How old should pensioneers be??

Banan...@mindless.com

Mar 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/2/98

Does anyone know if it's normal for a norn to be a pensioneer at around 5
hours??? I have a bunch of norns in my world that are around 5 hours and are
pensioneers...

Thanks

~Banan...@mindless.com

brand...@innocent.com

Mar 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/2/98

In article <6dfkj9$mh9$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

Banan...@mindless.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if it's normal for a norn to be a pensioneer at around 5
> hours??? I have a bunch of norns in my world that are around 5 hours and are
> pensioneers...

I could be mistaken, but how quickly they age is a matter of how much stress
they're induced to in the world during their youth.

,,,^..^,,,

Elisel Midnight

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

>> Does anyone know if it's normal for a norn to be a pensioneer at around 5
>> hours??? I have a bunch of norns in my world that are around 5 hours and are
>> pensioneers...
>>
>I could be mistaken, but how quickly they age is a matter of how much stress
>they're induced to in the world during their youth.
>
>,,,^..^,,,

Hehe, I've had a couple of Norns that got to the age of 21 befor, and
were still breeding fine ;) :)
Though at this very moment they are swimming around on my hard drive
some where... I /hate/ it when my computer decides to swallow files
(really must get around to putting my stock pile of Norns onto disks...)
| _-----_ Midnight Shadow \| | | |
| // __ \\--, \ | | |
| ,\ //@))\ ||/ " Blood sipped by crimson lips, \| | |
| \\ \ //\// The red elixia of the darkest night, \ | |
| \\__\||__/ The life blood of mortals, \| |
| >\\ ,-, The blood, the night, the horrors. " \ |
| ,__'\\` /' \ \/~*~\/ \|
| \ \\ / \ |
| '---_||__---' |
| \\ e-mail -> sha...@elisel-midnight.demon.co.uk |
| `|| |
| ||` webpage -> http://www.elisel-midnight.demon.co.uk |
|______________\\______________________________________________________|

Banan...@mindless.com

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

In article <6dg12d$439$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

brand...@innocent.com wrote:

> In article <6dfkj9$mh9$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> Banan...@mindless.com wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if it's normal for a norn to be a pensioneer at around 5
> > hours??? I have a bunch of norns in my world that are around 5 hours and
are
> > pensioneers...
> >
> I could be mistaken, but how quickly they age is a matter of how much stress
> they're induced to in the world during their youth.
>
> ,,,^..^,,,

I thought that only happened to female forest norns...norn of the norns in
this world are part forest norn...

~BananaNorn

(Banan...@mindless.com)

brand...@innocent.com

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

> Hehe, I've had a couple of Norns that got to the age of 21 befor, and
> were still breeding fine ;) :)
> Though at this very moment they are swimming around on my hard drive
> some where... I /hate/ it when my computer decides to swallow files
> (really must get around to putting my stock pile of Norns onto disks...)

Yuh. I had one that got to 36 hours of age, and was still giving me little
norns. I hate to be morbid, but I was must waiting for the girl to die
eventually. ;) Is it time to hoist up the white flag and believe she's
immortal?

DEMO101

Mar 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/4/98

>I thought that only happened to female forest norns...norn of the norns in
>this world are part forest norn...

no, that's with all of them, but the female forest tend to stress out easier
(or is it they are aged quicker by stress?), and it also depends on what
they've eaten (remember the tomatoes and a few other cobs also shorten life
span).........my norns typically go pensioner from ages 5-15 hours, and I
usually export my males that this happens to (females can stil breed)
-Das, The logical Athiest gamer UIN#6920984
http://members.aol.com/DEMO101/Albia.html
Albia Express
tell me if I can use your norns/grendels/cobs/utilities
founder of DaNs. members: Das, Ping

Elisel Midnight

Mar 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/4/98

>Yuh. I had one that got to 36 hours of age, and was still giving me little
>norns. I hate to be morbid, but I was must waiting for the girl to die
>eventually. ;) Is it time to hoist up the white flag and believe she's
>immortal?
Well, if her life force never drops below about 97%, then, yes, she is a
Highland Immortal ;)

Sitri12

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98

Hi,

On 4 Mar 1998 03:39:14 GMT, dem...@aol.com (DEMO101) wrote:

>remember the tomatoes and a few other cobs also shorten life
>span

Woah! This is news to me. And I've just injected the tomato vendor!
Could someone enlighten me as to why this is, please?

Thanks.

Mae Tang
posting c/o my partner's account. e-mail:
mae...@nu-it.demon.co.uk

Matthew Lawrenson

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98

Sitri12 wrote in message <34fdcbf8...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>Woah! This is news to me. And I've just injected the tomato vendor!
>Could someone enlighten me as to why this is, please?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Mae Tang

Tomatoes contain not only starch and sex drive increase, they also contain
adrenaline, which reduces the ageing chemical, thus reducing life span.

Matthew 'The Cat' Lawrenson - Ich Bin Ein Norn
http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/xjx69/ichbin.shtml

Silver

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98

Thanx for telling. I have about five tomato vendors in my world. I guess
it's not such a good thing, huh?

Matthew Lawrenson <xj...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in article
<6dltcb$95q$1...@plug.news.pipex.net>...

Rocketgrl

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98

> > adrenaline, which reduces the ageing chemical, thus reducing life span.

How does reducing the ageing chemical reduce the lifespan? I figured it
would lengthen it.

Rocketgrl

Casey

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98
First off aging is more of a signal of much life the norn has left. It
can be thought of as ihibiting aging. Secondly the adrenlne reducing
life span feature wasn't implemented in normal norns. Only norns
descended from nancy have such genetics.

Roger Ibarra

Mar 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/7/98
to brand...@innocent.com
Hey, I had one (My favorit) that lived to be over 16hr. old (Once in a life time kinda Norn!)
                                                                                                          Dr.Rep

  Banan...@mindless.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if it's normal for a norn to be a pensioneer at around 5
> hours??? I have a bunch of norns in my world that are around 5 hours and are
> pensioneers...

I could be mistaken, but how quickly they age is a matter of how much stress
they're induced to in the world during their youth.

,,,^..^,,,

Lars

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

If the age they become a pensioner relies on stress, I have a totally
100% stress-free norn. He's 16:20 and is still a breedable adult.
Someone please explain this to me.

slink

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

On Sun, 08 Mar 1998 04:11:27 -0600, Lars <la...@brazil.crosswinds.net>
wrote:

>If the age they become a pensioner relies on stress, I have a totally
>100% stress-free norn. He's 16:20 and is still a breedable adult.
>Someone please explain this to me.

The original three types of norns, as well as the Purple Mountain
norns and the 1996 Santa did not have a gene to make them die of old
age. They also did not have a gene to make them age through stress,
despite the name on the gene. These oversights were corrected in the
later genomes.

--
Sandra -> http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/
GEEK CODE Version 3.12: GS>AT !d(++)@ s:+ a+ C+++($) !U(C/H$) P(+)@

Lis 'Potato' Morris

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

slink wrote in message <3502afd0...@news.netins.net>...

>On Sun, 08 Mar 1998 04:11:27 -0600, Lars <la...@brazil.crosswinds.net>
>wrote:
>
>>If the age they become a pensioner relies on stress, I have a totally
>>100% stress-free norn. He's 16:20 and is still a breedable adult.
>>Someone please explain this to me.
>
>The original three types of norns, as well as the Purple Mountain
>norns and the 1996 Santa did not have a gene to make them die of old
>age. They also did not have a gene to make them age through stress,
>despite the name on the gene. These oversights were corrected in the
>later genomes.

I am puzzled.. I have only the older norns (and the hippies and grorns :-))
in my world.. but they do die of old age, normally because they stop eating
on reaching old age... so what do rons, santas 97's and forests die of?
Lis Morris,
Potato Lady Extraordinaire!
Get your hippy norns here!
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/morris_family/hippy.htm

Argh it's a geekcode! www.geekcode.com

Maraxux101

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

I had a male turn pensioner at 3:30.
-Boss, The Incredibly Illogical Gamer
Proud member of DaNs
"Hey, that movie sucked"

slink

Mar 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/13/98

Er, old age. I suppose their mitochondrial DNA mutate. <shifty look>
They die when ageing runs out. Originally they were supposed to die
from inability to fight off a chronic infection of something called
necromold. I got that idea from a show on house flies, which showed
flies in early September being dessicated by a white growth of some
kind that the flies were unable to defeat in colder weather. But
there were technical problems with implementing that. Specifically,
import and startup deaths rose to 50%.

sirghoul

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

Should be easy enough to find.

Open up the 'Find' program from the Start Menu, and have it search for the following terms:

*.exp
*.gen
*.zip

case shouldn't matter.

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 15:57:02 +0000, Elisel Midnight <sha...@elisel-midnight.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Does anyone know if it's normal for a norn to be a pensioneer at around 5
>>> hours??? I have a bunch of norns in my world that are around 5 hours and are
>>> pensioneers...
>>>
>>I could be mistaken, but how quickly they age is a matter of how much stress
>>they're induced to in the world during their youth.
>>
>>,,,^..^,,,
>

>Hehe, I've had a couple of Norns that got to the age of 21 befor, and
>were still breeding fine ;) :)
>Though at this very moment they are swimming around on my hard drive
>some where... I /hate/ it when my computer decides to swallow files
>(really must get around to putting my stock pile of Norns onto disks...)

>--
>| _-----_ Midnight Shadow \| | | |
>| // __ \\--, \ | | |
>| ,\ //@))\ ||/ " Blood sipped by crimson lips, \| | |
>| \\ \ //\// The red elixia of the darkest night, \ | |
>| \\__\||__/ The life blood of mortals, \| |
>| >\\ ,-, The blood, the night, the horrors. " \ |
>| ,__'\\` /' \ \/~*~\/ \|
>| \ \\ / \ |
>| '---_||__---' |
>| \\ e-mail -> sha...@elisel-midnight.demon.co.uk |
>| `|| |
>| ||` webpage -> http://www.elisel-midnight.demon.co.uk |

Sir Ghoul.

Frimlin

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

A) Norn pensioners can't exist because they don't
recieve a pension <g>

B) Norn pensioners should be as old as they feel
<g>

:))))