Looking for Genetics Kits for C1.

snowcalico

May 17, 2004, 2:55:06 PM5/17/04
I know I'm probably on what is an impossible quest... but does anyone
know where I can get the Genetics Kit for C1? Was it only able to be
purchased and then downloaded, or did you get an actual install CD? If
the latter is true, is there anyone who would sell me their copy?
Sadly, back when the game originally came out, I was not yet employeed
and unable to buy it. Now that I have a job, of course, Cyberlife has
long since ceased to exist.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Don

May 18, 2004, 6:50:34 AM5/18/04
CyberLife hasn't ceased to exist, it was later named Creature Labs and
bought by Gameware Development who run the website, forums and Creatures
Docking Station game server. They still have Creatures Project Loci for the
XBox if a developer wants to pay for it's development and release, have
remastered all the Creatures games for Windows XP and are selling them under
the twin-set names Creatures Exodus, Creatures Village and The Albian Years
and are currently working on Creatures Mobile, a Creatures game for the
mobile phone that might just be compatible with Docking Station.

All the developer tools for all the Creatures games are now available to
download free from Gameware, therefore you can find the C1 Genetics Kit
here:
http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/cdn/cdn_more.php?CDN_article_id=83

and their forums here:
http://gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/forums/index.php?referrerid=6

Gameware's Creature Labs index page is here:
http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/creatures_index.php

and you can even find the CDN here:
http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/ds/ds_index.php
and see how many people are playing Docking station online at any given
time.

Things are good in the CC! :)

Don
AmberCreatures
http://creatures.amberz.net
http://creaturesforum.amberz.net

"snowcalico" wrote in message

emmel

May 18, 2004, 9:18:19 AM5/18/04
On 2004-05-18, Don <d...@amberz.nospam.net> wrote:
> CyberLife hasn't ceased to exist, it was later named Creature Labs and
> bought by Gameware Development who run the website, forums and Creatures
> Docking Station game server. They still have Creatures Project Loci for the
> XBox if a developer wants to pay for it's development and release, have
> remastered all the Creatures games for Windows XP and are selling them under
> the twin-set names Creatures Exodus, Creatures Village and The Albian Years
> and are currently working on Creatures Mobile, a Creatures game for the
> mobile phone that might just be compatible with Docking Station.

Can we finally get the rereleases outside of the Netherlands?
::crosses fingers::
And, hey, look, it's Don!
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Don

May 18, 2004, 10:10:03 AM5/18/04
> "emmel" wrote:
> Can we finally get the rereleases outside of the Netherlands?
> ::crosses fingers::
> And, hey, look, it's Don!
> --
> emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
> (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)
>
> Official AGC feedback maniac
>
> "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."
>
> "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."
>
> "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
> "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
> Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."
>
> Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Gameware are trying to get the remasters published in as many countries as
possible and the games will be available to buy from the Creatures Mall
(http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/cart/customer/home.php?cat=7) so
everyone should have access to the series in one form or another :)

As a side note, I think Creatures Exodus will be well worth buying since
it's Windows XP compatible, was intended to run on a 32 bit desktop
(hopefully Sparky got that going) and contains Creatures 3, Creatures
Docking Station and the Fallow, Harlequin, Magma, Bengal, Bruin, Civet and
Chi-Chi norn breeds, ettins and grendels.

emmel

May 19, 2004, 7:07:15 AM5/19/04
On 2004-05-18, Don <d...@amberz.nospam.net> wrote:
>> "emmel" wrote:
>> Can we finally get the rereleases outside of the Netherlands?
>> ::crosses fingers::
>> And, hey, look, it's Don!
>
> Gameware are trying to get the remasters published in as many countries as
> possible and the games will be available to buy from the Creatures Mall
> (http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/cart/customer/home.php?cat=7) so
> everyone should have access to the series in one form or another :)

*Will* or *is*, that's the question.

> As a side note, I think Creatures Exodus will be well worth buying since
> it's Windows XP compatible, was intended to run on a 32 bit desktop
> (hopefully Sparky got that going) and contains Creatures 3, Creatures
> Docking Station and the Fallow, Harlequin, Magma, Bengal, Bruin, Civet and
> Chi-Chi norn breeds, ettins and grendels.

I know. I really want that one (as well as the others; real
collectibles, eh?)

SnowCalico

May 19, 2004, 11:26:08 AM5/19/04

Oh! Thank you for your help! And please pardon my ignorance. ^^;; I don't know
how I'd missed it on their site.