> http://www.farstar.demon.co.uk/creatures/

Brad Fermanich

Jun 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/20/98

Daniel Silverstone wrote:

> In article <#V6Zv2tm9GA.280@upnetnews05> lis_m...@msn.com "Lis Morris" writes:
>
> > I'm a MUD builder.. it's great fun... What level shall I be today? How about
> > 100? I think I'll have one million gold. Let's create a monster so I can
> > kill it!
> >
> > This quest requires me to find a ruby key <creates ruby key out of thin air>
> > There! Easy quest or what?
>
> I intend to make a Dynamic MUD server once I get to University...
> I want it to have scripting capabilities

I wrote for a mud for a while once. I never actually played the game,
just wrote for it. The most interesting things were the dynamic forest
and ocean that I wrote. The forest, for instance, had several thousand
rooms, only about 10 existed at one time. Each room was created as
things moved into it, and destroyed as it was left empty.

--

Brad.
EagerBevar Hunter of Sarcastica,

Morghana: Don't wear any cement kilts!

Emy S.:How come I've never said anything quotable?

ICQ: 5690051

http://rw1.rworld.com/brf/index.htm