Beowolf's sites gone.

Al Maggs

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
Yep, Alexander Lammale's shut down his site due to the news of CDN,
(http://www.tekres.com/creatures/Beowolf/index2.html). Not sure if it is
permanent or just temprary - I'm hoping the latter.

Incidently, at the risk of being flamed, what has everyone got against CDN
exactly? I'm certainly hoping to join (I'm working on my 'application' cob
right now - I'm using that new underwater room that I've been talking about).
I'm joining so that I can get the most out of the game for my forthcoming cobs
- although I will DEFINATELY be continuing making free cobs with other 3rd
party software. The way I see it is that it would be a way to use the full
potential of the game and get technical support from Cyberlife and learn more
about the system along the way.

Ali

ICQ: 13458055

ALBIA 2000:
http://members.aol.com/albia2000/creatures/
---17 New cobs!---EXCLUSIVE C2 report---Toby Simpson
Shrine--- Who's who at a.g.c---Essex Norns---Norn Songs---

LIGHTNING SEEDS
Http://members.aol.com/jollifyweb/seeds/

B@stian Schiebener

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98

Al Maggs schrieb:

> Yep, Alexander Lammale's shut down his site due to the news of CDN,
> (http://www.tekres.com/creatures/Beowolf/index2.html). Not sure if it is
> permanent or just temprary - I'm hoping the latter.

He told me, it is down until he can upload again some days ago. Don´t know if this
has changed.
Bastian

Shaun McKinster

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98

Al Maggs wrote in message
<199808192049...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>I'm joining so that I can get the most out of the game for my forthcoming
cobs
>- although I will DEFINATELY be continuing making free cobs with other 3rd
>party software. The way I see it is that it would be a way to use the full
>potential of the game and get technical support from Cyberlife and learn
more
>about the system along the way.

When you get your written contract take it to a contracts lawyer and get his
opinion of whether you can make "free" COBs or anything else for C2 without
going through Cyberlife.

slink

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98

ROTFL, one born every minute isn't there. :)

--
Sandra -> http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/
GEEK CODE Version 3.12: GS>AT !d(++)@ s:+ a+ C+++($) !U(C/H$) P(+)@

Shaun McKinster

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98

slink wrote in message <35db5d56...@news.netins.net>...

>On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:52:26 -0400, "Shaun McKinster"
><SHA...@email.msn.com> wrote:
>

>>Al Maggs wrote in message
>><199808192049...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>>>I'm joining so that I can get the most out of the game for my forthcoming
>>cobs
>>>- although I will DEFINATELY be continuing making free cobs with other
3rd
>>>party software. The way I see it is that it would be a way to use the
full
>>>potential of the game and get technical support from Cyberlife and learn
>>more
>>>about the system along the way.
>>

>>When you get your written contract take it to a contracts lawyer and get
his
>>opinion of whether you can make "free" COBs or anything else for C2
without
>>going through Cyberlife.
>>

>ROTFL, one born every minute isn't there. :)
>
>--
>Sandra -> http://www.netins.net/showcase/slink/

What lawyers?
Probably
Their not all bad.
<grin>
be nice to the innocent

Daniel Silverstone

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98
In article <199808192049...@ladder01.news.aol.com>
alm...@aol.com "Al Maggs" writes:

> Yep, Alexander Lammale's shut down his site due to the news of CDN,
> (http://www.tekres.com/creatures/Beowolf/index2.html). Not sure if it is
> permanent or just temprary - I'm hoping the latter.
>

> Incidently, at the risk of being flamed, what has everyone got against CDN
> exactly? I'm certainly hoping to join (I'm working on my 'application' cob
> right now - I'm using that new underwater room that I've been talking about).

> I'm joining so that I can get the most out of the game for my forthcoming cobs
> - although I will DEFINATELY be continuing making free cobs with other 3rd
> party software. The way I see it is that it would be a way to use the full
> potential of the game and get technical support from Cyberlife and learn more
> about the system along the way.

A very dodgy outlook. You would need to be able to legally __PROVE__ that
you did not use the Information released to you under the Virtual-Developer
agreement to make the free stuff. (Or Cyberlife must agree to let you do
this.) - The Contract seems to err on the side of "used info" until proven
otherwise - a protective clause to cover cyberlife...

--
Kinnison - Self Important^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Appointed HTML basher
Daniel Silverstone (Kinnison (at) farstar.demon.co.uk) of NORN

Daniel Silverstone

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98
In article <eYI6eE#y9GA.334@upnetnews03>
SHA...@email.msn.com "Shaun McKinster" writes:

> What lawyers?
> Probably
> Their not all bad.
> <grin>
> be nice to the innocent

::waves hand in air::
"OOh, OOh... I know one..."
"What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?"
"One is a bottom-dwelling, slime-sucking bag-of-puss. The other is a fish"

slink

Aug 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/21/98
On Thu, 20 Aug 98 23:43:33 GMT, News...@farstar-NOSPAM.demon.co.uk
(Daniel Silverstone) wrote:
>"What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?"

Catfish taste good. I confess I've never tasted a lawyer. <eg>